• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Which is your tritype ?

Select your tritype category

• Total voters

Kendrix

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
w00t~

It seems us 548s really love the internets. Though it should not be surprising given the '4' and '5' parts.

Carpe Vinum

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've only gotten into Tritype theory recently, but I'm fairly confident that I'm an 826 Rescuer. I'm not sure I like the title, but I read somewhere that the core need of a Rescuer is to help the weak and protect the vulnerable. I have to say, in all humility, that this resonates very deeply with me.

I'm not sure how good of a job I do, but yes it's a huge motivation for much of what I do, both professionally and personally. I don't want anyone to be a victim. I'll be the first to stand up to a bully, but also the first to look you in the eye and tell you to stand up for yourself.

At the martial arts school where I teach, we dsiplay a sign that says "We don't teach bullies here." And I've kicked three students out of our program for that exact reason. I have no stomach for it.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
I've been thinking about my tritype for a while now, and honestly I have to say... My entire being is such a strange mess of contradictions that I don't even know where to begin. I can see why Enneagram is paired with MBTI now, because it gives a fuller understanding of an individual together in ways that can't really be explained from just one theory or perspective.

I have a lot more thoughts about this, but mostly I don't really doubt that I'm 749. The descriptions, both positive and negative, pretty much explain why. The influence of the 9 in its desire to peace-keep and hide all negative emotions, the melancholy and self-absorption of the 4 and the cracked rose-tinted glasses of the 7sx - Eh, it's not like I want to actually identify with this, mind.:shrug:

I've thought of being a counsellor, but it'd just clash with my 7 core because I'm pretty sure I'd internalise all of the negativity and just burn out real quick.

No healy healy:D

Enneagram
9w1
my only troubles are as follows:

1) AM I E4 or E3, and if I am e3 why the fuck do I have to find the most specific and uncucked definition possible just to make it feel comparable to 4?

So I am 495: Triple Withdrawn/The Contemplative or 395: Triple Hidden/Thinker

9w8/9w1 being first since I have most troubles with my sense of self and independence and codependence from/with others

yknow what I just decided I'm going to be e3, as this description satisfied me enough and makes way more sense than anything the 4 says about me and my motivations, and also because the whole parental-child relationship of 3 better fits my childhood. The only theories I disagree with for the e3 are the triads, as literally none of the triads I relate to most have e3.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
6w5 1w9 4w5 - The Jerkass Woobie

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
461 - "The Philosopher"

"The Philosopher"

-Diligent/Ethical
-Intuitive/Original
-Inquisitive/Certain
-Morally focused, you have strong emotions and are inclined to voice your feelings and intuitions. You care deeply and want to help others improve their lives and the expectations they have of themselves.

Your life mission is to find truth and help others understand what has intrinsic value. A true philosopher, you are happiest when you can use your intuition to help others find meaning.

Core Triggers: Feeling wrong, inadequate and/or uncertain.

Core Fears: The core fears are of being wrong, bad, evil, angry, inappropriate, unqualified, corruptible, nonredeemable, condemned, being inadequate, emotionally cut off, mundane, ordinary, commonplace, being abandoned, fear itself, danger, being alone, cowardice, submitting, and deviance, uncertainty, targeted, and chaos.
Blind Spot: The blind spot is that they can be so identified with what they perceive is the morally correct way of being that they can come across as overly prudish, rigid and inflexible. When they feel insecure, they can be overly critical of themselves and others and appear to be a snob.
Growing Edge: The growing edge is to recognize that authenticity is not cultivated. Their inclination is to create a sense of self around an identity of being informed and educated. Sophistry is a mimic of being. True awareness comes from being present to the moment rather than developing an image of being ‘in the know’.

When the 4 and 6 are in the tritype there is more negativity as a strategy to prevent making a mistake that will bring shame, blame and criticism. This is most true of the 461 and then 468 and then the 469.

461: Inquisitive and discerning 4. Most compliant and rule-oriented 4. 6ish. Tends to run high anxiety especially if self-preserving.

David Fauvre also said that 461's have a bit of a 'bite' to them.

The 486 is much more assertive that the 416. The 416, 459 and 469 all struggle with painful self-consciousness and inhibition. The 461 tends to being very critical of themselves to avoid being criticized. This tritype is very particular. The 416 hesitates and the 486 impulsively reacts. A perceived threat to the primary instinct triggers the tritype.

Any combination that has a 6 runs anxiety.

(4)-6-1 - The Compliant 4
4-(6)-1 - The Idealistic 6
4-6-(1) - The Reactive 1

This type is somewhat neurotic. Perfectionistic.
May push themselves beyond their physical capability. At the same time they tend to believe themselves to be better than most.

Sounds about right, dunnit?

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
792/793 (I relate to both) AKA troll with heart of gold or failed troll depending on your criteria.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
No idea. When. I don't even understand what it is. Don't the numbershave to be connected to one higher or lower!

I'm 8w7 my husband is 4w5 and our most obnoxious friend that I often want to throttle is 1w.9 , for ex.

These numbers are completely random.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
No idea. When. I don't even understand what it is. Don't the numbershave to be connected to one higher or lower!

I'm 8w7 my husband is 4w5 and our most obnoxious friend that I often want to throttle is 1w.9 , for ex.

These numbers are completely random.

Enneagram tritype represents the strongest fixes of your heart, head, and gut. So being an 8w7 means that you are primarily a gut type, and your husband is primarily a heart type. But you have a fix for each type regardless.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
952 the problem solver

I bet you create more problems than you solve being ENTP :). i know I do but thats why you are so good as you can then solve the problems created by you.

Gone

I bet you create more problems than you solve being ENTP :). i know I do but thats why you are so good as you can then solve the problems created by you.

Only theoretical problems that can be easily ignored if you don't find an answer. I take care of not creating too much actual problems that really require solving.

OneLovelyAdventure

Gryffindor Prefect
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wow, lots of 458s. I don't know why, but that kind of surprises me.

Taibreah

I haven't cast a vote yet, just in the event that I change my mind again, but I'm feeling very strongly about being 469: Seeker and in second place 549: Contemplative.

Is it okay to not decide on either? I seriously cannot choose. I choose both!

Last edited:

molls

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Another Infp 469? What is your instinctual variant?

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Seeker.

9w1-4w5-6w7 sp/sx

Should have been born 378- Mover/Shaker instead.