• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is Emotional Reasoning? Why has it been so harmful throughout the course of history? Why will it continue to restrain progress forward?

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
What is Emotional Reasoning? Do you know the term and that it comes from psychology? Why has it been so harmful throughout the course of history? Why will it continue to restrain progress forward?

Do you think it would be a good idea to instill critical thinking skills at a much earlier age in education? Is this quotation true? Why is it true and what is the primary reason this is true?

“Sometimes people don’t want to hear the truth because they don’t want their illusions destroyed.” Friedrich Nietzsche

What is the major culprit of this being a truth?

The answer and culprit is identified by the psychology field the cognitive distortion called Emotional Reasoning.

“It is a truth that human beings project their realities. What people do not realize is that it is merely their subjective perception of truth and reality. Truth is most of what we know is opinion.

Our perception of reality is based on societal, peer and parental influences.
To me what stands out for me causing the greatest alarm is that the religious or secular texts are all a product of the times when they were written.

This implies all of the hidden, unconscious prejudices, fears and stereotypes of the times are written into the texts.

A major culprit of all the misery on the planet is that all human beings project their realities every day of their lives. The other is “Emotional Reasoning” which is a cognitive distortion.

Both Buddha and Aristotle have warmed to question their perceptions and understandings of reality. People won’t. They will fall prey to the illusion of Emotional Reasoning.

Quotation:
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, not even if I have said it. Unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” Buddha

Quotation:
“Be a free thinker and don’t accept everything you hear as truth. Be critical and evaluate what you believe in.” Aristotle

I’ve written, “Just because I believe, think and feel something passionately to be the truth, does not necessitate that it is the truth. Unless it can be proven by hard research methodology conducted in the here and now and its results replicated.” LightSun

Last edited:

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
“Just because I believe, think and feel something passionately to be the truth, does not necessitate that it is the truth.

Unless it can be proven by hard research methodology conducted in the here and now and its results replicated.” LightSun

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
“To me what stands out for me causing the greatest alarm is that the religious or secular texts are all a product of the times when they were written.

This implies all of the hidden, unconscious prejudices, fears and stereotypes of the times are written into the texts.” LightSun

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
“As I’ve stated before before Carl Jung was such an insightful man. His saying that we must make the unconscious, conscious.

If we fail to do so then we will never evolve psychologically, emotionally nor spiritually.

All of the great religions and secular philosopher writings were mere stepping stones and meant to be taken as a general heading.

They were not meant to be taken dogmatically. That stifles true awakening of the human spirit and hopes of ever reaching either a Christ consciousness or a Buddha mind.” LightSun

KitchenFly

What is Emotional Reasoning? Why has it been so harmful throughout the course of history? Why will it continue to restrain progress forward?​

You have focused on an inner struggle we all can resel with.

What is Emotional Reasoning?​

Emotional reasoning seems to me to be a basic condition a reaction and a response to being a Human Being with no option but to experience being hear and alive. It is very much a view though the I N F P lens. Much can be said if all processes begin at Point nine on the Enneagram symbol at zero at Point:9 and end at nine at Point nine this nine step process can hint to zero as being the basic Presence the knowing that we are here and we must deal with that reality. The question of whether it is right or wrong good or bad just or unjust has something to do with the hidden complaint. That is the influence of the Point one lense E S T J the wing component of the 9w1.

Emotional reasoning seems to me to be the automatic response and automatic reaction to the condition of dealing with being human and permanently engaged with the world without a choice as to whether I participate or not.

It seemed to me not to be a problem until I experienced the loss of direct contact with the Holy Love perspective lens generated by the heart and began to be influenced by the divide of the three instincts into six working instinctual variants each with a unique psychological interpretation of the what is taking place in the world. The shock of having three tape loops with six variant filters view lenses caused me to react with emotional reasoning.

Why has it been so harmful throughout the course of history?​

I think the simple answer is if or peers and parents had mirrored a flowing usage of the six instinctual variant heads we would not treat this level of our psychometrics as if it was taboo.

By treating the usage of the six instinctual variants we have relied upon emotional reasoning as an acceptable compensation. Adjust and follow the rules of the tribe the norms compete fairly and you will fit in.

There is a precariousness to this strategy so we trust that someone within the tribe will know someone will lead us to a solution. In some families the fridge and Tv are the solution I'll watch my stories and I find my solutions via my Peers on Tv. Perhaps the President will appear on Tv address the problems and ashore me that all will be ok.

t has been harmful through the course of history because it has not lead us back to the Holy Ideas the wisdom viewpoint within. When we reawaken our Higher Intellect higher emotion higher thinking higher thinking. Our Higher Centers we need not rely on emotional reasoning because we see to the heart of things naturally. This is hard to describe it is easy to understand experientially.

Put simply we draw upon the unity of or psychometrics and working in its natural order the Higher-centers Higher mind Higher emotion order reasoning and provide the natural input required. E.g Some before me id very sick I can receptively sense into that individual and detect disease. To do this is a taboo an act of pseudoscience.

Why will it continue to restrain progress forward?​

Because we as a collective refuse to adopt knowledge about the know how of making the laws of three and severn work within. We blindly trust or egoic mind we believe it is all we have and all we need. It may restain progress by leading os to annihilation the very thing we fear the most. Destroying the ecosystem we rely upon as a synbiotic catalyst.

Last edited: