• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Opening Men Up Emotionally

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This being a type forum, we should address this in that context.

because.. as a male thinker, I'm not particularly aware of my emotional state (not immediately--there is a long delay time between action and resultant emotions in many cases) nor do I normally feel a need to be opened up emotionally.

That said, I wonder if male feelers who might feel more inclined to be emotionally opened up feel shortchanged by a society that doesn't (generally speaking) care to hear about their feelings?
[MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION] [MENTION=23583]21lux[/MENTION] [MENTION=8584]SpankyMcFly[/MENTION] [MENTION=25377]SearchingforPeace[/MENTION] and any other male feelers on the forum who I can't immediately remember..

I'm afraid I do not have anything to say that would be of worthwhile contribution.

Meh, what the hell maybe I do.

I usually don't hang out with men because of this pressure to be a man. Now I know there are definitely men going under the same thing as me, but it's really difficult to discern. Men have to be really brave to show their feelings, I've been actually covering my feelings more than showing it. I can imagine several like me are doing it as we speak, and it's too hard to find the guy who is like me, you know?

Or if I do find the person how am I supposed to open him up and have him trust me and when will I know?

Eh, but I hate to be the misunderstood boy to speak. Having my mbti type as INFJ makes me feel like I'm less credible to speak to and for others. :\

Anthropologically speaking, men like to be in groups and compete, that's their optimal fun. Women on the other hand like to be in pairs and communication one on one more than groups.

I definitely favor the women side. This doesn't help being with women, because most of the time they think this translates to a relationship/date. I don't know any men right now irl who actually enjoy speaking to me one on one.