• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Maybe I'm an extroverted with social anxiety after all ?

LaFeeMoineau

Hi there ! :) (Hope I put this thread in the good part of the forum)

So yeah, since I'm into MBTI (the first typology that
I knew) I've always see myself as introverted (spending my time mostly with my family and my boyfriend, seeing just few friends time to time, being introspective, being shy, quiet in front of strangers, loving to spend my time chilling at home...), so I typed myself as INFP (my Fi and my Ne are sooo obvious ! (x
But I became interested in socionics recently, and I have done VI videos, and some people said they find me outgoing, not so introverted.
And I begin to wonder if I couldn't be an extroverted who ignores it, an extroverted with social anxiety, so who acts and appears as an introverted, and who think wrongly to be an introverted.
As a little girl until high school I was bullied, and it has affected me, so I was and I'm still quite insecure, not sure of myself, always fearing people jugments, always fearing to be seem as stupid, always fearing to not know what to say and so on, able to be outgoing in front of people I trust but quiet in front of people with who I'm not at ease. So being like an introverted is kind of a comfort.
But deeply think of that social interaction don't drain me that much. I know introverted who clearly need their time alone more than me and who are less social. And my mum who is extroverted doesn't seem to need to be with people a lot more than me.
Generally I don't say to people " No I don't want to hang out, I need to be alone." I love my time alone, but I hate loneliness. I'm mostly always happy when some friends ask me to do something with them.
Deeply I would like to have many friends ! In high school I dreamed to be invited in parties. When I was younger at an age where everybody hang out with friends the week end I was often sad to spend my Saturday night alone.
When I'm in a social gathering I'm quiet, shy, staying with people I know, but happy, generally I don't feel the need to leave before, and I don't really feel drained after.
When I arrive in a new environement I act like an introverted, because I don't know people, and as I said I fear how they can see me if I show my true self, but when I feel at ease with benevolent and nice people I'm more outgoing, being part of the social life.
I kind of like having attention towards me. I love being on stage (being in a no work theatre company.)

What do you think ? Is there some of you who relate ? Thanks in advance ^^ See you !

LaFeeMoineau

[MENTION=4347]Virtual ghost[/MENTION] I'm 947 so/sx (instinctual variants not totally sure, but very possible), base 9 with well balanced wings :)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
[MENTION=4347]Virtual ghost[/MENTION] I'm 947 so/sx (instinctual variants not totally sure, but very possible), base 9 with well balanced wings :)

Well, you could be like me. Ambiverted person that is slightly cognitively extroverted.
Therefore E/I depends on circumstances and people around you.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Also, have you looked at how strong your Si and Te are? ENFPs are often ambiverts because you can use your Ne by just reading a book.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
you can be an introvert and like to socialize and like people. I know I do, it's just it tends to drain me and after a bit I need time to recharge, but I'm not hissss at people. THough I suspect i'm more of an ambivert.