• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Good cover songs

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
and the first post by [MENTION=19700]Anaximander[/MENTION] reminded me that I absolutely love this cover! :laugh:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
God, that cover by Shatner is so bad it's almost good.

he's like a Leonard Cohen wannabe without any skill.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nimoy, OTH, had a decent voice. A bit smokey, reminds me of a less trained version of old MOR singers like Engelbert Humperdink or something. Or maybe I'm hearing a bit of Lee Hazelwood in his voice.

Spiner sang too, apparently.

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

I prefer the fan made video vs. the official

Dorito

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I get some flak on occasion from friends and family for admitting I think Miley Cyrus is actually a decent pop singer and probably unfairly treated.

She acts out, but then, she's been in the public eye since childhood. And, though I may not agree with everything she does, she has a great voice!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Never gonna give up your teen spirit. Mash up song between Nirvana and Rick Astley. Better together than either song a part.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Everything by Scott Bradlee and the Post-Modern Jukebox. Miley Cyrus covering Jolene.

I can't believe I forgot about Pin Ups! :doh:

Also Rufus Wainwright's version of Across the Universe. I like this live version though with Sean Lennon and Moby. Oddly enough, I think all three of their voices complement each other quite well.

And of course, Jeff Buckley's version of Hallelujah.

This would probably be considered a terrible cover by many, but I think it's pretty awesome. She's a trained opera singer too, but gives a half-assed attempt like someone singing drunk karaoke. It's Nina Hagen though, so I guess it's somewhat expected, but at least she brings her own creative flair to it. I think I like it better than the Bauhaus cover. Hahaha.

Eh, what the hell. Here's Bauhaus' version too.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tori Amos covering Slayer: just as weird as you'd expect, and ten times as amazing.