• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts What do you dream about? (literal dreams during sleep)

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I have dreams about running or at least moving around a lot. Sometimes the running has a point - like a quarterback evading a sack or running into the ocean waves. Sometimes not. Last week I had a dream that I had to translate a speech in sign language. I don't know sign language. Except this.

68747470733a2f2f37382e6d656469612e74756d626c722e636f6d2f39616330313835356561386564653030373636376536366332336633396635322f74756d626c725f70343962796d6853347331746f616d6a386f325f3530302e676966

Mostly my dreams don't have much rhyme or reason. I have dreamt about losing teeth before but the everything I read says that's about losing control. That makes sense. I've also dreamt I was Bruce Jenner, pre-surgery of course, hence Bruce. That makes no sense.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
  • Having to get back home and not remembering the way while walking on familiar streets.
  • Being rejected by my friends or pushed out of our friend group.
  • Being the odd one out in a social affair or making a juvenile social blunder.
  • Someone I'm very close with is an impostor.
  • I'm being attacked or killed by somebody I love, usually coincides with the impostor dreams but not always.
  • I'm running from something and no matter how fast I run it's always right behind me.
  • Flashes of gore images, sometimes related to the dream and sometimes just as I'm slipping in/out of sleep.
  • Repeated false awakenings inside my own home, typically with a sort of horror twist.
  • Dreams of mourning my dog, but mostly because he was put down about a year ago and I've yet to emotionally process it so my subconscious has been going a bit crazy.
  • Aggressive outbursts at people I'm close with.
  • A lot of story-driven and emotional dreams that could play out like a movie. I had one awhile back about being back in school and falling in love with some boy, but he dies in the snow for a reason I don't remember and I sob over his dead body. The few good dreams I have also play out like adventure movies where I'm a hero on a quest to do whatever with my group of loyal trustees.
  • Occasional but not very common sexual dreams, and they're usually pretty normal. They were more frequent way back when I was in denial about my sexuality.
  • On a side note, occasional sleep paralysis and lucid dreaming often.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I want to do what notmyapples did, and just list off some things that reoccur in dreams.

- I dream that its overcast, or had rained recently so the ground is always reflecting the light
- My dreams usually are at dusk, overcast days/nights with mist, or late afternoon cloudy days.
- Ruins, everywhere. Especially if I am in nature. It always seems to grow over the ruins.
- Extremely complex underground labyrinths that seem to go on infinitely.
- Buildings are infinite mazes, cities are mazes, everything is a maze.
- There is always ghosts/poltergeists in everything. Nature, buildings, etc. Yes, they are always out to get me, but I can sometimes resist and avoid. Sometimes they get me, and I do not wake up. End up going through a dream possessed, and do horrible things.
- Metaphorical celestial symbolism. I constantly see planetary alignments, exploding suns, dimensional rifts.
- The environment inside buildings is always dusty, cold, and moldy. The lights are broken, things are usually broken.
- Extremely bizarre out of place things. Such as a cathedral in the middle of a street.
- Darkness, the metaphysical kind. Its always lurking in the corners of my dreams, and I can sense its presence. But its different from the poltergeists and spirits.
- The apocalypse. If I didn't think dreams were not prophetic, I would be terrified of what I have dreamed up.
- Lightning, it terrifies me in dreams. Its one of the few dream sensations I cannot stand, because it leaves me utterly powerless.
-Heights, I love heights. But some are scary.
-Falling indefinitely. (imagine if you were in space, and suddenly there was gravity and you fall away from all the planets and stars and then there is only darkness)

Welp, that is a few of them.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I heard Republicans and Democrats dream differently. According to the news I heard a Republican will dream about daily activities. Democrats in the other hand have adventure’s in their own dreams.

Speaking of my own dreams, I usually do not recall quite clear in detail. I dream people in my lifetime from multiple time’s intermix in my dream state. Thus person’s off past times are often also with more currently known individuals. I do look forward in pleasure upon me being in a twilight state of feeling ready to awaken and yet still in my dreaming state.

It is at these times I can enjoy a dream like a viewer and watching events unfold and change out in the dream like some movie. It’s with anticipation of what will happen further on in my dream when I am in this twighlight dreM scape.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I heard Republicans and Democrats dream differently. According to the news I heard a Republican will dream about daily activities. Democrats in the other hand have adventure’s in their own dreams.

Speaking of my own dreams, I usually do not recall quite clear in detail. I dream people in my lifetime from multiple time’s intermix in my dream state. Thus person’s off past times are often also with more currently known individuals. I do look forward in pleasure upon me being in a twilight state of feeling ready to awaken and yet still in my dreaming state.

It is at these times I can enjoy a dream like a viewer and watching events unfold and change out in the dream like some movie. It’s with anticipation of what will happen further on in my dream when I am in this twighlight dreM scape.

My dreams are sometimes painfully boring, and I'm pretty liberal.

Kas

Fabula rasa
-in maany dreams I remember I talk with fictional book/films characters , more rarely with historical figure or someone I used to know
-sometimes I walk on old wooden bridge
-I live in the city on the clouds and I sit and watch them and world downside as sunsets
-I have periods of catastrophic dreams when the city is being destroyed and although I try I cannot do anything
-dreams where I steal something
-dreams where are strange characters mutants, or having bizarre abilities -> most typical is where I go to the ball organised by one of them and there is combination of characters as you could take from circus. I feel interested, but also afraid of something. I feel different, despite of everyone being so particular and I am often ashamed of it.
-dreams when I am dating someone I know or non existent, but it's rarely physical- more of watching the stars and picnic on the seashore
-as child I used to have this white&black picture of the world and the white signified "good" and black "evil" the was this witch circulating around the planet and despite of that sometimes appeared some new white spots it was getting darker and darker I also had scary dreams about the spiders

What do you think about it [MENTION=31348]Peter Deadpan[/MENTION] if I can ask? As about instinctual variant (I used to type so/sx, but I am so perfectionist that I was reconsidering being actually sp/so)

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
-in maany dreams I remember I talk with fictional book/films characters , more rarely with historical figure or someone I used to know
-sometimes I walk on old wooden bridge
-I live in the city on the clouds and I sit and watch them and world downside as sunsets
-I have periods of catastrophic dreams when the city is being destroyed and although I try I cannot do anything
-dreams where I steal something
-dreams where are strange characters mutants, or having bizarre abilities -> most typical is where I go to the ball organised by one of them and there is combination of characters as you could take from circus. I feel interested, but also afraid of something. I feel different, despite of everyone being so particular and I am often ashamed of it.
-dreams when I am dating someone I know or non existent, but it's rarely physical- more of watching the stars and picnic on the seashore
-as child I used to have this white&black picture of the world and the white signified "good" and black "evil" the was this witch circulating around the planet and despite of that sometimes appeared some new white spots it was getting darker and darker I also had scary dreams about the spiders

What do you think about it [MENTION=31348]Peter Deadpan[/MENTION] if I can ask? As about instinctual variant (I used to type so/sx, but I am so perfectionist that I was reconsidering being actually sp/so)

Hmm, I'm not exactly sure. I think it helps to focus on the feelings in your dreams, like which ones are most visceral or upsetting, and then analyze what in the dream caused that.

I guess I'm seeing some Sp perhaps, but flavors of So or Sx too. Perhaps we can focus on the feelings bit and narrow it down?

Kas

Fabula rasa
Hmm, I'm not exactly sure. I think it helps to focus on the feelings in your dreams, like which ones are most visceral or upsetting, and then analyze what in the dream caused that.

I guess I'm seeing some Sp perhaps, but flavors of So or Sx too. Perhaps we can focus on the feelings bit and narrow it down?

If it's about positive feelings it's usually about being completely fascinated by something. When it comes about negative it's fear and shame- fear that world I know would be destroyed (or people I know) and shame of being awkward, not smart enough and what people would think. Put this way it strikes me so (?)

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
If it's about positive feelings it's usually about being completely fascinated by something. When it comes about negative it's fear and shame- fear that world I know would be destroyed (or people I know) and shame of being awkward, not smart enough and what people would think. Put this way it strikes me so (?)

Well, you don't sound particularly concerned about your own well-being in comparison to the others, so maybe not so Sp after all?

The Sx seems apparent in your desire to be entranced by something interesting, and if we are going to assume So, it does seem to be the "sore spot", so So/Sx isn't unreasonable.

This is not a scientific way to determine instincts, but it's interesting enough to analyze.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I dream in serial about being an overlord. All bow before me.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I rarely dream of anyone I know. In fact, my dreams are often devoid of people, except myself as the observer. They often entail my wandering through some building or other structure, sometimes extrapolated from real-life ones in non-physical ways.

The other night, though, I had a dream unusual in involving several people and a mini-"plot".

I believe my recent abundance of nightmares is directly related to the poor health of my intestines. Within the last year or so I’ve had far more nightmares than I normally have, all while my digestive issues have become decidedly worse. It will be interesting to see if they become less frequent after surgery.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have a lot of 'movie' dreams where I'm in fantasy and adventure scenarios. Often I'm not myself, but some other persona. They're not always 'movie' dreams. Once I dreamed I was a 15 year old African-American boy in an inner city housing development. Another time I dreamed I was a Luftwaffe fighter pilot during WWII. Sometimes I have dreams about familiar places, yet they are not necessarily places I've seen or been to in real life, perhaps idealized versions, but so transformed that they are unrecognizable and recognizable both at once.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have the most terribly boring dreams.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My dreams would usually have a bit of an element of horror to it

My hand starting to dissolve being washed by acid.
My teeth starting to fall out.
Cockroaches swarming me.
Dying repeatedly by a samurai of a lost time period
Being lost in an isolated building/church ending up on the most lonely of places.
Some man chasing me to death with a knife but just getting away.
Being sexually molested by women (not the good way either)

The rare dreams I have around sex are of a dark twisted abstract element, once in a while the sex dream was mildly pleasurable.

I have dreams where the government/church organizations are looking for me.
I have dreams just walking around cities being completely bored.
I have dreams of disappointed dates with girls ending up me being single.
I have dreams of my car being stolen or being destroyed by accident leaving me to do nothing.
Being locked in a random room then interrogated by police.

I don’t even care to watch much horror. Some dreams I’ll just wake up thinking i lost something when i didn’t.

A lot of my dreams will play out these in dull but intense and alternating.

Lark

This last while I've been able to experience deep sleep, which isnt a nightmare too, which has been interesting because it allows me to dream. Its a lot like what dreams may come if I'm honest, which I think was written when Matheson was on a kind of theosophist trip and believed a lot of stuff that Jung would have been into about the collective unconscious and sleep.

Besides that or crossed with that I'd say some one of the final fantasy games which features a huge, grandiose university of some kind.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't really have reoccurring themes in my dreams often, but they're typically related to problems that are plaguing me. If I really take the time to analyze them, I can sometimes figure out how to solve certain problems or discover thing I'm fixating on. Nonetheless, here's some trends I suppose:

- I've only ever had one dream that could even possibly qualify as a nightmare
- I dream in vivid color and occasionally have dream sensations or can read in my dreams
- Occasionally I'll have the "falling from a high place dreams" which typically result in me jolting awake
- Occasionally I'll dream of things like threadlike fungi, oatmeal (?), and most recently shells covering people's skin
- Typically my dreams involve animals and/or plants and are often nature oriented
- Often my dreams are "storylined." They're often fantastical and can be separated into two distinct parts, almost as if they were two separate dreams occuring in sequence one after the other
- During a period of growth for me, I repeatedly dreamt of watching and being unable to save drowning kittens and eventually small children
- Most recently I've had a reoccurring theme of performance in my dreams. One I was performing myself with king koupa on a singing talent show and in the other a trans woman was coming out while performing on American idol
- Despite the mention of Koupa, pop culture rarely permeates my dream
- People often die or are murdered in my dream (not by me, often by animals). I have died in my dreams, but this doesn't incite fear
-I've had a couple of cases of dream paralysis and dreams which seemed super real and left me feeling exhausted when I wake up. Pretty sure this is stress related.
- I've only once ever had a sex related dream (and it was about assault rather than a pleasant depiction of sex).