User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    974 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Tried CBD oil for a little while... but my family is now under the impression that it's an addictive drug (when it wasn't).

Calming music helps a bit... and meditation (with Reiki, in my case). It's been a while since I've last done that, I should probably pick it up again...
    Just because somebody does not love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Confessions of a Kashmirican

Johari: https://kevan.org/johari?name=~MS*ANGEL~
    Nohari: https://kevan.org/nohari?name=~MS*ANGEL~

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    "And then, raising my lids slowly and looking out from underneath my lashes, i captured him with my eyes"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI None

"I too have battled a life long journey of dealing with various ailments. What I have suffered from, no man nor a woman can fully comprehend. I would not in my existence choose the alleyways of despair, etc., upon which life has swept on me. I myself shall go and consult the information on EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing). An individual would need 'Walk the Path' and have experience of it. I many times have stipulated we as human beings share our planet and thus irrevocably have an interconnection. This portion is representative of our external reality we live and experience in objective fashion.

I in use of an analogy compare this as a Nature component based on genetics and is best thought analogous to a Hard-Wiring of an individual's subconscious mind. The other dimension is that of our internal reality made of each individual's beliefs, thoughts, feelings as well perception. This is subjective by nature. It's my own view and perspective all our experiences in life have the primary origin in the early formative years of pivotal childhood. As I stated on numerous times their has been identified the 40 developmental assets that are crucial for a child to receive in their formative years. These developmental assets have been ascertained through science research of both qualitative and quantitative study.

If the child receives enough of these ingredients for success, odds are far more likely the person will live out throughout a course of their life a more balanced, healthy and as well happy life. Those lucky individuals who had a fortunate benefit of growing into a stable environment surrounded by love, safety, proper boundaries and guidelines. These precious young people did not have an ordeal of dealing with parents who have issues of their own which are then projected unto their kids. This is an aspect of the 'Nurture' we did or simply did not receive in childhood.

As I have upon multiple re-explanations stipulated our early developmental stages of life and with conjunction the life lessons we learn upon our journey during a course of a lifetime are analogous to a brain's 'Soft-Ware.' Research has with unequivocal study shown that the children growing in an adverse, dysfunctional home of abuse will show a lifetime of problematic features in home life, employ-ability, substance abuse, have more teenage pregnancies, problems in a viable relationship, mental health symptoms, etc. Fully two thirds will suffer for a lack of parenting skills they've received into a foreseeable future during their purgatory felt symptom's felt, experience'd and endured. This all in turn bring about a 66 percentile in dysfunction and life long problematic symptoms.

It is not easily understood by another who has not endured the purgatory feeling of despair for they live in another phenomenological inner-universe of life's experience. They simply can not comprehend nor had first hand knowledge of an individual that does suffer nor experienced the depth of it. It is akin to hell on earth. Due to a person's individualized paradigm of both Nature along Nurture, there isn't any one alike to a 100th percentile. So many wise saying, "Do not judge lest ye have walked a mile in my shoes." "Live and let live." "If you can't say something positive or framed with respectful feedback, then don't say anything at all." All of these wise sayings are so simple. It is in adversity that a person may test their true moral character. "What is it to preach one thing and being affiliated with those of only like view if you do not have the courage to treat others of dissimilar view with respect?"

That doesn't mean you have to agree or condone with another's viewpoint. Instead have restraint of your emotional state plus show manifested spiritual maturity. Labeling and name calling with pejoratives manifest a lack of reason and you do not walk the path you may proclaim you walk. Mental Health has so much stigma. The described characteristics I articulated lead me to try being a voice of critical reason, non-distorted thought, mindfulness, mental discipline, active listening skills in communication and empathy. All need to be taught at a much earlier level so it may chance become ingrained in us and be as a second nature."
    LightSun Paul Peaceweaver

MBTI
    IST_

Quote Originally Posted by lightsun View Post
    Do you suffer from any intense emotion such as depression, anxiety, stress, anger P.T.S.D., etc.
    I have issues with depression. Medication was recommended by my physician, but I declined. I also have some undiagnosed issues with OCD. Unwanted intrusive thoughts that I allow to lead me into cycles of obsessive behavior which eventually leads to some pretty significant depressive episodes. There is usually a trigger - something specific I can point to that got it started.

What are your symptoms?
    Depression - Frequent (at times daily) thoughts of suicide. Although I really don't believe I would, I periodically go through periods where I can't seem to get the idea of it out of my mind. In more extreme times I am not motivated to do much of anything, including get out of bed.
    OCD - This is not easy to describe but I'll give it a shot. I get fixated on something that depresses me (there's usually a religious element to it - sort of like scrupulosity) where I obsess about something and endlessly research it over and over and over always feeling like I didn't do enough.

What are your coping mechanisms?
    Actively work to avoid those things that I know can trigger and prolong the episodes. I usually try to log off and stay away from social media, facebook, forums, etc.
    Likes lightsun liked this post

MBTI
    Duno
    Enneagram
    Dun
    Socionics
    Duno None

Anxiety.

I started CBT last year in July i think and i made a Massive progress. I used to be afraid of people, the general stuff most ridiculous things one could think of. I now can comfortably look into peoples eyes & talk to them without breaking a sweat or blubbering. Being a cashier helped me massively & my boss is also very supportive. Starting therapy & landing that job happened at the same time I'm not happy with the job as i hate being cashier but it did help me tremendiously to incorporate my therapy sessions in my life in order to progress.
    Still i have to work on my High Standards, Perfectionism & Never feeling good enough.
    Long way to go.

Trying to incorporate Vipassana meditation too but i get freaking heart palpitations (my hypothesis is that since i'm not used being idle my body prevents me from doing by increasing my heart rate, lol)
    I usually think away, trying to figure out the solutions & cause of my anxiety + play video games + music & pron.
    How does anxiety modify Introversion & Extroversion?

I've been reading a book called "Cure" which explores the mind and its roll in illness and cure, I've got to say that its sort of troubling in that the mind has his huge, huge role in physical illness, thinking patterns reshaping the brain, even having an epigenetic effect so you can pass on as inheritance to posterity worsened states of vulnerability to stress and crisis (or inherit it in the first place), on the plus side social connectedness can result in increased longevity but the chapter on therapy, which focused on CBT and mindfulness based CBT was a little disappointing, like it seemed largely a placebo effect, likewise medications are hit and miss.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    487 sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I suffer from very high anxiety. My copying mechanism used to be alcohol. But alcohol may have damaged my left hearing. So I think I don't really have any copying mechanism anymore.

Yesterday I tried to date a super-gorgeous 350lb woman. Her beauty is almost godly, and dating her pretty much made me feel I killed myself.
    I often say "psychological impact" because it's a central concept to me.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

All I have to say about it is that I am tired of all these people saying "You just need to talk to someone about it."

That only works if someone CARES.. When everyone just brushes you off or tells you to "stop being negative" it only makes it worse.
    “ they’re on our left, they’re on our right, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us…they can’t get away this time”

"These voices scream at me "Let it go!"
    (never let go)
    This time I'm screaming back "No! No! No!"
    (Go on say no)
    My mind's made up, yeah my fear is gone
    Open my eyes now here I come: Oblivion."

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn Silverfrond View Post
    Really? Everyday you wake up refreshed with the idea that; in a sense you are a brand new person, totally? With fresh dreams, vigor and hope? Every day you die to yourself, and some new person goes sauntering away from your bed in the morning?

Am I understanding that correctly?

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
    Likes Eryn Silverfrond liked this post