• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mr. Robot

Raffaella

bon vivant
I loved that, when

LOL, yes! The moment reminds of Qwerty's "MOVE ME TO THE GODDAMN WINDOW!" and in the next episode, the fishbowl placed next to the window. :laugh:

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yeah they were just setting things up for season two.

it's a bit shitty though. they left it like that.

i can see future plot twists going to be revealed by perhaps we needed a bit more than this for the season end.

tyrell and her beautiful-unempathetic wife, what are they upto? so strange. that's what i am most curious about right now.

edit - i love it though, the show and the future the show could have but a bunch of rich guys dining and laughing while the world burns seems extremely cliche. that's not the end i wanted to see.

Duffy

This is one of those shows I'll watch again to get a clearer picture.

Last episode thoughts:

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Can't believe I'm only getting int this show just now. On episode 4 of season 1.

15 minutes into episode 1, I immediately concluded that Elliot is INTP, with the INFP type 4 at times.
Angela, I get the ESxJ vibe
Shayla, perhaps ISFP
Tyrell, ENTJ

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I really enjoyed season 1. I really should rewatch it, though...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just caught up and finished episode 7 (out of 12). Episode 8 airs tomorrow night.

I'm pretty impressed, I think the show has been more focused than even first season and is actually moving ahead --- I wasn't sure how. I love the musical choices, I love the opener choices (the show is not timid, it's willing to take chances), and I liked the development between Elliot and Mr. Robot in terms of their relationship to each other. Nice work there.

There's still a lot of "aftermath" stuff going on from the downfall of Evil Corporation (which still exists). This season seems even darker than the firs,t to be honest... just some pretty crazy stuff Elliot is wrestling with. We don't really find out what happened to Tyrell until mid-season (if in fact it's true), and Elliot remains an unreliable narrator which is great.... which at least at one point leaves a really big WTF!? moment. I won't spoil when it is though.

There's also a great level of consciousness shift into a completely unexpected genre flip, with a totally unexpected guest star.

One thing I love about good TV series is that I can't necessarily predict where it is going, although in hindsight it all transitions perfectly and makes sense. Mr. Robot is anything but predictable, even if afterwards it makes sense.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We're down to the Season 2 finale at this point, and again with Elliot the Unreliable Narrator in charge it's really difficult to know what exactly is real and what is not. He's also aware of this himself but is having trouble piecing it together. I wasn't really fond of the Dom plotline either (she's kind of annoying -- although I think that's supposed to be her character, she annoys her colleagues too), but it's improving, and the conversation between her and her smartphone was kind of sad on some level.

I really like seeing all the threads, yet still being unsure of where things are going to go; some shows are predictable, but this one is not.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
We're down to the Season 2 finale at this point, and again with Elliot the Unreliable Narrator in charge it's really difficult to know what exactly is real and what is not. He's also aware of this himself but is having trouble piecing it together. I wasn't really fond of the Dom plotline either (she's kind of annoying -- although I think that's supposed to be her character, she annoys her colleagues too), but it's improving, and the conversation between her and her smartphone was kind of sad on some level.

I really like seeing all the threads, yet still being unsure of where things are going to go; some shows are predictable, but this one is not.
Couldn't agree more! I love that I have no idea what's about to happen. Also not a fan of Dom, but I'm such a huge fan of White Rose that it almost balances out.

How the hell does this show do foreign policy better than House of Cards??

Anyway. Not at all happy that we STILL don't know what happened during the "lost time" at the end of season 1. Hopefully we'll learn that during the finale.

Also, let the record show that I almost saw the twist coming...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Couldn't agree more! I love that I have no idea what's about to happen. Also not a fan of Dom, but I'm such a huge fan of White Rose that it almost balances out.

Yeah, I enjoy the White Rose (BD Wong) sequences a lot.

Hmmm. I didn't realize he played this role to essentially kick his career up a notch many years back:

Bradley Darryl Wong (born October 24, 1960) is an American actor. He won a Tony Award for his performance as Song Liling in M. Butterfly, becoming the only actor in Broadway history to receive the Tony Award, Drama Desk Award, Outer Critics Circle Award, Clarence Derwent Award, and Theatre World Award for the same role.

In any case, apparently he has had some affinity for this kind of role.

----

How the hell does this show do foreign policy better than House of Cards??

Mr. Robot seems more like thriller/intrigue with a focus on the computer end of things, while HoC seems more like an intense political soap at times and has to focus completely on the politics while creating huge drama touchpoints. I think Mr. Robot feels more detached too.

Also, let the record show that I almost saw the twist coming...

Heh. I was like, "okay wtf just happened... are you kidding me?" But then a lot of stuff fell more into place.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just saw the finale.
Pretty decent. :) And of course, it's still a mind-screw.

I liked the pair-off between Darlene and Dom. I like Dom in terms of a character, she plays a unique role; but as a person I find myself really disliking her even when I can empathize. (Everything Darlene said was spot on -- and that's why.)

So then in comparison, take a look at Joanna, who is obviously a manipulator -- like, blatant, cutthroat, and relying partly on her sex appeal. She has no love in her heart and is entirely self-centered, whereas Dom still is holding some kind of moral aspirations high in her consciousness. So why do I hate Dom more than Joanna?

I think it's because Joanna KNOWS what she is and what she's doing, and is consciously choosing it, so at least on that level she's entirely honest and obvious about what she wants and what she's doing; Dom is the manipulator who seems to lie to herself at some level. At core she knows what she is, but she's lonely (because she hasn't embraced it), and she feels needy, and she has fooled herself into thinking that what she does, she is at least doing "for the right side of things" so that somehow makes her better. Whereas the reality more seems to be that she is not happy, she's isolated, and she has nothing else. (Which she comes out and says at one point, but it still doesn't feel like she's completely just "owning" it.)

Anyway, wow. Exciting ending. Completely unexpected closing tune. Aaaaandddd.....

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Watched it, loved it, absolutely loved Remi Malek's acting but again would have loved a bit of clarity at a season's end rather than leaving it on a cliff hanger as the 'main' method to commit fans to watch the next season.

Saw that already with LOST.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Watched it, loved it, absolutely loved Remi Malek's acting but again would have loved a bit of clarity at a season's end rather than leaving it on a cliff hanger as the 'main' method to commit fans to watch the next season.

Saw that already with LOST.

i'd watch it regardless of whether there was a cliffhanger.

Permabanned
the tech research is legit, but there's something off about the show aura, not sure it's dark, or worse

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just started rewatching the series with my SO. We just watched season 1 episode 8 and I realized something crazy. Don't read this if you haven't finished Season 2.

Tagging [MENTION=7]Totenkindly[/MENTION] in this because it's the kind of TV geekiness she'd enjoy. :p

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...Tagging [MENTION=7]Totenkindly[/MENTION] in this because it's the kind of TV geekiness she'd enjoy. :p

Thanks for this. :wubbie:

This is one of the weaknesses of NOT binge-watching a series. I saw Season 1 episode by episode when it came out, so I had forgotten those details since they were over a year ago. Now I want to go back and watch everything again.

I'm really glad USA decided to take a chance on this series and let Esmail run with things how he wanted, it's at least bumped up the network's game so they're taken more seriously versus being a B-tier. Also, I think it's cool they simply filmed it 'as is' in terms of the language and then simply blanked out the swears for TV. The Blurays they can just run as is. The language feels pretty natural and real.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1. Finished season 2 and am simultaneously pleased and not at all pleased. It was a good cliffhanger but not emotionally satisfying for some reason.

2. Oh my god [MENTION=7254]Wind Up Rex[/MENTION]. Mind. Blown. O_O None of that had occurred to me at all.

3. GO RAMI MALEK! Most deserving Emmy winner ever.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks for this. :wubbie: This is one of the weaknesses of NOT binge-watching a series. I saw Season 1 episode by episode when it came out, so I had forgotten those details since they were over a year ago. Now I want to go back and watch everything again. I'm really glad USA decided to take a chance on this series and let Esmail run with things how he wanted, it's at least bumped up the network's game so they're taken more seriously versus being a B-tier. Also, I think it's cool they simply filmed it 'as is' in terms of the language and then simply blanked out the swears for TV. The Blurays they can just run as is. The language feels pretty natural and real.
Just found another little Easter egg supporting my previous post.

Permabanned
Just found another little Easter egg supporting my previous post.

Let me summary 4u