• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please type me

Sarahjanelle

Questions from @RadicalDoubt
Context

a) What is your age range and general location (Country so that cultural values can be taken into account)? Do you have any impairments that may affect the way that you answer this questionnaire? Any religious or political beliefs (or anything else along those lines) that also might have an effect? I'm 26 and live in America. My pronouns are she/her and he/ him. I have PTSD, BPD, and Autism. I'm very spiritual and religious. I'm more on the liberal democratic side.

b) Which types are you currently considering? Why are you considering them and why haven’t you decided on one? I've always thought I'm either INFP or ISFP. But I could be any FP or any type really.

2) What do you deem as your purpose in life? To show unconditional love, to be kind, to learn, grow.

3) Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least and why? Sloth because I can have low energy sometimes.

4) Analyzing your relationships with others, briefly describe:

a) The type of people you are drawn to

Intelligent, usually more reserved or serious. Funny too
b) The type of people who are drawn to you

Serious or people who like to take advantage.
c) The type of people you are repulsed by

People who lack empathy and compassion.

5)What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate.
people who are outspoken and assertive I really admire. They just don't seem to care what other think. I care too much. I'm always accommodating, or conflict averse (I'm sure everyone is though to a degree). But it's really important to me to not rock the boat. I wish I was more assertive and just spoke my mind.

6) Describe your relationship with the following:

a) Anger
I've spent my entire life fighting this one. I come from a very chaotic, angry, unpredictable family. So I used to villianize anger. It wasn't until therapy I learned it has it's place, and every emotion has two sides.
b) Shame

c) Fear
I've always been a very nervous on edge person due to my upbringing.
d) Love/passion

e) Conflict

Very conflict-aversed
7) What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (ie. A struggle you’ve been unable to conquer, ect)?

Feeling alone, feeling unlovable, unworthy unless achieving something (value only in status, money, etc)
8) Answer only one of the following:

a) [College aged and above] What is your area of work/study? Why did you choose this and would you change it? If so, what would be your ideal?

I'm a meditation teacher. I wanted something that can help people. I'm very passionate about spirituality, health, helping people through their emotio and traumas, but is also practical. And I think meditation has all that wrapped in one. It has health benefits, but it's practical, but you can also go deep. It's greatly impacted my life.
b)[Under college aged] What do you plan on studying/working as in the future? How did you go about deciding this? If this is not your ideal area of pursuit, what would be?

9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on?

Visually what they look like (I'm not judging, I'm just a very visual person). And what makes them tick. I want to know their interests, passions, hobbies. I love getting in someone's head and learning their perspective lol

10) How do you feel about humanity as a whole? What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why?

I have mixed feelings lol. I try to love everyone unconditionally, because I personally feel (by no means am I pushes my beliefs,to each their own) that God or the universe sees us that way, so I want to emulate that, because that's probably needed more than ever. There seem to be a lack of compassion that can be disheartening, but I think it comes from pain, so I don't take it personally.

11) What are some of your hobbies and interests? I'm a huge book-worm, always reading, meditating, listening to music, taking walks, diving into a topic I love.

13) How do you usually “hang out†with your friend(s)? When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction. I don't usually initiate. Sometimes I prefer groups because I love to bounce off everyone. It's easier because I'm quiet. I do love being around people often, I just don't need to talk, unless it's a group. I prefer to do an activity with someone, but I'll do whatever they want of course. I can also be alone,and enjoy my alone time too.

14) What is more important, actions or words? Why? Words because words of affirmation is very important to me. I like to hear I'm appreciated or loved.

15) Oh dear, you’ve been cursed by a witch! It’s ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive. Will you choose….

a) To never be able to experience the sensation of taste
b) To be immortal
c) To lose your memories
d) To be poor for the rest of your life
e) Or to never experience passion
Elaborate on why!

Lololol 😂 ok. I would choose c because then I wouldn't have trauma.
16) What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoid/you as a villain, ect.

To become cold, not loving. Narrow-minded, judgemental.

17) How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this?

I can have an obsessive personality lol. I definitely merge with those around me unless I think it doesn't make sense I question, even debate. Or I will be stubborn for what I believe in. Peop have always told me I'm stubborn. I feel like I'm full of paradoxes, because on the one hand I can be all about harmony and keeping the peace, on the other I can be stubborn and I won't do anything I think is wrong. But if you know anything about BPD, people with it can have what's called a 'favorite person' (can be any relation). So that makes it complicated too.

18) Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are you preferences and tendencies?

Organized. I love to clean and keep things clean. I don't like to plan unless it's moving, but everything else in life I'm ok with living each and day and winging it. I love for today.

19) How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surrounding

I love, love, love comfort. I feel like comfort and peace is elusive and something I've always been trying to find. I think that's why I started meditating. I realized through my practice, you can't count on the world or even other people for those things. I've learned that the hard way. You must find inner peace and comfort within. I know it's easier said then done, and hopefully can be that for others until it's easier to find it inside yourself.

Thanks for reading and I hope all who see this have a great day! 😀😊

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Would you be able to write up a description of yourself? I don't type well by questionnaires.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For enneagram, my best guess is 9w1, a very rough guess which could be wrong of sp/so. Perhaps 963 or 926.

Sarahjanelle

Would you be able to write up a description of yourself? I don't type well by questionnaires.
I don't know how to describe myself very well, and it's only my perception of myself, so I could be wrong.

If you want to know something, I can answer if you like.

I guess if I tried to describe myself, I'm shy, loud, I think I'm silly and funny (although others probably don't lol), caring, nurturing, I want to be loving above all else, accommodating yet stubborn, overthinker, analyzer (is that a word?), very spiritual.

I hope that helps. If not feel free to ask questions.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I don't know how to describe myself very well, and it's only my perception of myself, so I could be wrong.

If you want to know something, I can answer if you like.

I guess if I tried to describe myself, I'm shy, loud, I think I'm silly and funny (although others probably don't lol), caring, nurturing, I want to be loving above all else, accommodating yet stubborn, overthinker, analyzer (is that a word?), very spiritual.

I hope that helps. If not feel free to ask questions.
The start of this post sounds Si, but the description is very Ne, with a Feeling slant.

Did you write the post all at once, or was the description copy pasted?

I have a feeling you're NeFi, maybe FiNe, but I need to see a longer post so I can see how all the function run in order.

There's nothing specific I want to know, so I don't have any questions, but a longer post talking about anything would be good.

Sarahjanelle

The start of this post sounds Si, but the description is very Ne, with a Feeling slant.

Did you write the post all at once, or was the description copy pasted?

I have a feeling you're NeFi, maybe FiNe, but I need to see a longer post so I can see how all the function run in order.

There's nothing specific I want to know, so I don't have any questions, but a longer post talking about anything would be good.
I wrote it out at once. I did hesitate to edit or rearrange, but decided to leave it.

I'm sorry, I don't say much. I wouldn't know where to begin.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I wrote it out at once. I did hesitate to edit or rearrange, but decided to leave it.

I'm sorry, I don't say much. I wouldn't know where to begin.
Ok, well I just checked my NeFi hypothesis against your questionnaire, and it seems to check out.

So I'm gonna vote for NeFi. Your description is in alignment with that type.

Your meditation practice seems to relate to 5th function Ni.

Sarahjanelle

Ok, well I just checked my NeFi hypothesis against your questionnaire, and it seems to check out.

So I'm gonna vote for NeFi. Your description is in alignment with that type.

Your meditation practice seems to relate to 5th function Ni.
Thanks

junathan

Hmm, I think you're FeSi. You seem to care a lot about what others feel, and you chose to be a meditation guru because you want to help others through their emotional traumas, so that points to Fe. Plus, you love doing things with people. Although you don't necessarily wanna talk, but you enjoy being around people, so that seems to scream Fe.
Si because you like to be organized. Although I don't have any strong evidence to prove this. Hmm, but if I were to make a guess, I'd say you're someone who has a daily routine, and would feel uncomfortable if sudden changes disrupted your expectation of your day.

Sarahjanelle

Hmm, I think you're FeSi. You seem to care a lot about what others feel, and you chose to be a meditation guru because you want to help others through their emotional traumas, so that points to Fe. Plus, you love doing things with people. Although you don't necessarily wanna talk, but you enjoy being around people, so that seems to scream Fe.
Si because you like to be organized. Although I don't have any strong evidence to prove this. Hmm, but if I were to make a guess, I'd say you're someone who has a daily routine, and would feel uncomfortable if sudden changes disrupted your expectation of your day.
That's very true

Sarahjanelle

Oh ya @Sarahjanelle, idk if you mind doing personality tests or not, but just thought I'd share this with you. Found it on some personality facebook group the other day, and thought you might find some insights from here. Personality Ninja
I took the test and it said it couldn't find a type for me lol 😆 ( I know I have a contradictory personality but wow).

But it gave suggestions for most likely type. The top result was Sage. I definitely relate 100% to the Sage description. Very accurate.

junathan

I took the test and it said it couldn't find a type for me lol 😆 ( I know I have a contradictory personality but wow).

But it gave suggestions for most likely type. The top result was Sage. I definitely relate 100% to the Sage description. Very accurate.
That’s great! Do you understand the code?

junathan

I tried reading about the NXT personality theory, but I couldn't find a correlation to mbti. Or I didn't understand. It's interesting tho
Yeah, it's hard to find a correlation to MBTI because they are two different personality systems. The only relation I can think of is probably the cognitive functions. But even then it's different, since NXT introduces function stacks like EEII/IIEE that can't be found in MBTI.

But don't be discouraged! If you're interested in the theory, it will take some time to grasp it because it's completely new.

I'm also struggling to piece the puzzles together right now, especially with the Type Drive of NXT, which I find really interesting.
It says that our traditional understanding of extraversion (talking and engaging others) and introversion (being more withdrawn) has less to do with each individual cognitive function, and more to do with the combination of cognitive functions. Meaning to say, Ti/Fi doms don't necessarily have to have an introverted personality. For example, If a TiNe is Interact second (which means they activate their Fe + Ne functions more often), then they can be mistaken as extraverts as they would naturally interact more with others.

I hope I'm not boring you with the technicalities haha, but if you're interested, here's where I got it from:

Last edited:

Sarahjanelle

Yeah, it's hard to find a correlation to MBTI because they are two different personality systems. The only relation I can think of is probably the cognitive functions. But even then it's different, since NXT introduces function stacks like EEII/IIEE that can't be found in MBTI.

But don't be discouraged! If you're interested in the theory, it will take some time to grasp it because it's completely new.

I'm also struggling to piece the puzzles together right now, especially with the Type Drive of NXT, which I find really interesting.
It says that our traditional understanding of extraversion (talking and engaging others) and introversion (being more withdrawn) has less to do with each individual cognitive function, and more to do with the combination of cognitive functions. Meaning to say, Ti/Fi doms don't necessarily have to have an introverted personality. For example, If a TiNe is Interact second (which means they activate their Fe + Ne functions more often), then they can be mistaken as extraverts as they would naturally interact more with others.

I hope I'm not boring you with the technicalities haha, but if you're interested, here's where I got it from:
Thanks

Ponsi3

papa's pizzeria

Thanks for help