• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] INFJs: what's your enneagram type?

What is your Enneagram type?

• Total voters

redacted

i don't really relate to most of the INFJs here. i feel like just using Ni and Fe doesn't necessarily put us all in the same personality category; this is probably due to different coping mechanisms, blah blah.

i've seen many generalizations about INFJs that everyone seems to agree upon that haven't applied to me at all. maybe this is more of an enneagram thing?

i'm an enneatype 1 sx/sp. i have strong wings in both directions (i grew up with a 9 wing, but a trauma at about age 18 brought out a 2 wing as well.)

what are your enneagram types?

Atomic Fiend

Four and/or Nine. I've a taken the test a few times and I'm not sure but several of the descriptions fit me, particularly Four and Nine.

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
If everyone seems to agree on them as an INFJ trait then I would consider exploring your type further. Not all traits are in all people of the same type, but when the list adds up then this should stir up some concern. While we can't take anything one person says as factual, when multiple people agree on its truth it is usually appropriate to explore it further. One of the claims the MBTI makes is that people of the same type have more in common than what meets the eye. If you have little in common with INFJs you should point out what exactly makes you think you are an INFJ and why. (I'm not asking you to post this for me to see; this should be a personal exploration.) Sometimes it's easier to identify yourself by looking at the negative sides of a type.

Now to be on topic I'm a 4w5. I've heard of a lot of INFJs that are 4w5 (though most certainly not all of them!).

I like the element of mysticism the Enneagram has. When I read "What's My Type?", I immediately knew I was a 4 when reading the 10 bullets at the beginning of the section. It then went on to describe my personality development as a journey and identified hardships in myself that I am bound to encounter... and I have. Too bad this kind of personality typology isn't acceptable to our "modern" age since it lacks proof of its effectiveness.

For those who aren't clear about their type, Identifying Your Personality Type : The Wisdom of the Enneagram was helpful to me way back when I was first trying to identify my type. I normally identified myself as a 1w9, but I see why I am not now. Scroll to the very bottom and take the 2-question test without cheating. I would read the questions slowly so you don't jump to inaccurate conclusions. :)

OctaviaCaesar

MBTI Type
INFJ
I took an enneagram test and came out as a four with balanced wings. It has been so hard for me to face the less-than-flattering aspects of Fourishness and claim them as my own. I have bought "The Wisdom of the Enneagram" to aid me in my spiritual life and personal growth.

redacted

well, i know for sure i'm an INFJ. i'm the most 'T' F i know, though. the rational description fits me much better than the idealist one.

but i definitely have Ni, Fe, Ti. my Ti is very powerful, though -- enough to separate me from most INFJs. although it's in the tertiary position, it's more developed and strong than Fe for me.

anyway, what i'm trying to get at is that your first two cognitive functions don't necessarily reveal that much about motivation -- that's much more of an enneagram thing.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
I'm not exactly sure what my enneagram type is... I bounce all over the place.

4w5 might be the closest...
although I also am high on 2 and 6. :unsure:

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
Well, as wedekit said, I'm a 4w5 as well...I used to wonder if I were a 9 or a 5as well until I bought the book he mentions. I enjoyed it. Try it out if you haven't.

I relate to some INFJs here and some I don't...and some I think are mistyped anyway. That goes for other Types as well but Eh. I typed as an INTJ a few times. Haaa :D

I know there's an Ni-Fe tug-o-war. After the first two CPs, it varies a bit, yea. You develop what you need to or want to. I was fairly high Se as a kid, likely due to daycare (very outdoorsey). A sports junkie (but never cared to watch, just play--), team player. Even while solo-ing on my free time outside, I'd be alone, daydreaming a lot or creating some magical atmosphere...

I'm certain you're an INFJ. As for your Enneagram, hmmm. I wouldn't say you grew up with a 9 wing and then it changed. Try out the book! And let us know! :D

redacted

I wouldn't say you grew up with a 9 wing and then it changed. Try out the book! And let us know! :D

i've read in a bunch of places (don't ask me where, i won't remember) that your wings can change over time. i was certainly a 1w9 until age 17 or so, but i developed a strong 2 wing in the last 5 years. i could explain why, and you'd probably see what i mean, but i don't want bore y'all.

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
^ ha. I feel like that lately too (eh, from your Custom Title: bored, meh). Don't even want to bother. I'm surprised I wrote as much as I did, even for fun.

No worries, if I feel inspired, I'll likely find it online or figure it out through some crazy Ni-linked-chain 3 months from now.

I should've added. I thought I was 1 as well-- but I tossed it aside after it seemed to rigid and rule-following for me.

Atomic Fiend

i've read in a bunch of places (don't ask me where, i won't remember) that your wings can change over time. i was certainly a 1w9 until age 17 or so, but i developed a strong 2 wing in the last 5 years. i could explain why, and you'd probably see what i mean, but i don't want bore y'all.
You wouldn't bore us, a forum full of counselors being bored of hearing someones problem sounds unlikely. In fact we may learn something important from it and learn to apply the lesson to this or other situations.

Of course if you don't want to tell us that's your decision and right, and we'll respect that, or I will anyways. I don't know about the woman formally known as the emotional cannibal. :ninja:

redacted

You wouldn't bore us, a forum full of counselors being bored of hearing someones problem sounds unlikely. In fact we may learn something important from it and learn to apply the lesson to this or other situations.

Of course if you don't want to tell us that's your decision and right, and we'll respect that, or I will anyways. I don't know about the woman formally known as the emotional cannibal. :ninja:

okay.

i was a 1w9 as a kid. the 9 was all about dissociating because my mom (ESTJ, 6w5) was so unreasonable and verbally abusive, and my dad was just checked the fuck out (he never stepped in to defend me, even though he always agreed with my side of arguments). my dad's an INTP 5, btw.

i never felt confident about any of my opinions or ideas because i had no faith that anyone else would be accepting of them (the most important person in my life rejected all my ideas; i learned that my ideas didn't matter -- in fact, they would just anger her and make her more likely to blow up at me). i lived my life being scared to speak my mind, because there were negative consequences so often (operant conditioning).

this is also why i lived in my introverted functions and developed my Ti so much. Fe would fail me all day long. intellectualizing was a safe coping strategy for me -- i spent all my time Ni/Ti-ing.

anyways, when i was 16, this ENFJ girl from the grade above me noticed me and saw my potential. she was a 1w2. she was my opposite in the sense of being assertive and confident. she basically made a relationship happen. this was the beginning of my change.

basically, she trusted her gut -- she'd talk about people's motivations with absolute confidence that she was right. and i saw that she was...every time. any argument we got in, she would win -- she'd tell me exactly why i did what i did and she'd be right. (it wasn't exactly a healthy relationship).

i also saw the way she interacted with her parents. they treated her like an actual person. they listened to her opinions and put as much weight on them as they would anyone else. this is when i started to realize how much damage my childhood had done, and what my potential was.

i gradually became less frightened all the time; became trusting of my gut a bit more. i won my first argument against my mom by being assertive, and never lost again...ever.

anyways, i was on my way. then the girl died out of nowhere. i spend about 4 months completely withdrawn, then started coming back into reality with the outlook of someone much older and more mature (caterpillar/butterfly metaphor). in the course of the next year or two, i became much more of a 2. she had "saved" me; completely changed my life and made me realize my potential. (she took that role with everyone, since she saw everyone's potential).

since she was dead, i subconsciously took on her role -- i finally trusted my gut and my opinions. i saw people's potential. i saw their motivations. and i started trying to change them -- i didn't even notice what i was doing for a while, but i finally realized i was acting out her desires through myself as a way to keep her "alive". it became sort of an addiction -- i found a bunch of flawed friends and played the therapist role. then i met a girl who had an amazing amount of potential, and started a relationship with her. i played the opposite role in this relationship -- i showed her what she could be, etc.

so yeah, "helping" people has become a huge part of who i am. aka. i developed a strong 2 wing.

phew.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
I've tested 6w5, 5w6, and 4w5.

I think 6w5 usually describes me best.
Six With a 5 Wing
Sixes with a 5 wing are generally introverted and somewhat intellectual. When healthy, they often have many realms of interest as well as surprising competencies and skills. May have an original and idiosyncratic point of view. Can be bookish; some are interested in history or feel rooted in the past or related to a long tradition. Also good at predicting the future. May test potential friends for a long time but once you're in, you're in - a friend for life. When more entranced, they may project a willed remoteness. Have a "tip of the iceberg" quality - they show little but you sense hidden dimensions, intensity and activity. Tension between needing to be seen and withdrawing for protection. Might act arrogant or cryptic or cynical when afraid. When phobic, can be diplomatic and say things without saying them. Entranced counterphobics are either cool and loners or argumentative, tending towards violence. Can brood over injustices to them, entertain conspiracy theories, spend time alone building cases. Paranoia in private. May like secretive behind-the-scenes group activity. Sneaky vengeance, passive/aggressive toward others, self-attacking and self-destructive at home.

That corresponds with ISFJ and ISTJ. Hey! Maybe I'm a sensor! ;)

Atomic Fiend

Having someone like that in your life, even for a short amount of time...

wow.

Thank you for that dissonance.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Mine's 4w5, SO/SP

I have strong elements of 5, 6, and 1 in my make-up as well, though. At first I thought I was a 5, but it turns out that was just my wing, and that my SO/SP nature exacerbated it's influence.