• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is some viable proof of Global Warming?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Here is one interesting interactive graph. It shows surface of Arctic ice thought a year and if you click on every melting season it shows the surrafce of ice throughout that year. The 2011-2012 is special year because this is the syear of lowest ice minimum in summer time. And 2016 due to very warm weather is already bellow 2012 and represents the January with lowest surface of Arctic ice.

However if you compare everthing after 2007 (that was a year of major shift) with data from a few decades ago it is pretty obvious how much ice was lost in that time.

Charctic Interactive Sea Ice Graph | Arctic Sea Ice News and Analysis

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
When you add third dimmension things are even more drastic.

piomas-min-2015.jpg

In other words we came from 17 thousands of cubic kilomters to just 4.
Things are not going linearally and recently there was this bump that bought as a few years but the overal trend is clearly towars ice free Arctic ocean.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Still? Nobody, really?

Fine, I'll repeat myself again:

How is it that nobody's even bothered to answer @Virtualghost 's awesome posts? Is it perhaps too in dept and too hard tackle? :thinking:

And I seriously object to listening to anyone arguing against climate change and calling people who are concerned about that problem 'climate change alarmists' without them actually working the material he's so generously provided and providing themselves some serious counter argumentation.

Mole

Permabanned
Notice that climate change alarmists never talk about growing more trees or building more nuclear power plants.

Yes, it is odd. Oz is one of the great suppliers of uranium to the world, yet we have a nuclear phobia at home and have built not one reactor to supply electricity, desalinate water, or make hydrogen. Nor do we have a Nuclear facility in any of our universities.

And Oz is particularly well suited to the nuclear supply of electricity, water, and hydrogen. We are geologically stable, we are politically stable, we are a first world industrialised country. We are prudently regulated. Yet we shy away from nuclear power.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I love it when people are so arrogant these days they think just because they've got Internet connection they have the authority to argue with NASA scientists. Post - modernism is a tragedy.

http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Obviously you haven't read enough of them because it should be pretty obvious.

Skeptical Science Study Finds 97% Consensus on Human-Caused Global Warming in the Peer-Reviewed Literature

It is considered fact in the literature. Doubt you can find any other issue on earth where there is 97% consensus across 14,000 peer-reviewed papers.

Also came across this today: US town rejects solar farm after residents say it would suck up all the sunlight

Allowing these people to decide on policy that affects everyone is a problem. It's also not that surprising that there's an entire group that is so badly educated if it's the "science teacher" who thinks that installing solar panels sucks the sunlight away and kills plants and causes cancer.

QFT

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think a better campaign against global warming would be to explain to people how more c02 means more 02 means bigger insects.

Global warming = giant insects
Fight against global warming = protecting our children from being devoured by giant insects.

Now that's a campaign people would root for.

We've got a commercial in the US where a woman and her entire house is covered in insects. Then just calmly, at the end. Spiders: you'll miss them when they're gone .

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
We've got a commercial in the US where a woman and her entire house is covered in insects. Then just calmly, at the end. Spiders: you'll miss them when they're gone .

I live in a country where there seldom are any spiders that can deliver a fatal bite, therefore I don't try to kill them. Most times I'll just leave them alone.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram

It's more global warming on how much importance you americans but on commercials^

morganelise48

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Don't live in paranoia, love. If it's tangible, it's real. That simple. You can argue that we don't individually have the tools to know. Us average Joe's aren't out there measuring sea levels and such. But there isn't much anyone can get from the changes that so obviously seem to ready made. Scam how? Just because? Just to scare us?
Idk...

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Did Global Warming Slow Down in the 2000s, or Not? - Scientific American

“The interpretation [the NOAA group] made was not valid,” said John Fyfe, a climate scientist at Environment and Climate Change Canada and lead author of the commentary. “The slowdown is there, even in this new updated data set.”

It is possible that the scientific disagreement could spill over into the skeptic blogosphere. But that is not reason enough to sweep the slowdown under the rug, said Michael Mann, a climatologist at Pennsylvania State University and a co-author. “As scientists, we must go where the evidence takes us, we can’t allow our worries about climate contrarians and how they might seek to misrepresent our work to dictate what we do and do not publish,” he said.

There are other explanations for the slowdown and also for why climate models did not project it. It is possible that the world is not as sensitive to greenhouse gases as the models assume or factors that cool the planet are playing a bigger role than expected, Fyfe said.

“These models are not perfect, and they might be overly sensitive,” he said.

Answering these fundamental science questions should take precedence over worries about skeptics, Mann of Penn State said.

So, this is what we know from this article:

There was a slowdown for over a decade.

Even Michael "Hockey Stick" Mann agrees.

The models are wrong.

So, given all this (basically skeptics have been saying all along), it looks like a cautious and measured approach would be wise...

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's more global warming on how much importance you americans but on commercials^

I actually almost never watch TV. It's like once a month or less, and I don't own one, but yeah most Americans are zombies, they waste insane amounts of time on meaningless shows, it's mind boggling, it's not even art or film, it's a whole lot of nothing. And then I wonder why people can't see why Donald Trump is an idiot, that environmental preservation is a desperate cause, that they should probably put down the cheeseburgers, etc. People are too complacent. It's like they're drugged. Soma.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't live in paranoia, love. If it's tangible, it's real. That simple. You can argue that we don't individually have the tools to know. Us average Joe's aren't out there measuring sea levels and such. But there isn't much anyone can get from the changes that so obviously seem to ready made. Scam how? Just because? Just to scare us?
Idk...

Do you realize how ignorant what you said sounds?

I'm sorry. But next time you come into the science section, make arguments or post facts other than "love one another"...because if these people protesting global warming actually loved ANYONE, they'd stop defending a white supremacist climate denying jackhole, because they're "angry" at Mexicans, and incidentally have never thought twice about people in Flint or Charleston with polluted water, the diminished rain forest, or air pollution in Los Angeles from the fracking disaster. Your admonisment to them to "love" with a passive voice unsupported by facts, will likely just lead to narcissistic self love.

morganelise48

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
I actually almost never watch TV. It's like once a month or less, and I don't own one, but yeah most Americans are zombies, they waste insane amounts of time on meaningless shows, it's mind boggling, it's not even art or film, it's a whole lot of nothing. And then I wonder why people can't see why Donald Trump is an idiot, that environmental preservation is a desperate cause, that they should probably put down the cheeseburgers, etc. People are too complacent. It's like they're drugged. Soma.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you realize how ignorant what you said sounds?

I'm sorry. But next time you come into the science section, make arguments or post facts other than "love one another"...because if these people protesting global warming actually loved ANYONE, they'd stop defending a white supremacist climate denying jackhole, because they're "angry" at Mexicans, and incidentally have never thought twice about people in Flint or Charleston with polluted water, the diminished rain forest, or air pollution in Los Angeles from the fracking disaster. Your admonisment to them to "love" with a passive voice unsupported by facts, will likely just lead to narcissistic self love.
I agree with your points about global warming. I could use facts, but apparently you have that one covered.

Why so nasty? Going about it in a "fuck you guys, I'm right" manner isn't going to change anyone's mind about the fact that it's an issue. If someone already thinks global warming is fake (yeah I think that position is fucking crazy too) hostility is more often than not only going to keep them in their position.

Getting people to agree with you is really want you want, right? So more people push for change that benefits our planet. Being a douche isn't the fix. Sorry to sound like a cunt, but to honest truth is that facts aren't what drives every person. Like it or not.

Sometimes, we need a little bit of reassurance. Those who think GLOBAL WARMING is a scam, are clearly pulling their reasoning from paranoia. Being hostile and giving facts that the view as intangable won't help your position.

And no I didn't propose to, "love one another." You may have taken it that way, which is perfectly fine. I was offering the point of view in not worrying about whither they're lying, when the facts are abundant. If you didn't take that from my most, than good for you. Not everyone is going take everything how you meant it.

How I would actually try to shed light on the topic to someone in a face to face circumstance doesn't reflect my post.

So moral of the story is...... chill man.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ask someone much older than you if they think the climate has changed. To be honest I think that can be better proof than an article from the internet.