• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sin's Gluten-Free Recipes

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have Celiac Disease. We hates the gluten, precious. It makes us sick and cranky and we wants it to leave us alone forever!

As promised, here is my collection of gluten-free recipes. As I make stuff and come up with ideas, I'll post the recipes here, hopefully with pictures.

So, it will soon be a new year. What better way to welcome 2013 than with...

Pink Champagne Cupcakes

pinkchampagne1_zpsbf27aee8.jpg

Woohoo! Lucky for you, this works for both gluten-free cake and vile, toxic, gluten-soaked poison cake.

Pink Champagne Cake Recipe
1 Box White/Vanilla Cake mix (I used Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Vanilla Cake Mix)
1/2 cup Champagne or Prosecco (Or, replace whatever water called for in your recipe with the champagne. The sweeter the champagne, the better.)
4 - 6 drops red food coloring. I used 6. Pink it up until it makes you happy.

Follow the mixing and baking directions on the box. For the Bob's Red Mill mix, I baked them for 15 minutes.

This mix will have the consistency of snot. Don't be scared, the snot-batter will be delicious. If you are using an electric mixer, be aware that the batter will probably creep up the beaters as you mix, so you will have to occasionally stop and scrape it down. Gluten-free mixes in general tend to do this because they're not as loose as the gluten-poisoned mixes.

Fill up dem cupcake papers!

pinkchampagne2_zps1577a95c.jpg

Bake dem cupcakes!

pinkchampagne3_zpsddd0bfc0.jpg

Yeah!

For an extra pop of boozy flavor and moisture, I allowed the cupcakes to cool, then lightly brushed them with the champagne. If you want to do several brushings, give it a minute between coats so the previous one has time to soak in.

Champagne Frosting
2 sticks butter, room temperature/soft
3 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup champagne or prosecco (the same one you used for the cupcakes)

Whip the butter until it's nice and smooth; if it's too firm and clumpy, your sugar won't mix in well. Add the sugar slowly, about 1/2 cup at a time. If you add all of it at once, you'll have a white explosion in your face and it will be hilarious. Add the liquid at the end.

pinkchampagne4_zps79853c1a.jpg

All that whipping may have brought your frosting so close to room temperature that it's just a little too warm to be workable. Toss the bowl of frosting in the fridge for a few minutes to chill it just a little bit. While you wait, take a moment to enjoy a lovely beverage!

pinkchampagne5_zps21a8b81a.jpg

All right, your frosting should now be firm enough to not melt in your hand, but still workable. If it's too firm to squeeze through your piping bag, allow it to sit at room temperature for a few minutes and then try again.

Don't know how to decorate your cupcakes? Don't want them to look all derpy? Check out this video on different ways to make your cupcake all pretty! I used the swirl method, threw on some clear sprinkles and topped it with some Dobla chocolate squares.

And finally...

EAT DAT CUPCAKE.

pinkchampagne6_zps5309b92c.jpg

Mmmm.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dear Sinmara,
Marry me.
Tiltyred

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But it is TABOO! *goat-faints*

Fainting-Goat-Syndrome.jpg

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
"Gluten-poisoned" ... love it!

I too am a GF girl ... can I share recipes in your thread? :)

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"Gluten-poisoned" ... love it!

I too am a GF girl ... can I share recipes in your thread? :)

You may, but they must have awesome pictures and amusing quips and must contain at least one picture of you drinking something random in the middle of cooking.