• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Should Women Lift Heavy Weights?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't care what girls do

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes. Yes. I'm all for it.

The health benefits are wonderful. I lift weights every week and it feels amazing. It's also the only routine that has helped me gain a few pounds (I'm naturally thin and rarely gain weight). And women don't really have to worry about getting "bulky"; we don't make enough testosterone for that. Strong is sexy;)

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yes. Yes. I'm all for it.

The health benefits are wonderful. I lift weights every week and it feels amazing. It's also the only routine that has helped me gain a few pounds (I'm naturally thin and rarely gain weight). And women don't really have to worry about getting "bulky"; we don't make enough testosterone for that. Strong is sexy;)

Do you have a zombie apocalypse plan? If a massive natural disaster struck and law & order broke down (think extended Katrina) how would you fare in a dog eat dog world of survival? Do you have any weapons training? i.e. military, law enforcement, cc permit, hunter upbringing or background? Thanks!

@OP. Weird question. Seems like a bait question to sniff out those people who think women should only be dainty or something. People can do whatever the hell they want imo, within reason.

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Are you eating often? Biggest rule with weight lifting is, if you lift heavy, you gotta eat more calories.

Hi, not just calories but protein calories. Otherwise your body canabalizes protein from other muscles to repair the muscles worked out.

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't understand. "Should" we? Is this like a "do you find this attractive" kind of question? I don't get it.

I don't lift heavy weights, but I might start now, just knowing there's probably at least one asshole who thinks I shouldn't.

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
No, because I dislike 5 pages worth of self-validation and everyone nodding going "yup yup, you sho' right girlfrand."

Seriously, though. I don't find it attractive, personally.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Heavy means you shoot for weight in the 5-7 rep range as opposed to 8-12 or 15-20. No matter what your gender lift for what you want. Heavy is relative to the person when it comes to weights. Heavh for me is light for someone else and vice versa.

I see no reason not to. I personally dont like the look of muscuar women. I know strong women who dont even look muscular. One was my old trainer. Tiny, tiny woman that was strong as hell. She just looked skinny.

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Heavy means you shoot for weight in the 5-7 rep range as opposed to 8-12 or 15-20. No matter what your gender lift for what you want. Heavy is relative to the person when it comes to weights. Heavh for me is light for someone else and vice versa.

I see no reason not to. I personally dont like the look of muscuar women. I know strong women who dont even look muscular. One was my old trainer. Tiny, tiny woman that was strong as hell. She just looked skinny.

Lol, now I'm a little torn. I don't lift right now because I'm going for a soft, feminine look; however, that will probably change in a couple of weeks. Such is the unspoken curse of Ne.

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Shush! No talking about common sense in here! This thread is about the triumphant victory of the feminine rights to masculine things! Not some weird roundabout way of getting attention from males who know how to have big muscles! Wait. Anywaysssss.... WOOOOOO! GO GIRL POWER!!!! /waves flag

She probably knows how to use her muscles better than most. Read somewhere recently about how training teaches you how to be more efficient with your muscles so your muscle mass can lift higher weight-to-muscle weight ratio or something.

Kasia93

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You can do some heavy weight training without looking like a body builder, if you don't over do it. It's going to come down to personal preference and what you want to achieve. I'm very much into fitness, but I understand not wanting to look like a female version of the Hulk either.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ne made me do it :D. Ne inferior that is, obviously.

Yeah, its cool, lol, I just like talking about random stuff with people sometimes. My Fe goes into overdrive sometimes and I just wanna connect with perfect strangers about trivial matters.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
not nearly enough testosterone in their bodies to hulk out like many fear.

and there is a noted link between physical strength and self-confidence. self-confidence and self-assertiveness.