• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Thriller: Let's talk about our fears.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Specifically. Let's talk about the fears you find yourself compelled to explore through the art of horror. In both print and visual, not to mention that enduring classic of storytelling (usually visa vie Urban Legends par example).

I want to know what scares you, but also entertains you. That satisfying page turning quality of entertainment. That certain something that makes you peek through your fingers rather than looking away from the screen. You know of that feeling of which I speak... If you're not a fan of horror and cannot fathom why on earth anyone would subject themselves to such madness...this thread is not for you, simply carry on. There will be other threads of this kind forthecoming with other genres. But this thread is for fear and those who occasionally revel in it for entertainment, and introspection.

*A note: The OP fully aknowedges the intimate nature of fear for many, and that we currently live in times wrought with fear and horror of which most cannot look away from. This isnt really the thread for that either. This isnt about finding out what scares you and keeps you up at night or reduces you to flight or flight visceral reactions. This isnt a thread for that sort of terror.

Now, gather 'round while I elucidate
On what happens outside when it gets late
'Long about midnight the ghosts and banshees
Get together for their nightly jamborees
There's ghosts with horns and saucer eyes
And some with fangs about this size
Some short and fat, some tall and thin
And some don't even bother to wear their skin
I'm tellin' you brother, it's a frightful sight
To see what goes on in the night...

So come on fellow spooks, let's have a midnight jamboree; Let's break it down with fiendish glee...
<span>

GoggleGirl17

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
(The Cannibal Warlords of Liberia)

This isn't the traditional kind of horror, but I also have a fascination with the gritty stories of people who are/were involved in prostitution or stripping, especially when they include elements of violence and rape. I enjoy the second-hand thrill of it.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like psychological horror. Movies like "The Shining" are fascinating to me to understand the psychology and relational aspects of fear and horror. I like art that scares me.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I like psychological horror. Movies like "The Shining" are fascinating to me to understand the psychology and relational aspects of fear and horror. I like art that scares me.

It's even better once you realize how it confirms that the moon landing was fake. Kubrick had to confess what he did somehow.

Grusdytre

MBTI Type
none
Enneagram
non

same here, something like Split, The Perfection, The Lighthouse, etc...