• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Love is Just a Wing Away

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You would totally date Nico which tells me this theory is dead-on if Nico was a 5w6.

No ... But Nico would date me if I were a handsome gay man. He told me so. :}

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I find e2s too smothering and reactive. 4s are a hit of miss. My ideal would be an e5 IXTX type.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You must be mistyped then haha. Isn't that love though EJCC? Being fascinated and repulsed at the same time? haha (actually I do think they say that successful relationships merely means you are both fascinated and repulsed with each other at the same time :wink:)
Yeah, TBH the things that bother me are probably similarities to my own behavior -- magnifications of things that I don't like about myself. In which case I am 100% typed correctly.

Starry

On the topic of mistypes, have you ever considered something other than 7w6? I have you @ 6w7cp-2w3/3w2-1w2. I could be wrong. The desire for freedom is a generic head triad problem.

I actually did type as 6w7cp for a while but it never felt quite right. And don't get me wrong...I wanted to be one so badly...being far too intellectual to be a 7 and all (I'm a grown-up btw).

I started to study the hell out of 6 to prove...not disprove my uninformed self-typing but oh well. I know you don't agree with any of my typings Duffy...it's okay. (I always say that you don't need to know a person well to type them but dude...1, 2 or 3 for me?)

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
TTheorist above did say "Ew" about 9 with 8...

As an angel, I can appreciate that sort of shit taste.

(Instead of a typer I totally want to be a matchmaker now...like a creepy, old gypsy-styled one with cataracts and boney fingers...you know?)

My vote is yours.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I do want to be sandwiched by bad boys. ;) I prefer 8w9 though; 6w7 is hit or miss. NTJ sx 8w9 is good fap fuel, especially if they're female. But I'm not picky with people -- as long as they aren't boring.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
...maybe. If we go by traditional MBTI compatibility as well, a 6w7 ESxP would be an interesting match. 5w4 anything...perhaps.

Last edited:

Duffy

I actually did type as 6w7cp for a while but it never felt quite right. And don't get me wrong...I wanted to be one so badly...being far too intellectual to be a 7 and all (I'm a grown-up btw).

I started to study the hell out of 6 to prove...not disprove my uninformed self-typing but oh well. I know you don't agree with any of my typings Duffy...it's okay. (I always say that you don't need to know a person well to type them but dude...1, 2 or 3 for me?)

i don't have much time, so i threw down some quick n' dirty on why:

e1: incessant need to correct. to teach. lay down personal shoulds as universal shoulds: the ability to take criticism of typing and not get butthurt (paraphrased) - "if you can dish it, you can take it." care a little too much about whether others are doing it right to be an 8.

e2/3: calling out mistypes under the guise of helping. you seem to take a lot of pride in your knowledge / ability to the point of being pushy. have an ease at which you influence people and appear quite popular. ease at expressing positive feelings - 2s have an advantage at this compared to 3 and 4s in the heart center. there's some intelligence surrounding what appeals. take people under your wing. take care of em, be loved AND admired, "goddess"

6: aside from your counterphobic persona, i've never seen an enfp 7 go on a re-typing witch hunt the way you do. once again, the incessant need to correct others and the presumption you know more than the identity murky 6s. why? because you're the only one that studied thoroughly without ego delusions? some push/pull... you play coy and makes excuses / justifications when confronted with demand for an explanation (prolly more 7wing here as it appears like you've put the cart before the horse and backpedaling to save face.) dont quote me on this one: I think you've admitted to jumping in to defend percieved bullying (keyword here is "perceived" - an important distinction). and the constant ifs and but's plastered all over your posts.

i know i've come across a familiar personality too, but not sure if here or personalitycafe ....
found it. post #15, here you go.
---------------------

i've agreed with some of your typings and i respect you. i don't know you personally and like i said, could totally be off. and while i fancy your istp typing of me, and can get behind the whys superficially, like with you - it's not a good fit. external sensing is a sore spot, and a criticism. physical stimulation seeking is a recent thing, re:istx. there's also the neurosis correlation (see: maladaptive daydreaming / languid schizoid)

Starry

i don't have much time, so i threw down some quick n' dirty on why:

e1: incessant need to correct. to teach. lay down personal shoulds as universal shoulds: the ability to take criticism of typing and not get butthurt (paraphrased) - "if you can dish it, you can take it." care a little too much about whether others are doing it right to be an 8.

e2/3: calling out mistypes under the guise of helping. you seem to take a lot of pride in your knowledge / ability to the point of being pushy. have an ease at which you influence people and appear quite popular. ease at expressing positive feelings - 2s have an advantage at this compared to 3 and 4s in the heart center. there's some intelligence surrounding what appeals. take people under your wing. take care of em, be loved AND admired, "goddess"

6: aside from your counterphobic persona, i've never seen an enfp 7 go on a re-typing witch hunt the way you do. once again, the incessant need to correct others and the presumption you know more than the identity murky 6s. why? because you're the only one that studied thoroughly without ego delusions? some push/pull... you play coy and makes excuses / justifications when confronted with demand for an explanation (prolly more 7wing here as it appears like you've put the cart before the horse and backpedaling to save face.) dont quote me on this one: I think you've admitted to jumping in to defend percieved bullying (keyword here is "perceived" - an important distinction). and the constant ifs and but's plastered all over your posts.

i know i've come across a familiar personality too, but not sure if here or personalitycafe ....
found it. post #15, here you go.
---------------------

i've agreed with some of your typings and i respect you. i don't know you personally and like i said, could totally be off. and while i fancy your istp typing of me, and can get behind the whys superficially, like with you - it's not a good fit. external sensing is a sore spot, and a criticism. physical stimulation seeking is a recent thing, re:istx. there's also the neurosis correlation (see: maladaptive daydreaming / languid schizoid)

Um Duffy...when I read this...the first thing that comes to my mind is "she's not in on the joke." I mean, that's the only explanation I can arrive at... Like, you're not getting that like 75% of what I say is tongue-in-cheek. I think maybe with you...you really do need to know the person better before you attempt typing them.

**I also kinda think you might be projecting a little too. And I'll just be not tongue-in-cheek in this moment and say I don't know why you connected me to a post on the Seeker 469 if you think I'm 6-3/2-1 <-edit but you know I don't care to know the answer to this because I no longer trust your judgment and you're starting to piss me off because the more I go over our short history together in my mind the more I recognize this is your issue...like you have some sort of issue with me and I'm kinda sick of your little cutting comments. Go away.

This just seems like a big pat on the back self congratulatory ass kissing thread.

I don't recall ever asking you about your past. ;)

Speaking of throw ups, what's with the avatar?

Cockblock me again Starry. That's #2 now.

I notice you make an effort to use that word these last couple of instances. Does that word trigger you? Did your mother drop your head on a bunch of lego blocks when you were younger?

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

But you didn't type as 6w5cp? ;)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So this is an actual *thing*. It's just a bit unfortunate that I read about this thing long before I noticed it was a thing for me and have no recollection of where, what, when, why and how I came about this information...hopefully someone else has heard of it.

But apparently, someone-somewhere thinks compatibility is just a wing away... so for me as a 7w6...I would be well matched with 6w5 and 8w7. And I do find that I feel an affinity with...not so much the Ps...but the Js at 6w5 and 8w7.

So I was just wondering if anyone else feels a sense of compatibility/connection with their wing away points?

I've never heard of the theory. I think some of the people I've gotten along with best in life were possible wing-away types.

Starry

I've never heard of the theory. I think some of the people I've gotten along with best in life were possible wing-away types.

Thanks so much Mal. I was actually looking for a response from you because I know how knowledgeable you are.

I feel like there's something in here that might "mathematically" make sense but am still at a bit of a loss. Thanks again.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks so much Mal. I was actually looking for a response from you because I know how knowledgeable you are.

I feel like there's something in here that might "mathematically" make sense but am still at a bit of a loss. Thanks again.

My first thought about it is that affinity is sometimes a one-way street, if you consider it a feeling that is not returned by the other person. There could be cross-affinity between wing-away types. And there could be one-way affinity between one type and another type that isn't a wing-away type.

Starry

My first thought about it is that affinity is sometimes a one-way street, if you consider it a feeling that is not returned by the other person. There could be cross-affinity between wing-away types. And there could be one-way affinity between one type and another type that isn't a wing-away type.

I love it when people provide a new way of looking at something that has become stagnant in my mind! I hadn't thought of it this way and don't think I would have come up with it on my own. Thanks!

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So this is an actual *thing*. It's just a bit unfortunate that I read about this thing long before I noticed it was a thing for me and have no recollection of where, what, when, why and how I came about this information...hopefully someone else has heard of it.

But apparently, someone-somewhere thinks compatibility is just a wing away... so for me as a 7w6...I would be well matched with 6w5 and 8w7. And I do find that I feel an affinity with...not so much the Ps...but the Js at 6w5 and 8w7.

So I was just wondering if anyone else feels a sense of compatibility/connection with their wing away points?

Insufficient experience to say.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This response is not insufficient though. I love hearing about people's experiences either way.

Besides having a friend who was a girl who I was attracted to at one point, I've never formally dated. I've had a couple of close friends who were female, but I've never gone beyond just doing a few things with them before circumstances split our life paths. In my experience, though, I go for people similar to myself.