• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's your favourite quality in other people?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ME ME ME ME ME ME
I would date Bill. He's awesome.

And passive? He has tons of pride completely separate from social norms.
But . . . why does she kiss him in the end? I was following the scene up until then, and would probably react much the same as this Bill character.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But . . . why does she kiss him in the end? I was following the scene up until then.
EXACTLY
She didn't believe what he said, and I think he meant it. I didn't care for that either. I think it was a misstep in the writing.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
EXACTLY
She didn't believe what he said, and I think he meant it. I didn't care for that either. I think it was a misstep in the writing.
I'm not familiar with the movie so can't evaluate it in context, but don't disagree. I can say I would have reacted as he did, and would have been far less charitable. She seems to think she is doing him a favor. To me, it would have been an imposition.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not familiar with the movie so can't evaluate it in context, but don't disagree. I can say I would have reacted as he did, and would have been far less charitable. She seems to think she is doing him a favor. To me, it would have been an imposition.
It's from the show "Freaks and Geeks" and the girl's character is Vicky, a really bossy, snotty cheerleader. There is no other interaction between them throughout the show. I like that the scene initially shows his dignity and personality. The majority of character development in the show is done quite well and captures teenage life.

Edit: I'll have to add that it does really bother me how deeply normative assumptions permeate. There is a normative assumption that deep down everyone wants to kiss the bossy cheerleader if given the chance and it isn't true. I feel that same way about the male equivalents. Just because someone fits society's norms for attractiveness and social success doesn't mean they are attractive to everyone - especially independent thinkers.

Hypatia

trying to be a very good ENTP
I just think it's extremely easy to just cast an aspersion on a cheerleader, and I don't appreciate it, from a personal standpoint.

I'm not putting limits on what you can and can't think, but I had a friend in junior high who was a cheerleader and she really wasn't a terrible person. Maybe I'm being sentimental, but it kind of gave me a knee-jerk reaction because I still feel like they're easy targets. Maybe I'm being too sentimental though, so if you still want to criticize this sentiment, feel free.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's from the show "Freaks and Geeks" and the girl's character is Vicky, a really bossy, snotty cheerleader. There is no other interaction between them throughout the show. I like that the scene initially shows his dignity and personality. The majority of character development in the show is done quite well and captures teenage life.

Edit: I'll have to add that it does really bother me how deeply normative assumptions permeate. There is a normative assumption that deep down everyone wants to kiss the bossy cheerleader if given the chance and it isn't true. I feel that same way about the male equivalents. Just because someone fits society's norms for attractiveness and social success doesn't mean they are attractive to everyone - especially independent thinkers.
I just now saw your edit. I agree about the assumptions. I would have absolutely no interest in the bossy cheerleader (note the emphasis on "bossy"), and in general find my standards for what I consider attractive to be outside the mainstream. I suppose movies like this one cater to the masses, so will follow the stereotypes in order to have broader appeal. It takes talent to show the universality in a relationship of outsiders, but then that is part of what makes a good movie or book "good".

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
surprising people. people that say and do things that i couldn't anticipate...but in a good, delightfully funny way.

creativity of thought, appreciation of beauty, depth of emotion, eloquence, awkwardness, adventurousness, easygoingness

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
graciousness, its so not common and similarly decorous, being kind when you don't have to, but knowing it will be impactful.