• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Need help figuring out my Enneagram

JoanneAugust

MBTI Type
INFP
So I have known I'm an INFP for years, but I've always had a hard time figuring out my Enneagram - that's because I basically relate to all and none. 4 definitely fits to a degree, but I'm not sure it's the most fitting. I finally settled on 6 because my life is quite dominated by fear (I have GAD).

However, recently I've come to notice I'm controlling. I mean, I haven't just noticed it, but I've started to notice just how many parts of my life are dominated by this. I've always considered myself stubborn and opinionated, but I'm actually so perfectionist that I feel like I cannot entrust anyone with anything, I need to do it myself. At work, I want to be involved in every process, answer every question, make sure myself that nothing goes wrong (which is impossible, as anyone who has ever worked as a waiter knows). With friends, I need to take the lead - I just can't let things be. Or I'm just learning to which is really embarrassing at my age. I HATE accepting that I have flaws, let alone show others. I'd rather swallow my feelings until I explode than adress them early on, so most fights I'm involved in are really nasty because everything just comes out at once.

This sounds a bit like type 1 to me, or am I mistaken? I used to think I just had 8 in my tritype and that was that, but maybe I'm actually a core 1? And what would be the wing anyway? I'm NOTHING like either 2 or 9.

AngelIan

It's possible that you're discovering new aspects of your personality. Type 1 could fit with your perfectionism and control tendencies, and your wing would depend on whether you lean more towards 9 or 2 in certain situations.