• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Asking for opinions on my typing

shecelmis

Hello to anyone who's reading! This is my first post on this forum, so I might as well make a greeting here as well.
I've known typology for many years (mostly enneagram, but I know also about mbti of course), but I've never been subscribed to this forum, but I decided to sign up now because I'm going through (another) typology crisis regarding mbti and I figured that asking for an opinion here would be nice, also to know more about mbti and socionics in general, as they puzzle me more than enneagram.
So yeah, looking forward to everyone's replies (it would be nice if you were also able to state the reasons why you think I'm a certain type)!

----

1) Context:
a) What is your age range and general location (Country so that cultural values can be taken into account)? Do you have any impairments that may affect the way that you answer this questionnaire? Any religious or political beliefs (or anything else along those lines) that also might have an effect?
I am 25 y.o., I am originally from Southern Europe, don't really wanna disclose which country exactly, but I've moved around for some time now, both in my own country and other ones in Europe. I don't know if it counts as an impairment but I have a personality disorder that causes me to have mood swings and makes it hard to define myself in general because it makes me behave in very contradicting ways, there's more to it but I'll leave it at that for now. Religion-wise I would say I'm spiritual but not really religious, I have my own set of values and recently I've grown closer to Christianity but I don't consider myself a Christian nor I appreciate the Church environment as it is in my country at least. Politically I'm left-wing.

b) Which types are you currently considering? Why are you considering them and why haven't you decided on one?
I'm not gonna disclose which types I'm considering for now because I don't want to cause any bias in people's judgement of my answers. I'll just say that I'm pretty confident in my enneagram typing for core+wing, tritype and IVs, and my main doubt is regarding mbti. Feel free to type myself in every system though, I am curious to read opinions also on ennegram and socionics or anything else other than mbti.
As for the reason why I'm unsure, that's because some things happened recently that made me realize I'm not quite the person I though I was, and in general that I have difficulty separating the person I actually am from my ideal self (my difficulty in defining myself doesn't help with this).

2) What do you deem as your purpose in life?
I guess bringing (possibly) positive change in the world through my abilities and my current job. I'm pretty sure I have the ability to do that, but I don't think that's my single purpose in life, as I also want to live for myself without any particular purpose, or at least learn to do so.

3) Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least and why?
Envy definitely. I don't like to admit it but I'm a very envious person and it poisons my days because I often end up thinking that everyone is better off than me and end up feeling angry at the world because of that. I know that's not true rationally speaking and I'm trying to work on it, but as my natural inclination it's not so easy.
As for the one I relate to the least, I would say lust, because in general I stay away from romantic and sexual relationships, not really due to any particular belief but mostly due to fear and unpleasant past experiences, as well as sense of inadequacy in this matters.

4) Analyzing your relationships with others, briefly describe:
a) The type of people you are drawn to: this is kind of hard for me to answer because I'm attracted to people based purely on vibe, and I trust this 100%. If I have to spot a pattern, I would say that generally I'm drawn to people who feel honest and genuine and who share my same interests and similar vision of the world.

b) The type of people who are drawn to you: I wouldn't know because people in general seem to be drawn to me, but that's probably because they just end up idealizing me because I'm intelligent or funny or whatever positive trait they see in me and they end up ignoring the negative signs that are there. I feel like most people would be repulsed by me if they stopped idealizing my good qualities.

c) The type of people you are repulsed by: people who feel excessively artificial, those who only care about money and appearances, self-defined empaths (they're hardly empathetic at all most of the times), people who have no respect for the environments and animals, people whose beliefs harm someone else's freedom, people who can't get straight to the point no matter what.

5) What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate.
Spontaneity. I might look like I am spontaneous around people but on the inside I feel tense most of the times, I just lack that natural go-with-the-flow attitude.
I also admire people who are truly patient and kind, I am indeed polite and try not to lose my cool but I can't really say I'm patient.
I also like people who can live in the present and appreciate every moment, that just feels impossible to me, as I'm always naturally focusing on whatever is not working at any time.
In the end, I like people who can easily define themselves, that's really hard for me for the reason I mentioned above.

6) Describe your relationship with the following:
a) Anger: I used to have explosive anger outbursts as a teen, but ever since I was around 18 my anger turned cold. I do get angry or annoyed quite easily but I don't shout or smash things, the most that can happen is that I look annoyed or make caustic remarks.

b) Shame: I feel ashamed for literally anything. The way I look, the way I talk, etc. I do my best to not let it stop me and push through no matter what but in some situations it definitely gets the better of me.

c) Fear: it really depends on whatever makes the alarm go off in my head. I get triggered very easily in some situations, especially when people get too close to me too fast or their intentions in the relationship don't match mine. My reaction depending on the situation and how I feel is either to stand my ground and fight whatever negative stimuli I'm perceiving or flee as far away as possible.

d) Love/passion: I have a conflicting relationship with this one because I do become fond of the right people quite easily but at the same time I always feel like I need to keep my distance from everyone. That's probably because of past trauma more than anything, but I tend to feel quite focused on certain people but at the same time I feel like I can't really connect on a deeper level with anyone.

e) Conflict: it's part of life and is often useful to move things and/or solve situations if it's faced correctly. I'll be the first to seek out constructive conflict if I have a problem with someone I care about, if I don't really care about the person I don't really care if the conflict is constructive or not. I always try to stay polite no matter what, but I'm not gonna back down if I get attacked. Anyways, one of the most frustrating things that can happen to me is when people just shut themselves out to avoid even constructive conflict.

7) What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (ie. A struggle you've been unable to conquer, ect)?
Past and identity. My unpleasant past definitely contributed to the struggles I have nowdays, and the thought makes me really angry at the world because I wasn't in any position to defend myself at the time and people just took advantage of me because I was smaller and weaker than they were. As for identity, I often feel like I'm empty and have no personality due to what happened in my past, and even though I'm trying to work on that I keep feeling like this.
Another struggle that I have is regarding love and intimacy. I am less afraid of being alone forever now, in the sense that even if it actually happened I would accept it at this point, but it still makes me sad that I'm still not able to move past my intimacy issues and can't enjoy a relationship because of that.

8) Answer only one of the following: a) [College aged and above] What is your area of work/study? Why did you choose this and would you change it? If so, what would be your ideal?
I recently started a PhD in technologies and biotechnologies for sustainability after a master's in environmental sciences. Basically what I do is use programs to make models to analyze trends in the environment as well as find new means to monitor vegetation remotely. I'm happy with what I'm doing because working to preserve the environment or at least reduce the damage that is being done to it is kind of my mission in life, and I also like the fact that I get to analyze data and do research on it, it's maybe the only area in my life in which I feel kind of competent and not completely inadequate.

b)[Under college aged] What do you plan on studying/working as in the future? How did you go about deciding this? If this is not your ideal area of pursuit, what would be?

9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on?
The impression I have of them instinctively, the vibes I get from them.

10) How do you feel about humanity as a whole? What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why?
I feel like humanity is constantly at the crossroad between complete destruction and redemption; this is just more evident right now but it was true also in the past, in my opinion. The biggest problem of the human race is probably the lack of consideration for the environment that surrounds us, if more people understood the gifts and miracles of nature instead of just focusing on money and appearances and power they would be less cruel both to the planet and to each other.

11) What are some of your hobbies and interests?
Walks in the nature or in nice cities, video games, true crime (when it's done correctly and respectfully towards the victims and their families, I hate the spectacularization), cooking (I especially like baking or cooking particular dishes for people I love), drawing, writing, reading, card and board games.

13) How do you usually hang out with your friend(s)? When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction.
I never really initiate interaction, it's always other people asking me to go out together. I enjoy going out with smaller groups of people or also one-on-one, but like 2-3 people other than myself is perfect. We usually just go for walks in nice parts of the city or a park or sit down in some chill restaurant or bar and get something to drink or eat while we catch up and just talk about anything from how our day has been to deeper topics. Sometimes we play card or board games.

14) What is more important, actions or words? Why?
Both are. Actions definitely matter in the concrete realm, but words do in the emotional one. They should be coherent with each other.

15) Oh dear, you've been cursed by a witch! It's ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive. Will you choose:
a) To never be able to experience the sensation of taste
b) To be immortal
c) To lose your memories
d) To be poor for the rest of your life

e) Or to never experience passion
Elaborate on why!
I would choose to lose all my memories. There are things in my past that I really don't want to remember no matter what, and if losing those memories means also not remembering the people I care about, I would honestly take that, even if not lightheartedly. After all, I can always make new memories and get to know those people again, and if I could be free from the burden of my past our relationship might be even better, who knows.

16) What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoid/you as a villain, ect.
I don't want to live in fear and doubt of everything more than anything else. It's normal to be scared of some things or have doubts, but being the child of two very paranoid people I realize every day how sad and scary the life of someone who can't trust anything, not even their own judgement, is. I'm not the most trusting person myself, but I do trust my own judgement in most situations and this keeps me going in the world without having to stop and doubt everything like my parents do.
I also want to avoid being forever stuck in the past and feeling like my whole person is defined by it, but I'll have to work a lot on that.

17) How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this?
With my interests I do, with other people I have the tendency to do that with a select few but I always hold myself back and never allow complete merging because I don't want to lose my identity and autonomy. The idea of completely giving myself up to someone else just feels scary and wrong to me.

18) Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are you preferences and tendencies?
Might seem like a mess from the outside but I can find everything I need because everything is placed according to my own personal logic. Depending on the situation I might either plan or improvise, but my plans are never detailed and always stay general in case anything changes. I do like to improvise but it's not always possible or smart to do so.

19) How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surroundings?
I am pretty adaptable on the matter of physical comfort, I don't really need much. As long as I have a place where I have enough space to retreat on my own, some water and some food I am fine. If I do want to feel like a place is comfortable to me from an emotional point of view, then I will add something to it to make it personal, like some pictures or maps on the walls, some lights and candles, stuff like that. It's also important for me that I live with people who are not necessarily my friends but with whom I feel comfortable sharing spaces and I can chat and play around with while still respecting my need for solitude.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For enneagram, my best guess is some combination of 468, so/sp, probably 468 or 648. If not 8, 1.

shecelmis

For enneagram, my best guess is some combination of 468, so/sp, probably 468 or 648. If not 8, 1.
Close enough, I typed myself as a 415 (or 451) so/sx. I considered an 8 fix for myself in the past, but never a 6 fix honestly. That's interesting, thank you for your answer!

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Given your cognitive function results, you're probably an FiSe who's in secondary SiFe mode for this post.