• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Music Video Comparisons

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Post two videos that have something in common that you enjoy, and explain. I'll start with these two:

Both of these videos seem to touch on the human experience from a cosmic perspective- the first one about the relationship between parent and child, and the second one about the relationship between man and woman. In the first video the woman gives her child the tools he will need to survive the storm of life, and while he uses those tools to gird himself against it, she is ultimately taken by it. In the second video, the two lovers meet for a brief cosmic moment of connection and togetherness, before the storm of life ultimately takes them both.

Both bands are targeting the music industry through music videos. The first is The Replacements against their record label forcing the band to make music videos. They protested by making a simple music video that shows only a stereo playing their record. Then towards the end of the song, a man comes out and kicks the stereo, knocking it over. The second is Tool's beef against censorship that features the band members naked with a Parental Advisory sign displayed on their privates and an "X" taped over their mouths. At the end, they all start foaming at the mouth.

á´…eparted

passages
Two songs I absolutely love, and identify with, they are sonically very different, and asthetically very different, but there is a common undercurrent: emotional intensity, controlled, dark but not evil. They generate very related emotional landscapes and asthetics, despite how they physically appear/sound. In a way, the first video represents understanding how the world is in all its immutable components, and accepting it for what it is, as it can not be changed. The second video is the application of that knowledge. Using it to advance, progress, and thrive.

The U.S. version of Oasis' "Live Forever" music video is set in a room very similar to the one featured in a music sequence of the 1970 cult film, Performance. The sequence isn't a music video, but it plays as one and it's something I've never noticed until years later after I viewed Oasis' music video again. Liam Gallagher is shown sitting in a desk similar to the one Mick Jagger does in the scene and tosses the lamp in the same exact manner as well. You can also see similar flashes from the lamp swinging in both.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP

Pretty sure this is the same woman in both videos, separated by years. I think the young girl kissing on the boy in the back seat is also the same girl, based on the fact that they all have the same arm tattoo. I think in at least two separate moments in her life she could have taken a different road, and in the old-woman video, the younger versions of herself in the back seat are just her thinking about those 'what-could-have-been's,