• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can't get enough art?

Recoleta

No me digas, che!
MBTI Type
ISXJ
I have a slight obsession. I love collecting all different kinds of art. Any time I travel to any other country I always end up returning with at least 3-4 types of paintings, sculptures, wall-hangings, pottery, etc...especially from South America because the artisan work there is incredible and it is so cheap in comparison to similar styles found here in the U.S. The only places in the U.S. I have found to have awesome, reasonably-priced art is to go to different universities that hold an annual art sale for their art students so they can get their name/work out on the market.

However, this past week, someone in my class brought to my attention that under the "Art" section of Ebay there is a section for Self-representing artists. Oh my, I could spend all day looking at the paintings, sculptures and glass bowls...they're all so....PRETTY! :wubbie: Most of the stuff is really reasonably priced too, and some artists can make some good money off of their work if people like it. So, if you love art, it's worth checking out. How unfortunate that I don't currently have a place of my own with tons of wall space :cry: Oh, but one day I will! :smile:

By the way, I now want to learn and perfect the art of glass-blowing...

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
Hi Recoleta, I'm a self-taught artist and have been trying to figure out a way to start showing/selling. I was going to try the local flea markets, but there are waitlists and fees and alot of established vendors. Thanks for the referral to ebay... I will check it out.

Also, since you mentioned you like glass-blowing, if you are ever in the Pacific Northwest, check out the Museum of Glass in Tacoma, cofounded by Dale Chihuly. I'm not into glass myself so I haven't been to visit, but I hear it's even got a "bridge of glass".

Here are some links:

- Contemporary art and live glass-blowing | Museum of Glass | Tacoma, Washington
- Chihuly Bridge of Glass

Last edited:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:holy: I LOVE art! Unfortunatly, I'm not a skilled artist myself, which makes me kind of sad. I always go to all of the local gallery openings, stop by to see the student art exhibits on campus and LOVE visiting museums!

Can't wait to earn enough money some day to actually buy art! :)

Recoleta

No me digas, che!
MBTI Type
ISXJ
Oooh, thanks for the links anii...that museum looks like it has some awesome exhibits! I'd love to visit if I ever make it all the way out to Washington, but I think I'd almost be scared to go in because I would want to take everything home with me! :puppy_dog_eyes:

Also, good luck with getting your art-business started...I hope it turns out well for ya. What kind of media do you use? Or what style(s) do you use? Have you posted any pics of your work?

angelicabeads

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Hi, Recoleta,

I'm the same kind of person as you are: I love art, great paintings and such, and could sit and look at it for hours. However, I'm not a very good artist myself. Wish I were. However, I can't draw very well at all, so most of what I end up producing is more along the lines of abstract art. My favorite groups of artists are the Pre-Raphaelites and the Symbolists; the Pre-Raphs are so very romantic and mythological, and the Symbolists also very mythological but rather weird and sometimes scary. But I adore these works of art so much! I'm currently obsessed with Odilon Redon's work. Look him up and let me know what you think.

Thanks, all. Have a great weekend!! Ellen