• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

(VIDEO) Please help me to type myself

Buttahfly

Enneagram
Hey guys, I posted here before and now I made a video. I answered questions I found on the internet, but you can also ask me more questions. The video was fun to make and I was not unusually nervous.
I made like five short attempts before this one (camera position and stuff), so my nervousness was gone already.
I was in a good mood there! When I'm in a bad mood I'm very inward and stiff.

2 videos because the battery went empty.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Take a look at my instagram, too. There is another video and pictures.
Florian (@veganmitflo) Instagram profile • 72 photos and videos

I'm interested in my MBTI and Enneagram. I have my ideas, but wanted to keep mainly quiet about them. :)

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The most obvious thing about your typing seems to be 9w1 core. There's a heavy focus on fairness, "reaching people," a desire to listen and be heard that is very characteristic of 9w1 core here, as well as the superego edge that it brings with self-criticalness as well as a good level of sensitivity to others as well as yourself. The focus on openness, the mergingness as well comes with being attachment core to a degree.

INFP 9w1 sp/so I think, I could see the 946 working, you're probably head last (especially considering "I am a very shameful person" and "shame and fear are sort of the same for me," the mixing of the center fixation (ie. shame, fear, anger) often happens especially with the last instinct). I'm not sure on mbti as much as enneagram here, I waffled between ISFJ and INFP for you, but glancing over your instagram really reminds me of my ENFP (6w7 so/sp) friend, so it's probably high Fi (especially since you mentioned towards the beginging that you suspected high Fi was the case as well; I'm a lot better at narrowing down enneagram and specifically the perceiving functions of the mbti system than the judging functions through visual cues like this). The more I watched, the more obvious INFP became I think. You don't seem inferior Si, aux Ne seems fitting enough. I didn't see heavy 4, but you did seem relatively withdrawn? And I guess the jealousy aspect was fitting of 4 (and maybe 6 to a degree as well). Not 3 I don't think.

The purpose question near the beginning solidified the fact that I saw soc (iv wise) from the beginning. Your mentioning of the people you are drawn to is also pretty consistent with some sort of social instinct being present. Being evasive of those those who are dominant or excessively touchy/attentive to inconsistencies follows with low T functions and actually sort of makes me think that 9w1 enneagram might work pretty well. Your interest in health, nutrition, (ect) follows along with the sp instinct, and (not that I put a lot of faith in this theory in general, but most people do and in this case I'm seeing it), you really come across like a syn flow type. I don't really see the more erratic expression style that is more characteristic of soc dom, so I'd say sp/so, with so/sp as a secondary suggestion if that doesn't work (since withdrawn cores tend to tone down the expressionism of soc in general and it seems to be a prominent part of your psyche regardless).

Buttahfly

Enneagram
The most obvious thing about your typing seems to be 9w1 core. There's a heavy focus on fairness, "reaching people," a desire to listen and be heard that is very characteristic of 9w1 core here, as well as the superego edge that it brings with self-criticalness as well as a good level of sensitivity to others as well as yourself. The focus on openness, the mergingness as well comes with being attachment core to a degree.

INFP 9w1 sp/so I think, I could see the 946 working, you're probably head last (especially considering "I am a very shameful person" and "shame and fear are sort of the same for me," the mixing of the center fixation (ie. shame, fear, anger) often happens especially with the last instinct). I'm not sure on mbti as much as enneagram here, I waffled between ISFJ and INFP for you, but glancing over your instagram really reminds me of my ENFP (6w7 so/sp) friend, so it's probably high Fi (especially since you mentioned towards the beginging that you suspected high Fi was the case as well; I'm a lot better at narrowing down enneagram and specifically the perceiving functions of the mbti system than the judging functions through visual cues like this). The more I watched, the more obvious INFP became I think. You don't seem inferior Si, aux Ne seems fitting enough. I didn't see heavy 4, but you did seem relatively withdrawn? And I guess the jealousy aspect was fitting of 4 (and maybe 6 to a degree as well). Not 3 I don't think.

The purpose question near the beginning solidified the fact that I saw soc (iv wise) from the beginning. Your mentioning of the people you are drawn to is also pretty consistent with some sort of social instinct being present. Being evasive of those those who are dominant or excessively touchy/attentive to inconsistencies follows with low T functions and actually sort of makes me think that 9w1 enneagram might work pretty well. Your interest in health, nutrition, (ect) follows along with the sp instinct, and (not that I put a lot of faith in this theory in general, but most people do and in this case I'm seeing it), you really come across like a syn flow type. I don't really see the more erratic expression style that is more characteristic of soc dom, so I'd say sp/so, with so/sp as a secondary suggestion if that doesn't work (since withdrawn cores tend to tone down the expressionism of soc in general and it seems to be a prominent part of your psyche regardless).

Thank you for your response!
Enneagram 9 and 4 are also what I'm thinking about. I honestly also see a stronger 9. I'm usually in this mode of fairness, reaching people, listening, being heard, being super nice, being peaceful, being earthy with a touch of being critical or somtimes VERY critical if I get very triggered. But I don't like being critical. I honestly like to see the good even in mass murders. Or if their is nothing good to find I will at least try to empathise with them - I usually feel sorry for them. I of course still believe that society should be protected from them.
The 4 comes out in bursts. Bursts of "I am nothing. I have no identity. I need to find an identity, quickly!" or bursts of "I need to express my true self more!". It's a more rare aspect of my life, but if the burst happens it's usually pretty impactful. I might quit a job, suddenly always do voice messages when I never did them before, suddenly get into some kind of diet. I don't know. Stuff like that. And I might also suddenly express my raw, weird thoughts more. Which usually makes people go like "????", because as I said, usually I am very put together.

The thing with the social instinct is interesting.
I alaways saw the social instinct as loving to hang out, loving to talk, loving groups, stuff like that. And I don't! My social energy is very, very introverted. I even did drugs/alcohol to open up more. Now I don't do that anymore and, well, I like hanging out 1 on 1... sometimes... for a few hours. Lol.
BUT still: society is always in my mind. Impacting it. Analyzing it.
And my way to do that is the internet. I only recently started being brave enough to show an actual online presence and I love it so far. I'm growing my IG account and want to grow on Youtube, too possibly. It's perfect for me. I can do everything I love about being social (sharing ideas, talking, discussing, showing, I can think more beforehand) without everything I hate (immediate reactions, no way to quickly get out of social situations without seeming weird,...). So it does kinda make sense.

Before you said that I thought about being Sx/Sp, because I always liked to merge with a partner and got very obsessed in relationships.
And Sp, well, I don't know. It's a constant interest in my life, but not a stressful one. It's kinda my comfort zone. People stress me lol.

And INFP, yea, I think it's very clear. I was interested in MBTI years ago and also typed as an INFP. I usually get typed as an INFP, too. With the occasional ENFP, INTJ, INTP and ENTP inbetween.

Btw: I would hate to be a INFP 9w1, I would prefer any other type... maybe that also says something. :D
For instincts I'd hate to be So first. So maybe that also says something. I don't know.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thank you for your response!
Enneagram 9 and 4 are also what I'm thinking about. I honestly also see a stronger 9. I'm usually in this mode of fairness, reaching people, listening, being heard, being super nice, being peaceful, being earthy with a touch of being critical or somtimes VERY critical if I get very triggered. But I don't like being critical. I honestly like to see the good even in mass murders. Or if their is nothing good to find I will at least try to empathise with them - I usually feel sorry for them. I of course still believe that society should be protected from them.
The 4 comes out in bursts. Bursts of "I am nothing. I have no identity. I need to find an identity, quickly!" or bursts of "I need to express my true self more!". It's a more rare aspect of my life, but if the burst happens it's usually pretty impactful. I might quit a job, suddenly always do voice messages when I never did them before, suddenly get into some kind of diet. I don't know. Stuff like that. And I might also suddenly express my raw, weird thoughts more. Which usually makes people go like "????", because as I said, usually I am very put together.
That's sort of what I acquired from your video honestly, which is why I went with the 4 fix tbh. This is all pretty consistent with 9 core, some of the things you mentioned as 4 (ie. what I bolded in particular) is actually pretty characteristic of 94x combos (or 9x4 too, mostly 9 > 4 but 4 being present) combos, since 4 craves having a discernible identity and 9 is more fluid, prone to identification, and tends to be a bit disconnected from the passions to a degree (ie. rage, the sense of self; 9 I've found craves an identity because it feels it is lacking, 4 is more in contact with the identity than 9, but is longing for the ideal self which is why it seems so "searching").

It's funny, from the way you spoke (especially your emphasis 1 on 1 interaction), I had a feeling you were going to say you were considering soc blind (although I suspected you would be more inclined to self type sp/sx)
The thing with the social instinct is interesting.
I always saw the social instinct as loving to hang out, loving to talk, loving groups, stuff like that. And I don't! My social energy is very, very introverted. I even did drugs/alcohol to open up more. Now I don't do that anymore and, well, I like hanging out 1 on 1... sometimes... for a few hours. Lol.
BUT still: society is always in my mind. Impacting it. Analyzing it.
And my way to do that is the internet. I only recently started being brave enough to show an actual online presence and I love it so far. I'm growing my IG account and want to grow on Youtube, too possibly. It's perfect for me. I can do everything I love about being social (sharing ideas, talking, discussing, showing, I can think more beforehand) without everything I hate (immediate reactions, no way to quickly get out of social situations without seeming weird,...). So it does kinda make sense.
Yeah, this is an incredibly common misconception and why many soc users (especially introverts) struggle to type themselves as such, so I can see where your confusion. In general, the instinctual variants have pretty crappy descriptions, but the soc instinct really takes the cake. In reality, the social instinct is really about having an awareness of how things are grouped together at a broad/human scale, an awareness (though not always adherence) to social pleasantries/virtues (ie. you should be polite and respectful to people when you first meet them, etc etc), caring about how your actions affect others on a broader scale and having that desire to "do good for the world" and be influential (for better as in doing good for the world, leading people in the "right" direction towards happiness or the inverse). It's the instinct that desires for connection, to not be separate for things even if it intrinsically feels that it does. It's worth considering that soc 4 (as a random example) is considered to be one of the most withdrawn 4s purely because of this feeling of being intrinsically separated from others, but being aware and bothered by it.

What you describe as soc there is actually is more consistent with extroversion. Most soc dom introverts (especially withdrawn cores such as 9, 4, or 5) have specifically mentioned that they cannot stand group settings or prolonged interaction either. What I bolded in particular seems to be motivated by soc (and the bottom most is a very common sentiment of it).

This isn't perfect, but if you're looking for resources, this site isn't too too awful at describing the social instinct.
Before you said that I thought about being Sx/Sp, because I always liked to merge with a partner and got very obsessed in relationships.
And Sp, well, I don't know. It's a constant interest in my life, but not a stressful one. It's kinda my comfort zone. People stress me lol.
I can see where you're coming from with this. In general, the feeling types as a whole tend to be pretty focused on relationships as a whole and 9 in particular is known to merge in the sense that you're describing. It'll be interesting to see what other feedback you receive for this thread.

Btw: I would hate to be a INFP 9w1, I would prefer any other type... maybe that also says something. :D
For instincts I'd hate to be So first. So maybe that also says something. I don't know.
Yeah this is a pretty common (and quite honestly) valid sentiment, in terms of the types currently being "bashed" by those interested in typology, it's INFP and it's soc (particularly so/sp more than sp/so I guess, sp/so just gets called boring and dry hahah). It doesn't help that descriptions of the social instinct are just plain awful 90% of the time. Generally speaking, I've often heard that the descriptions that hit you the hardest, seem like "the worst" is typically where our personality lays. This applies to the enneagram in particular since most descriptions are focused on the negative aspects of the type itself (since the system is supposedly for "self growth). I know that was my experience at least, I typed 6w5 core initially because it sounded like literally the worse type possible in the system and embodied so many things I hated about people and, by means of projection probably, myself. Even though I typed this out of self hatred, it ended up being right (unfortunately). INFP 9w1 certainly seems to be a combination noted by others to be incredibly pleasant though, so don't feel too too bad if that's the case (though I realize that's easier said then done).

Nonetheless, I could be off too; It'll be interesting to see what other feedback you get from this.

Buttahfly

Enneagram
Thank you! I've deleted the videos, because I wanted to start my own channel, but then I realized my video formats are for Instagram and not for Youtube at the moment, so yea... but anyways, it's fine!
Because INFP 9w1 is what I came up with years ago when I was interested in personality types years ago and now it's pretty clear to me again, so I'm gonna stick with it. I've explored the other types enough and talking to you also made things a bit clearer.
And yeaa, that plus viewing it as the "worst type to be" for me is the additional factor.

With the instincts I'm not gonna set on anything yet, as I'm not sure. From descriptions Sp/So matches well, but So/Sp is also a possibility. But that's what you already said, too and the whole So + introversion thing is still twisting my view. At the moment I relate to both equally, though my thoughts are more about society.

Also regarding health and nutrition.
Do I like to eat healthy and work out because it's good for my body and mind? Yes! And that's my only "official" reason.
But my main motivation, in the heat of the moment, is very often revolving around society, about fitting in, about getting pretty enough to more easily get influence and followers and attention.

I'll see... :)