• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

You aren't an INFP.

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
What makes an INFP an INFP? Because I've finally mostly accepted that I'm a stronger Ne-Si user than a Se-Ni user, and I'm sure there's a handful of people here who think I'm Fi-dom rather than Ti-dom (one of my irl best friends included, which I found interesting, though she also did the exercise wrong and labelled me with Fi Ti Se Ne in that order).

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You might be an ISFP. :unsure:

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
The artistry (music and drawing mainly) aspect might make me seem that way, but I don't think that's how I approach it at all. I don't draw as a means of expressing myself (that's what writing is for, and only when I am so compelled), and I have a stupidly emotionally void approach to learning music (i.e. I play "like a robot" unless I somehow manage to form some kind of emotional connection to the music that isn't completely based in sarcasm-masked hatred for the piece). Who knows though.

NP people can be artistic too, right?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The artistry (music and drawing mainly) aspect might make me seem that way, but I don't think that's how I approach it at all. I don't draw as a means of expressing myself (that's what writing is for, and only when I am so compelled), and I have a stupidly emotionally void approach to learning music (i.e. I play "like a robot" unless I somehow manage to form some kind of emotional connection to the music that isn't completely based in sarcasm-masked hatred for the piece). Who knows though.

NP people can be artistic too, right?

Any type can be artistic.

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
My point. :3

I refuse to believe that I am an INFP.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
What makes an INFP an INFP? Because I've finally mostly accepted that I'm a stronger Ne-Si user than a Se-Ni user, and I'm sure there's a handful of people here who think I'm Fi-dom rather than Ti-dom (one of my irl best friends included, which I found interesting, though she also did the exercise wrong and labelled me with Fi Ti Se Ne in that order).

This is what I wonder. I know what Si and Fe are, and what Fi and Ne aren't...but are Fi and Ne?

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In my high school psych class, here are the definitions:

I - After a bad day, 20 minutes of alone time before talking to anyone
E - Calling everyone

S - Going by facts and believing when they see it
N - Not needing proof to believe something

F - Doing what feels right
T - Doing what makes sense

J - Organized
P - Disorganized

We had to do a project explaining which type we are and justification for each letter. It was painful. By the shitty definitions, I'm an InFP. So that's what I said.

It was really difficult, actually. My deeper knowledge interfered with the project, and I had to pretend I didn't know. If I'd tried to put down something different, with even a semblance of accuracy, I would've been downgraded.

Not to mention we got into all that left brain/right brain stuff. :doh:

I like it, it's good. Just the S/N, I'm not so sure about that...can you give me an example? Because...for instance, "God". Many S believe in God. With no proof. And many N don't believe in God. I don't know.

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I like it, it's good. Just the S/N, I'm not so sure about that...can you give me an example? Because...for instance, "God". Many S believe in God. With no proof. And many N don't believe in God. I don't know.

I'm going to take a moment to be slightly :offtopic: and disagree with you there. While evidence and non-evidence may be gathered by P functions, they are judged by J functions. As you said, there are S types that believe in God, but the proof you consider to be nonexistent might be judged by someone else to exist. Just because one didn't physically see God create things doesn't mean they weren't created by him. Just because I've never seen Africa for myself doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I've never seen the wind; I've seen the effects of the wind but I've never seen the wind. Some people will take the effects as proof of the original phenomenon. And some won't or will seek to attribute it to something else.
In the end, though, it is a leap of faith, whether you're N or S, or T or F.

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9?
Instinctual Variant
sp
You don't have to an INFP to be a freewheeling dreamer with flowers in your hair and a romantic navelgazer who likes to journal, write fiction, and stare at passing clouds. :)

One online acquaintance of mine who openly identifies like this is an ISFJ. Hippie vegetarian environmentalist with a passion for fantasy. If anything, Si might be more inclined to that sort of stuff, since it's a perceiving function... :blush:

I actually think INFPs might be less "feelery and carefree" than people make them out to be. I actually know an INFP 9w1 who's very stoic and unfeeling. Kind, yes. Feeling, no.

They are. The weepy, hypersensitive Fi stereotype is annoying and false. Like, literally wrong if you just read the infamous chapter 10 of Psychological Types:

Jung on Introverted Feeling said:
One may even be made to feel the superfluousness of one's own existence. In the presence of something that might carry one away or arouse enthusiasm, this type observes a benevolent neutrality, tempered with an occasional trace of superiority and criticism that soon takes the wind out of the sails of a sensitive object. But a stormy emotion will be brusquely rejected with murderous coldness, unless it happens to catch the subject from the side of the unconscious, i.e. unless, through the animation of some primordial image, feeling is, as it were, taken captive. In which event such a woman simply feels a momentary laming, invariably producing, in due course, a still more violent resistance, which reaches the object in his most vulnerable spot. The relation to the object is, as far as possible, kept in a secure and tranquil middle state of feeling, where passion and its intemperateness are resolutely proscribed. Expression of feeling, therefore, remains niggardly and, when once aware of it at all, the object has a permanent sense of his undervaluation. Such, however, is not always the case, since very often the deficit remains unconscious; whereupon the unconscious feeling-claims gradually produce symptoms which compel a more serious attention.

A superficial judgment might well be betrayed, by a rather cold and reserved demeanour, into denying all feeling to this type. Such a view, however, would be quite false; the truth is, her feelings are intensive rather than extensive. They develop into the depth. Whereas, for instance, an extensive feeling of sympathy can express itself in both word and deed at the right place, thus quickly ridding itself of its impression, an intensive sympathy, because shut off from every means of expression, gains a passionate depth that embraces the misery of a world and is simply benumbed. It may possibly make an extravagant irruption, leading to some staggering act of an almost heroic character, to which, however, neither the object nor [p. 494] the subject can find a right relation. To the outer world, or to the blind eyes of the extravert, this sympathy looks like coldness, for it does nothing visibly, and an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is not the sort of ISFJ I am.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm going to take a moment to be slightly :offtopic: and disagree with you there. While evidence and non-evidence may be gathered by P functions, they are judged by J functions. As you said, there are S types that believe in God, but the proof you consider to be nonexistent might be judged by someone else to exist. Just because one didn't physically see God create things doesn't mean they weren't created by him. Just because I've never seen Africa for myself doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I've never seen the wind; I've seen the effects of the wind but I've never seen the wind. Some people will take the effects as proof of the original phenomenon. And some won't or will seek to attribute it to something else.
In the end, though, it is a leap of faith, whether you're N or S, or T or F.

mLaAr7G.jpg

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
eh I don't believe in any religion and I know plenty of Ns who do. I don't think it's type related.

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
What an interesting thread. I feel like I am quite ISFJ right now in my life but that may be due to tertiary Si. In my childhood and youth though my behaviour wasn't ISFJ at all so that is one of the reasons I haven't seriously considered it being my type since your type doesn't change throughout your life. I also do not relate to the SJ temperament at all. I have really enjoyed reading this thread. I love ISFJs and if there is any way I could be one I would be really happy about it :)

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I dare you to tell me why I'm not INFP