• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Music Preference Test

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Music Psychometrics

I got:
Your score for Upbeat & Conventional was 105. Music from this cluster is found in the genres country, gospel, and bluegrass.
Your score for Soothing & Wistful was 122. Music from this cluster is found in the genres alternative, indie rock and roll, and folk.
Your score for Lyrical & Beating was 85. Music from this cluster is found in the genres rap and hip-hop.
Your score for Energetic & Rhythmic was 91. Music from this cluster is found in the genres EDM and techno.
Your score for Intense & Rebellious was 127. Music from this cluster is found in the genres rock-and-roll, punk, and metal.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Your score for Upbeat & Conventional was 96. Music from this cluster is found in the genres country, gospel, and bluegrass.
Your score for Soothing & Wistful was 125. Music from this cluster is found in the genres alternative, indie rock and roll, and folk.
Your score for Lyrical & Beating was 110. Music from this cluster is found in the genres rap and hip-hop.
Your score for Energetic & Rhythmic was 91. Music from this cluster is found in the genres EDM and techno.
Your score for Intense & Rebellious was 109. Music from this cluster is found in the genres rock-and-roll, punk, and metal.

Eh? I'm surprised Rap was high on that list? Interesting, not a huge range here...

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Your score for Upbeat & Conventional was 81. Music from this cluster is found in the genres country, gospel, and bluegrass.
Your score for Soothing & Wistful was 112. Music from this cluster is found in the genres alternative, indie rock and roll, and folk.
Your score for Lyrical & Beating was 119. Music from this cluster is found in the genres rap and hip-hop.
Your score for Energetic & Rhythmic was 111. Music from this cluster is found in the genres EDM and techno.
Your score for Intense & Rebellious was 82. Music from this cluster is found in the genres rock-and-roll, punk, and metal.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Your score for Upbeat & Conventional was 81. Music from this cluster is found in the genres country, gospel, and bluegrass.
Your score for Soothing & Wistful was 75. Music from this cluster is found in the genres alternative, indie rock and roll, and folk.
Your score for Lyrical & Beating was 105. Music from this cluster is found in the genres rap and hip-hop.
Your score for Energetic & Rhythmic was 97. Music from this cluster is found in the genres EDM and techno.
Your score for Intense & Rebellious was 93. Music from this cluster is found in the genres rock-and-roll, punk, and metal.

Didn't find any single clip in the song samples that I liked.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Your score for Upbeat & Conventional was 96. Music from this cluster is found in the genres country, gospel, and bluegrass.
Your score for Soothing & Wistful was 99. Music from this cluster is found in the genres alternative, indie rock and roll, and folk.
Your score for Lyrical & Beating was 112. Music from this cluster is found in the genres rap and hip-hop.
Your score for Energetic & Rhythmic was 89. Music from this cluster is found in the genres EDM and techno.
Your score for Intense & Rebellious was 90. Music from this cluster is found in the genres rock-and-roll, punk, and metal.

Interesting idea, but it didn't work out particularly well for me. Also I don't understand why it said that I like rap when I consistently disliked many of the rap ones.

The songs seemed to be mostly either pop, country, or rap, with very little other styles presented.

----

Edit: By the way, if you want to know what any of the songs are, click the button to download them. Then, right click on the file and view the song and artist in the properties.

Here is one of my favorites from the lot:

Edit 2: I seem to like a lot of the songs better when I listen to more than a 6 second clip! Really digging some of these electronic tracks. :)

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Your score for Upbeat & Conventional was 118. Music from this cluster is found in the genres country, gospel, and bluegrass.
Your score for Soothing & Wistful was 112. Music from this cluster is found in the genres alternative, indie rock and roll, and folk.
Your score for Lyrical & Beating was 123. Music from this cluster is found in the genres rap and hip-hop.
Your score for Intense & Rebellious was 90. Music from this cluster is found in the genres rock-and-roll, punk, and metal.

I liked most of the music samples. Weird that rap and hip-hop is so high and electronic music is so low. It should be the opposite. Fun test though.

EDIT: I tried retaking the test without answering any of the questions. Results:

Your score for Upbeat & Conventional was 66. Music from this cluster is found in the genres country, gospel, and bluegrass.
Your score for Soothing & Wistful was 46. Music from this cluster is found in the genres alternative, indie rock and roll, and folk.
Your score for Lyrical & Beating was 58. Music from this cluster is found in the genres rap and hip-hop.
Your score for Energetic & Rhythmic was 64. Music from this cluster is found in the genres EDM and techno.
Your score for Intense & Rebellious was 64. Music from this cluster is found in the genres rock-and-roll, punk, and metal.

Interesting.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Your score for Upbeat & Conventional was 103. Music from this cluster is found in the genres country, gospel, and bluegrass.
Your score for Soothing & Wistful was 109. Music from this cluster is found in the genres alternative, indie rock and roll, and folk.
Your score for Lyrical & Beating was 98. Music from this cluster is found in the genres rap and hip-hop.
Your score for Energetic & Rhythmic was 82. Music from this cluster is found in the genres EDM and techno.
Your score for Intense & Rebellious was 97. Music from this cluster is found in the genres rock-and-roll, punk, and metal.

Interesting idea, but it didn't work out particularly well for me. Also I don't understand why it said that I like rap when I consistently disliked many of the rap ones.

The songs seemed to be mostly either pop, country, or rap, with very little other styles presented.
I know what you mean. There wasn't much in my preferred genres. :laugh:

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know what you mean. There wasn't much in my preferred genres. :laugh:

Agree. But I thought it was fun. It's particularly odd there was nothing approaching classical music at all.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Agree. But I thought it was fun. It's particularly odd there was nothing approaching classical music at all.
I hadn't even thought of that. :doh:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your score for Soothing & Wistful was 75. Music from this cluster is found in the genres alternative, indie rock and roll, and folk.
Your score for Lyrical & Beating was 105. Music from this cluster is found in the genres rap and hip-hop.
Your score for Energetic & Rhythmic was 97. Music from this cluster is found in the genres EDM and techno.
Your score for Intense & Rebellious was 93. Music from this cluster is found in the genres rock-and-roll, punk, and metal.

Didn't find any single clip in the song samples that I liked.
Same here.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Music Psychometrics Project: Results of the Musical Preferences Test

The musical preferences test measures fives scales. Scores are normalized so that the average score on each scale is 100 (like IQ scores).

Your score for Upbeat & Conventional was 88. Music from this cluster is found in the genres country, gospel, and bluegrass.

Your score for Soothing & Wistful was 104. Music from this cluster is found in the genres alternative, indie rock and roll, and folk.

Your score for Lyrical & Beating was 87. Music from this cluster is found in the genres rap and hip-hop.

Your score for Energetic & Rhythmic was 74. Music from this cluster is found in the genres EDM and techno.

Your score for Intense & Rebellious was 88. Music from this cluster is found in the genres rock-and-roll, punk, metal.

None off the songs I heard I found enjoyable. I do like these musicians. Adele, Aerosmith, Dio, Foreigner, Great White, Heart, Billy Idol, Judas Priest, Michael Jackson, Led Zeppelin, Elvis Presley, Rhianna, Scorpions, Temptations and Whitesnake are some of my favorite artist’s.

phoenix31

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I don't like this test. It doesn't have enough variety of genre and even though I hit strongly dislike on all of the country and bluegrass it gave me a score in the 70's.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I don't like this test. It doesn't have enough variety of genre and even though I hit strongly dislike on all of the country and bluegrass it gave me a score in the 70's.

I think the scoring system begins at 100 and then adds or subtracts numbers based on your responses. I don't know if it's possible to score 0 on anything.

phoenix31

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I think the scoring system begins at 100 and then adds or subtracts numbers based on your responses. I don't know if it's possible to score 0 on anything.

Yeah, but how do I end up with a 70 if I strongly disliked all of them? Also, it was almost all rap and country with a couple other things thrown in. Blech.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx

True. There is nothing cultural either.
Though I am thrilled that because this piqued my interest, I ended up finding the name for one my favorite types of music: opera metal. I also found new bands I love. :headphne:

Honestly, I love most anything with a heavy bass but add the contrasting soprano voice and wow. Gold.

HoneyBlossom

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Your score for Upbeat & Conventional was 100. Music from this cluster is found in the genres country, gospel, and bluegrass.

Your score for Soothing & Wistful was 109. Music from this cluster is found in the genres alternative, indie rock and roll, and folk.

Your score for Lyrical & Beating was 103. Music from this cluster is found in the genres rap and hip-hop.

Your score for Energetic & Rhythmic was 95. Music from this cluster is found in the genres EDM and techno.

Your score for Intense & Rebellious was 86. Music from this cluster is found in the genres rock-and-roll, punk, and metal.

Your score for Upbeat & Conventional was 85. Music from this cluster is found in the genres country, gospel, and bluegrass.

Your score for Soothing & Wistful was 88. Music from this cluster is found in the genres alternative, indie rock and roll, and folk.

Your score for Lyrical & Beating was 85. Music from this cluster is found in the genres rap and hip-hop.

Your score for Energetic & Rhythmic was 88. Music from this cluster is found in the genres EDM and techno.

Your score for Intense & Rebellious was 95. Music from this cluster is found in the genres rock-and-roll, punk, and metal.

Wow. And that’s giving neutral as my highest praise for only a few tracks. I realize this could be a case of not disliking a genre but instead disliking the examples given. I really dislike rap and country and the various sub genres of both and they seemed very prominent here. Of course both are statistically the most popular radio formats in the U.S. (I think country may still be the most popular?).

I generally like rock, electronic, blues, jazz, alternative, world, medieval and renaissance and whatever sub labels you want to slap on all these. And classical, which is completely missing here? How? Why? That’s like having a candy store without any chocolate!

Interesting quiz but I’d rather be given a list of bands under their perspective categories and score things that way.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I generally like rock, electronic, blues, jazz, alternative, world, medieval and renaissance and whatever sub labels you want to slap on all these. And classical, which is completely missing here? How? Why? That’s like having a candy store without any chocolate!

Interesting quiz but I’d rather be given a list of bands under their perspective categories and score things that way.
I probably wouldn't know who most of the bands were. At least the sound clips gave me some idea.

I agree about all the missing genres. My usual preferences were almost completely missing. Your comparison with chocolate is right on the mark - couldn't have said it better myself.

I probably wouldn't know who most of the bands were. At least the sound clips gave me some idea.

I agree about all the missing genres. My usual preferences were almost completely missing. Your comparison with chocolate is right on the mark - couldn't have said it better myself.

I suppose that’s true about recognizing bands. I’m ill informed about the current music scenes. I have a fairly eclectic taste in music but most of the things I listen to are from acts that have been around for a few decades at least. Being in my 40’s, none of that is terribly surprising I guess.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I suppose that’s true about recognizing bands. I’m ill informed about the current music scenes. I have a fairly eclectic taste in music but most of the things I listen to are from acts that have been around for a few decades at least. Being in my 40’s, none of that is terribly surprising I guess.
I was ill informed about the current bands when I was a teenager even. All I knew was that what I heard the other kids listening to, didn't appeal to me at all.