• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI Resources: Let's Collect!

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Yeah, Gifts Differing was good. I have Type Talk, The Art of SpeedReading People, Gifts Differing and Nurture By Nature. Nurture by Nature is about MBTI application with children. Gifts Differing helps make the most sense out of the system. I might have to pick up an introvert book, though. There's also the MBTI manual which is like 3 inches thick.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
The only thing i own and need is Please Understand Me II. That is my bible to cognitive anything. everything else i glance at and get a general idea on how it works.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz

I just stopped by Barnes and Noble and read through the first 20 pages of this. It was interesting, but basically just went over a lot of the things I already knew, about introverts being perceived as anti-social, blah blah. The rest of the book looked very clinical, though. I skipped it over when I found...

Thirded.

For exploration of cognitive function theory:
Personality Type : An Owner's Manual (Jung on the Hudson Book Series)
Lenore Thomson

I haven't found anything yet with adequate depth. And her pop culture references are tedious. But it's the best of a bad lot.

I bought that instead. It looks like an interesting read. The first page is funny:

To my ESTJ father--
who doubts that type means much of anything

my INFP mother--
who fervently hoped I'd write a book on the Enneagram

and my ENFP husband--
who can't believe I'd invest so much time in one project.

Heh. I hate you guys for making me buy a 5th book on the MBTI. I'm being sucked in.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I went to Borders last night, and all they had in stock was Please Understand Me II, so I got that one.
I already owned Please Understand Me, so it was a logical choice.

I'm still interested in other recommendations.
I need a couple more books.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
There's your mistake. You went to Borders. They suck at having the books I really want. I don't know why the little bookstores in the mall exist. They're so pointless except for being glorified magazine stands. I go to Barnes & Noble if I'm too impatient to wait on Amazon.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
There's your mistake. You went to Borders. They suck at having the books I really want. I don't know why the little bookstores in the mall exist. They're so pointless except for being glorified magazine stands. I go to Barnes & Noble if I'm too impatient to wait on Amazon.
This place wasn't small. It was gigantic... with a cafe and everything.
But I probably will end up ordering what I want online.
It's just that I was given Christmas money and I was supposed to have it wrapped and under the tree for Christmas, so waiting for shipping wasn't an option, nor was paying an arm and a leg for expediency.
Besides, I didn't imagine Borders wouldn't have what I wanted.
Live and learn.
I almost always buy books online, so I didn't know.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
This place wasn't small. It was gigantic... with a cafe and everything.
But I probably will end up ordering what I want online.
It's just that I was given Christmas money and I was supposed to have it wrapped and under the tree for Christmas, so waiting for shipping wasn't an option, nor was paying an arm and a leg for expediency.
Besides, I didn't imagine Borders wouldn't have what I wanted.
Live and learn.
I almost always buy books online, so I didn't know.

Ahh. You're forgiven, now.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I got psychological types from the campus library a few days ago. I've been skimming around the descriptions of the types and functions, but it's kinda hard to follow. The relationship between subject and object way that he puts it makes it interesting, though. It's weird reading it, thinking that everything started from this one book.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Necro'ing an old thread here, but I just found a book I saw a few months ago that I was wanting to buy:

What Type Am I? by Renee Baron

I wanted it mostly because it has little comics in it for each type which are really funny. Like, for INFJ, it has a comic about a girl sitting in front of a bookcase with journals for every year of her life.

maliafee

I took the Socionics test and while it said that I was an ENFJ (with a telling ghost P function, which bears witness to my twin sister's influence over me growing up), did anyone else's eyes bug out when you got to the "compatibilty" part? Ye Gods. Me and an ISTJ, married?? I have nothing against ISTJs whatsoever, but marriage? Then it recommended that I marry myself (NO NO NO!!! I'd rather be ALONE) or an ESTP (yes, that's nice, if I want to be dragged through life by a wacky raving daredevil). At the very bottom it listed INFP/INTP.

Yikes. I'm still giving the "ISTJ" pairing an astounded stare.

Okay, BUT: ENFJs sometimes hold up their partners to this idealistic standard. IF you married an ISTJ, at least that person would always stay the way you thought they were, and never let you down... :D

Chloe

I loved "Three keys to self-understanding" by Pat Wyman, has anybody red that one? It's more clinical - working on psychological problems with help of MBTI,Enneagram -smaller part + big part of book Inner child Healing (using mbti and enneagram as well) ?

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
MBTI Research sources

Is there a separate thread for MBTI research sources? For now I think I'll post it here and leave it up to anyone to judge the proper place.

A while ago I read an article about the 'daydreaming network' of the brain in a dutch popular science magazine. It dealt only with the left hemisphere, which I don't hope is lingering scientific underestimation of the right hemisphere, but in the descriptions of brain areas I could recognize some of the cognitive functions.

Here's a scan, if it works:

picture.php

Translations:

White title: Daydreaming in the brain cortex

Smaller picture on the left "Posterior cingulate cortex":
An area in the middle cortex, that has a.o. memory functions. => Si ?

Picture on the right, left yellow area "Medial prefrontal cortex":
This part of the frontal lobe classifies events in good, bad or neutral. The center is active when we think of the past or the future. => Te (Je)?

Picture on the right, right yellow area "Lateral parietal cortex":
This part of the parietal lobe is involved in the autobiographical memory and is also active when we think ahead. => Ni ?

Maybe a bit far-fetched, and preoccupied, but I thought this nicely corresponded with areas for the cognitive functions as described by Lenore Thomson.