• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Interesting...

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
After reading two Enneagram type descriptions, it appears to me that 7w8 and 8w7 have alot in common...

FROM AllPersonality.com
-----------------------------
Seven with an Eight-Wing

“The Realist”

The traits of a Seven combining with the Eight produce one of the more aggressive personality types. No one frustrates people of this sub-type without hearing about it. They are extremely industrious, goal-oriented, pragmatic and ambitious. They use their drive and high energy to maintain an active lifestyle, and are less worried about having others along for the ride. Their ego can be considerable, but the Eight wing gives them more focus on tasks than the easily distracted Seven with a Six-wing.

Healthy people of this sub-type are exuberant and enthusiastic, since they are fundamentaly Sevens. They are people who truly enjoy the world and the good things in life. The Seven’s avid intelligence combined with the Eight’s daring and drive often results in material success. The Eight-wing adds self-confidence and willpower to help them overcome obstacles and endure hardship. They can be great leaders known for their quick minds. They are noticably adult, earthy, businesslike, and tenacious. Sevens with an Eight-wing know that they can get what they want out of life.

---------------------------
Eight with a Seven-Wing

“The Maverick”

The traits of the Eight and those of the Seven reinforce each other to produce a very aggressive subtype. Eights with a Seven-wing are the most openly assertive of all the subtypes because each of the component types is aggressive–Eights in their quest for power and autonomy and Sevens in their acquisition of experiences and possessions. They are generally more blunt, realistic, and extroverted than Eights with a Nine-wing, and somewhat more consistent in their self-presentation. They tend to be the same at work as they are at home, and tend to treat all people in their lives similarly. There is a “cut to the chase,” no-nonsense quality about Eights with a Seven-wing, and they do not hesitate to express what they really think or feel. They are definitely people of action, and are strongly compelled to interact intensely with the environment and with others.

Healthy people of this subtype will be highly extroverted, action-oriented, and extremely energetic, combining the Seven’s quick mind with the Eight’s vision for practical possibilities. They take the initiative almost all of the time in business and personal relationships. They are attracted to entrepreneurial endeavors, creating businesses and projects. They are perhaps the most independent subtype and generally don’t like working for others unless doing so will eventually lead them to more independence.

The healthy Eight’s charisma combines with the healthy Seven’s capacity to enjoy life, producing an extraordinarily outgoing personality, often attracting many people and involving them in their hopes and plans. They create opportunities for others and enjoy challenging people to make something of themselves. There is a joyful enthusiasm for living life and sharing their experiences. Their inner strength will have a practical focus in the concern they show for the material well-being of others.

-----------

Thoughts?

:thinking:

I'm a 7w8 by the way...

-Halla

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah they are pretty similar, even on paper!

Some things to note-

3, 7, and 8 are the aggressive types. These types make the desires of the ID known and try to get them for themselves. So with 8 and 7 both being aggressive types, either type-wing combination will seem to be pretty similar.

The differences are in the triad that 7's and 8's are in. 7's are thinking triad types, and 8's are instinctive triad types.

Another thing to note is the type's basic fears and desires. 8's have a fear of being controlled, so they control everything to not get betrayed. 7's have a fear of not having freedom, so they run away from their problems when the going gets rough.

But still, they can be very similar.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah they are pretty similar, even on paper!

I'd like to compare a few in person, for RLZ!

Some things to note-

3, 7, and 8 are the aggressive types. These types make the desires of the ID known and try to get them for themselves. So with 8 and 7 both being aggressive types, either type-wing combination will seem to be pretty similar.

Cool! That's interesting to me, as I was unaware of it. Honestly, I am kind of an aggressive bastard. ESTJ military Dad reinforced his genetics in making me a go getter, SRSLY.

The differences are in the triad that 7's and 8's are in. 7's are thinking triad types, and 8's are instinctive triad types.

OK, I'm a strong "T" in MBTI, any correlation to the Enneagram definition of thinking types?"

Is there a quick definition for an "instinctive" type?

Another thing to note is the type's basic fears and desires. 8's have a fear of being controlled, so they control everything to not get betrayed. 7's have a fear of not having freedom, so they run away from their problems when the going gets rough.

But still, they can be very similar.

This is classic. This nails me as a 7w8, I am all about my freedom. That's an ESTP/ISTP thing too I believe. We (7's) "run away" from our problems via many means, ala procrastination, beer, thrill seeking, staying really fucking busy, denial, etc.

I have no fear of being controlled. I assumed control over myself at a very early age, and when betrayed in the past, I have chalked it up to whatever contributed to it in addition to my own part in the matter, dropped the baggage, and moved on. I have no fear of being controlled. No one can control me, and if they end up being subversive and manipulating me, I figure it out real quick, and then they have hell to pay. I do not like head games. I'd rather work hard, play hard, and live well. :happy:

Thank you for your response!!! :rock:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd like to compare a few in person, for RLZ!

Well actually I have some sources for youtube videos of each enneagram type and variant stacking. Here is 7w8 and 8w7, both sx/so-

Male examples-

7w8- Iggy Pop

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxcgPPdYwo"]...[/YOUTUBE]

8w7- GG Allin

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-hR9G1ZO6Q"]...[/YOUTUBE]

Female examples-

7w8- Elayne Boosler

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMryx4c0Kdg"]...[/YOUTUBE]

8w7- Nancy Grace

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjPTaV2zIXk"]...[/YOUTUBE]

As you can see, the 7's are much more light hearted and the 8's give off a more badass feel to them.

OK, I'm a strong "T" in MBTI, any correlation to the Enneagram definition of thinking types?"

Is there a quick definition for an "instinctive" type?

Well thinking, feeling, and instinctive don't really correlate much with the MBTI definitions. It's a bit different. Here's a link for what all of the triads are- http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/enneagram/25141-triad-definitions.html

Thank you for your response!!! :rock:
No prob!

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wow, Iggy Pop is a trip! :rock:

Yep, I'm 7w8 sx/so, no more questions on that topic. :newwink:

The deal is sealed. Thank you, BlackCat! :cool:

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I was surprised at how similar the types are, too. But I'm mos def a 7w8.

Thanks for all the info, BC.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
based on those videos i'd say my 8w7 friend was 7w8 tho...hmm...not all 8's are that abrasive are they?

oh and black cat you got a 7w6 girl video?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
based on those videos i'd say my 8w7 friend was 7w8 tho...hmm...not all 8's are that abrasive are they?

oh and black cat you got a 7w6 girl video?

I'll give you some names of 7w6 sx/so females, I'm not at a place where I can really use youtube at the moment-

Drew Barrymore
Elizabeth Taylor
Megan Fox
Nicole Bobek
Cyndi Lauper

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll give you some names of 7w6 sx/so females, I'm not at a place where I can really use youtube at the moment-

Drew Barrymore
Elizabeth Taylor
Megan Fox
Nicole Bobek
Cyndi Lauper
awesome thanks...i relate a lot to drew barrymore...some might say she's esfp but i think they're just not really paying attention. :)