123 Last

Mobile Typo-artist Sung Jin-Woo's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Default What do you feel when you are physically violent?

I am curious to know the "normal" range of emotions this act encites in others. Now I am not talking indiscriminate violence, but against someone you hate or they hurt you, or are a threat in some way. Do you feel angry during as well as before? Do you feel sad, and want to stop? Do you enjoy it?

“An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.”
    Charles Bukowski
    Likes ThisName liked this post

Oh dear. If it has managed to get to that point, I'd really have lost it, in terms of anger. Once I get back to my senses, I'd prefer to stop.
    Otherwise, I know martial arts, so it feels just like catching a book falling off a bookcase, emotionally speaking. Or trying to stop a child from smacking you, or something. Something is coming, and you stop it. I am not physically violent without cause.

If it comes to that, I'd probably see it as necessary, but ... I've barely gone there at all, unless you count things like grabbing someone by the wrist, usually to have them listen (usually enough to intimidate them into silence). The main point is to get them to listen, and most people can be talked to without resorting to that.

If they had harmed me first somehow, I'd probably feel indignant. I wouldn't know now really. That doesn't really happen, having people be physically violent against me, that is. The amount of people I hate are extremely few, but we don't meet nor talk. I would certainly feel angry if they tried getting physical with me, but they already know that it'd be a terrible idea to, to begin with.

There were times I was bullied in high school, but ... it's more funny than angering.
    S K Y K I N G
    It is said to have lived for hundreds of millions of years in the earth's ozone layer, above the clouds.
    Its existence had been completely unknown because it lived so high in the sky.
    Likes Sung Jin-Woo liked this post

Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    :(: None

It's hard for me, almost impossible it seems to become physically violent. But the two times I've been physically violent. Well, the first time I was 11, it was more like 'blind rage'. I didn't really feel sorry, since I felt that the person I hit deserved it. I was pretty mad though. And cried after it to gain more attention, to make them feel guilty. (To make things clear; the adult in this story hit me first -in the eye, with a towel, which might also explain the blindness-. I just hit them back. :'))

The second one was more out of fear/self-defense. Surprisingly, I actually didn't feel anything. It was more like a reflex and I hit him before I even knew it. He hit me back. Then I just slowly backed off and... very carefully, to try not to 'trigger' anything. Even after that I didn't really feel scared, or angry. Only the thought that I could still come across him on my way home (since he was walking in that direction) was something I was cautious of. But it felt surreal, as if you're on autopilot.
    The only thing I regret here is that I bitch slapped him. Though he was a perfect mirror since he just bitch slapped me back, could've ended worse. :')

When people become physically aggressive towards me I remove myself from the situation and I stay again, pretty calm. I am rather annoyed/disdained by their aggressive behavior. It's ridiculous to behave like that. (Though I understand, when people can't find the right words... A fist in the face might be more clear from time to time)
    Must say that the 'staying' calm is not something I do on purpose, it's just the way I am. And I prefer to keep it like that. (Though I sometimes imagine how it must feel to let that rage goooo... How it would feel to punch someone/something out of anger. Release them emotions. As far for the pushing things -a pillow par example-, I wish I could do that.)
    “I can’t explain what I mean. And even if I could, I’m not sure I’d feel like it.”

- J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye
    Likes Sung Jin-Woo liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    478 sp/sx

With all due respect,
    The Cat.

Clarity demands a certain degree of objectivity, from the world as well as the observer...

I’m the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition.
    I am Catstiel. I am an Angel of the Lord...

You know, trudging? To trudge?
    To trudge: the slow, weary... depressing, yet determined walk of a man who had nothing left ...except the impulse to simply soldier on...

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    478 sp/sx

No one wants it to come to that.
    With all due respect,
    The Cat.

Clarity demands a certain degree of objectivity, from the world as well as the observer...

I’m the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition.
    I am Catstiel. I am an Angel of the Lord...

You know, trudging? To trudge?
    To trudge: the slow, weary... depressing, yet determined walk of a man who had nothing left ...except the impulse to simply soldier on...

Not into physical violence but I do recall the attempted rape. He was over a foot taller and around 100 lbs heavier. Time moved in slow motion, everything crystal clear. Rage and fear. Fight and flight. I felt no pain, even though I was plenty roughed up. My knee came up at the optimum time without thought, he fell over and I ran. When safe, I shook like a leaf, teeth chattering uncontrollably. Adrenaline is insane.

Mobile Typo-artist Sung Jin-Woo's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by rav3n View Post
    Not into physical violence but I do recall the attempted rape. He was over a foot taller and around 100 lbs heavier. Time moved in slow motion, everything crystal clear. Rage and fear. Fight and flight. I felt no pain, even though I was plenty roughed up. My knee came up at the optimum time without thought, he fell over and I ran. When safe, I shook like a leaf, teeth chattering uncontrollably. Adrenaline is insane.
    Yeah it is, and it can turn off your muscle limiters and you end up hurting yourself just as much as another person.
    “An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.”
    Charles Bukowski

Quote Originally Posted by Sung Jin-Woo View Post
    Yeah it is, and it can turn off your muscle limiters and you end up hurting yourself just as much as another person.
    Didn't hurt myself. He smacked me around.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I'm not.

Sometimes when I'm angry, I think of nasty things I could say, but I don't. I think, when I'm angry, I can even appear completely calm most of the time unless I'm surprised by some unexpected irritation, or am just plain exhausted (which could include me being worn down by successive, consecutive irritations without time to regroup and breath).
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Wouldn’t know.

I have this amazing new thing called ‘ self-control’.
    " Do something, even if it's wrong."

" I don't wanna have to but I will, if that's what I'm supposed to do
    We don't wanna set up for the kill, but that's what I'm 'bout to do."