• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What are some great presents you've gotten?

seamaid

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
As far as the OP I agree with what everyone else has said. I'll add that one of my best "presents" was from my ISTJ ex.

For about a month, he did all my laundry, ironed my clothes (even my jeans!) :happy2: and folded them neatly away for me. I never looked so good.

Whoa, I think we have a winner? :yes: I think now I want an ISTJ. :doh:

I know my SO's apartment is a complete and utter disaster area (computer parts, bicycle parts, clothes, junk scattered galore), so one of these days I'd love to just make it beautifully organized. Even if it'll stay that way for approximately half an hour.

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
Whoa, I think we have a winner? :yes: I think now I want an ISTJ. :doh:

I know my SO's apartment is a complete and utter disaster area (computer parts, bicycle parts, clothes, junk scattered galore), so one of these days I'd love to just make it beautifully organized. Even if it'll stay that way for approximately half an hour.

I think your SO and I might be related, lol. My apt. is a perpetual disaster. I have a housekeeper these days. Thank goodness I have a real job. :D

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, it's pretty hard to find gifts for me. Most of my favorite gifts are things I picked out and people paid me back for, like others mentioned. Money is awesome too. I don't care how impersonal it is... I love it just as much.

But I can think of two gifts that were a surprise and that I really loved. One was a computer tablet from my INTP ex. It was especially meaningful because it was roughly 6 months after we broke up and he was making up for all the gifts he couldn't afford to get me when we were broke college students :laugh:. The other was when my ESTJ boyfriend at the time got me a plane ticket to go see him in NYC on my birthday. My appendix had other plans though, and decided to put me in the E.R..... so he got the ticket reversed and came to see me instead.

So bottom line: We like your time and meaningful acts more than the actual item (even though that tablet is pretty sweet). Also, maybe nice things we wouldn't really buy for ourselves. Someone once gave me a nice coat I liked, and it would have been forever before I bought one for myself. Oh, and trips. Trips are awesome. If you can afford to give that kinda thing. :D Gift certificates to stores we like are always fail proof.

Edit: Oh, and really practical, useful things are awesome too. Someone once gave me a thin wallet I could put in my back pocket. I never use a purse. So before that, all my money would be in wads and I would occasionally lose cards that fell out. Lol.