• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Coleslaw

Which style of coleslaw do you prefer?

• Total voters

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Which do you prefer?

I'm obviously bored but curious. Also feel free to share recipes

I never really liked coleslaw until I hit my 40’s. Have no clue why. I abhor vinegar. Especially salt and vinegar chips or crisps if you prefer.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I never really liked coleslaw until I hit my 40’s. Have no clue why. I abhor vinegar. Especially salt and vinegar chips or crisps if you prefer.

I love them. But I don't love the mostly vinegar cole slaw variety. Mayo, a little sugar, a little cider vinegar, a little dried mustard, celery seed. I don't use a recipe, just go by taste.

rav3n

Mayo coleslaw for me. The average vinegar coleslaw is my worst nightmare, the combination of bitter and sour.

No recipe beyond finely shaving (don't julienne, a mandolin will save a lot of time) very young cabbage, jicama and carrots (the small, tender variety with green tops still on). Squeeze out any excess moisture. Mix in some quality mayo (forget the light stuff, use full fat or makes some aioli), a squirt of lemon juice, sea salt, freshly ground pepper and honey. Mix and chill in the fridge so flavors meld. Lightly toast some unsalted sesame seeds and sprinkle over top just prior to serving.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I voted vinegar base by accident. I meant to vote BOTH.

I love them. But I don't love the mostly vinegar cole slaw variety. Mayo, a little sugar, a little cider vinegar, a little dried mustard, celery seed. I don't use a recipe, just go by taste.
Pretty much what I do too. Mayo only gets too fatty, you need something sharp that'll cut through it.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
coleslaw is deliciousness. when accompanying a fish with red gravy and peas and rice.. NOMNOMNOM
also with fried chicken and french fries. NOMNOMNOM

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm not really a fan of coleslaw in general. I don't hate it, but it's not something I typically eat. I just kind of see it as meh. So I put neither because I'm not really sure which I technically prefer. It's just not my thing.

Introspector

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I like coleslaw quite a bit, especially after a nice feast of crab. A perfectly light and delicious way to finish of what is usually a pretty heavy feast.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm actually not a huge fan, but since it usually comes with meals that are very heavy in meat, I end up eating it anyway to feel better about what I just ate, and convince myself that I'm not being totally unhealthy. I can't say I've ever even heard of vinegar-based coleslaw before. I'd probably like it a lot better.