• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typing help appreciated.

Shaedow

Hey, I'm somewhat new to this forum but have frequented others. I am curious about what type I could be and any help is appreciated.

What is your MBTI and Enneagram Type?
Taking the online tests more often than not I get INTJ. My T F scores are often very close. Other have suggest Fi dominant or that I seem to use Ni, so other typing I have received is ISFP. I also have had INFP due to feeling and intuition, and then I have others that see something completely different. Introversion seems a common thread and I do identify with it.

Enneagram is 9w1 which I'm am confident of.

What got you interested in Personality Type?
Initially I just found it interesting, since then it's become a challenge to better understand it. Over time it has turned into a challenge to understand the system better, but also how it applies to myself but to also understand others.

What kind of work do you do for a living?
Currently I'm studying a double degree. A bachelor of Mechanical engineering and a Bachelor of Design.
The Design I like, the engineering is somewhat tedious. Often it can be bogged down with details, being precise and often it is taught in such away of giving me a recipe without telling me what the recipe is cooking.

What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
I don't believe I have done anything grand. Haven't lived long enough to achieve something of real greatness. Perhaps getting a highly respected university is the greatest so far.

What would constitute a perfect day for you?
A perfect day would start with sleeping in to day dream, having no commitments to be concerned about and having time to causally do what ever I desire. Often this may be creating something, or learning about interesting things. Having the time to also work towards my goals. It would also be great to come across a large enough some of money (or perhaps instead an interesting career) where I can bring about the place I want to live in, the lifestyle I want to live and to acquire the freedom from mundane tasks and working just to survive.

What are you most grateful for in your life?
That I exist with very little negative impact or hardship compared to many others.

Is there something that you've dreamt of doing for a long time? Why haven't you done it?
Moving out of home and getting on with my life. I haven't done this as I do not have consistent work not the finances to move out on my own. I have however looked into many living options that are less expensive than the norm, reassessed what I actually need to be reasonably happy and made a mental attempt to let go of things I don't need. Turns out I don't need much, really a small space of my own with a few necessities. Reduction in living expensiveness to allow for time to achieve what I want.

If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
I would like to have learned how to handle the emotional landscape and conflict resolution. All I have to model off is yelling at one another because you are upset/angry rather than actually addressing the problem. This is how my parents argue and what has been passed to me. Whilst I don't yell, I tend to

Share an embarrassing moment in your life.
Can't really think of any. I tend not to be the one doing something silly/embarrassing.

Before making a phone call, do you ever rehearse what you're going to say? Why?
Yeah I can. It gets to the point where I just make the call or I'll just keep going over it in my head. I usually do it as I'm not comfortable on the phone or engaging others I don't know very well. If this were a friend or someone close I had to call I probably would have something in mind but wouldn't keep going over it.

If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be?
Any quality/ability?
Well I would be happy to gain the ability of mind manipulation/control. In essence I would be able to change others perception and so they could perceive me as have any quality I could desire to have. I wouldn't actually use it for ill intent, this is just the super hero power I'd like.
(yeah kind of that genie loop hole, using one wish to wish you have infinite wishes haha)

What do you value most in a friendship?
I think it would be the conversation/exchange of information I value. Being able to explore a topic of interest in depth with someone how can keep up or even have a light hearted debate with or learn something new.

What is your most treasured memory?
I don't really spend the time going over past memories or treasuring them.

What roles do love and affection play in your life?
I am not a very affectionate person and often I am only affectionate with those close to me (my partner). Love is something I harbor for those close to me, can be difficult to express and I often express it with helping practically, solving problems, being a listening ear or giving hugs.

Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be? Why?
To be honest I probably wouldn't bother to make the last dash. What ever objects are left aren't worth the risk of my life. Really if it's important I can remember it, if not I will have forgotten and not care about what I have lost in future.

Who would you want with you if you were stranded on a deserted island?
Who would I want with me? probably my partner.

If you could do anything you wanted right now, what would it be?
I like to spend my time planning, contemplating and imagining, which in many ways I am doing now. Or I can take an extra long shower.
If I had the resources on hand I could implement the ideas I have.

If money was no object, what would you do all day?
Build a better life and lifestyle for myself.

Who is your favorite author?
Don't have one. Often don't take note of authors.

What is your favorite book?
I don't really have a favourite.

What has been your biggest challenge?
Navigating the emotional landscape with others. I struggle with what to say, how to say it and how to comfort people. I am much better ate resolving a problem or giving advice that helps. This isn't always wanted though and isn't well received.

If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to?
Maybe about three years ago. I was happier then, since then being surrounded by negative energy it has dampened things. but we will see, I have more events to come in life to build myself back up and learn something new. I aim to live life with few regrets.

What does your life say about you?
Well that depends, from an outsiders perspective right now it might say I'm lazy (as i'm just studying not working). It might say I'm someone who enjoys learning as a lot of my time is spent researching what I find interesting or important to know.
As for my inner life, someone with great imagination, future thinking, reflecting and on the path of self understanding.

How would your friends describe you?
calm, imaginative, intelligent, kind, considerate. A few words people have used to describe me.

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
Have you considered ISTP?

ISXP is what I'm getting most. Se, Ti, Ni. As you say, you test close on T/F. I feel ISTP could be more accurate based on your post. In my experience, ISFPs have been quite forthcoming when asked about past experience, favourite authors/books/films.

Shaedow

Have you considered ISTP?

ISXP is what I'm getting most. Se, Ti, Ni. As you say, you test close on T/F. I feel ISTP could be more accurate based on your post. In my experience, ISFPs have been quite forthcoming when asked about past experience, favourite authors/books/films.

I'll have a look into it.

It's not that i'm not forthcoming, I just don't have favourite books/authors/films haha. Or even if I did, likely I wouldn't remember who wrote the book, or what the film name was. I've spent years listening to music an never even noticing the lyrics.
As for past experiences, I just don't spend a lot of time going over my past experiences. It doesn't interest me. I'm more interested in now, and how shaping now takes me towards the direction I want to go to reach my goals. What has happened has gone, what will happen is to come.