• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Best of MST3K

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A thread for MSTies to talk about their favorite episodes.

At this moment I am watching the Magic Voyage of Sinbad from season 5. IMO, one of the best of the Joel era. Solid riffing throughout.

"Now, I always thought that Sinbad wore big genie pants and a vest with no shirt" (Crow, pointing out the obvious that the film looks like a vaguely slavic or german/nordic adventure film and nothing like usual film depictions of the arabian hero)

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^^^ I love the guys' reactions to the creepy bird-woman in the cave.

I watched a really awful one not too long ago. "Merlin's Magical Shop of Mystical Wonders". I... don't even know how to describe it. It was like a horror movie disguised as a kid's film, in which an especially corpulent Ernest Borgnine tells his grandson two stories during a power outage, which are sure to traumatize him for life.

I think Crow sums it up nicely: "And so, Billy, the little boy who looks just like you, went through terrible, irredeemable grief!"

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^^^ I love the guys' reactions to the creepy bird-woman in the cave.

I watched a really awful one not too long ago. "Merlin's Magical Shop of Mystical Wonders". I... don't even know how to describe it. It was like a horror movie disguised as a kid's film, in which an especially corpulent Ernest Borgnine tells his grandson two stories during a power outage, which are sure to traumatize him for life.

I think Crow sums it up nicely: "And so, Billy, the little boy who looks just like you, went through terrible, irredeemable grief!"

I love it when they make up their own Borgnine narrations in that episode.

"And then the guy with the receding hair drove a blue car, carefully signalling a turn..."

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love it when they make up their own Borgnine narrations in that episode.

"And then the guy with the receding hair drove a blue car, carefully signalling a turn..."
Or when the power goes out: "Guess we'll have to eat all the ice cream!"

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Today's experiment is Rocket Attack USA (season 2, episode 5) preceded by the short "The Phantom Creeps: Episode 2"

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Pretty hard to pick a favorite moment from this episode. Good riffing throughout. Good host skits. The movie is even entertaining in its own pathetic way.

The Jack Palance riffs always amuse me.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Pretty hard to pick a favorite moment from this episode. Good riffing throughout. Good host skits. The movie is even entertaining in its own pathetic way.

The Jack Palance riffs always amuse me.

Yes, it's enjoyable in it's ineptitude. I forget the name of the main character, though. I don't think they ever mentioned it.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Today I would like to watch a good Joel episode. I like Joel but I admit most of my favorites are from the Mike era. Anyone have any suggestions? My favorite Joel episodes have been Warrior of the Lost World, Mitchell, Pod People and all of the Gameras. I'll break from popular opinion and say Manos was never one of my favorites. Entertaining, yes, but hardly the best episode.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Today I would like to watch a good Joel episode. I like Joel but I admit most of my favorites are from the Mike era. Anyone have any suggestions? My favorite Joel episodes have been Warrior of the Lost World, Mitchell, Pod People and all of the Gameras. I'll break from popular opinion and say Manos was never one of my favorites. Entertaining, yes, but hardly the best episode.

POD PEOPLE.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
POD PEOPLE.

I must have edited the post and added that after you quoted me. That one is hilarious, but I've seen it a lot. I've never finished Master Ninja I ("Master Ninja 'EYE'?"), so I might give that one a go today at work.

edit: nevermind, I see you mentioned it regardless. ;)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I loved the idea of this show when it came out years and years back, and I enjoy it when watching ... but I have trouble committing to watching hours of old shitty movies in general even if I love the overdubs. I actually have only seen a handful of episodes, and that was years ago.

I watched about 30 minutes of the Sinbad movie in the OP the other day, laughed my ass off at the commentary, then promptly moved on to do other things. I think if I had a viewing partner -- I was actually doing it with someone else / friends -- then I'd end up watching a lot more.