• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

“Perception is created by the mind. If we change our perception, we can then change our experienced reality.”

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
“Perception is created by the mind. If we change our perception, we can then change our experienced reality.” LightSun

“Reality is created by the mind, we can change our reality by changing our mind.” Plato

“We have an inner reality experienced and an outer reality. The term for this is our inner phenomenological universe. Everybody has different life lessons to learn and all must take an independent path to further understanding.

I’ve grown with my gift of insight in both depth and breadth of my understanding of myself, others and the world we live in.

I like the Hinduism saying that many paths lead up to the mountain. I’ve grown with my gift of insight in both depth and breadth of my understanding of myself, others and the world we live in.

Ultimate truth and ultimate reality we shall never perceive in totality. However with more insight I perceive more pieces of the tapestry or mosaic of life.

My crystal lens of perception has grown clearer and ever wider in understanding. more pieces of the tapestry, puzzle or mosaic of life. My crystal lens of perception has grown clearer and ever wider in understanding.” LightSun

I can’t stand hypocrisy. I have said learning all of the religious as well secular quotes of wisdom will not make you wise.

When push comes to shove, people when triggered will revert to their emotional primitive base nature., One can not teach wisdom.

My wife and I come from a counseling field. I greatly admire Carl Jung. He was a very insightful man. Many of his insightful wisdoms I have discovered for myself.

I don’t believe society will evolve until we learn the dynamics of the unconscious. Carl. Jung said that until we make the unconscious conscious, we will never evolve.

Plato too with his philosopher kings (An archaic term) become lovers of wisdom, society will not evolve and move forward.,

Our technology has grown. We really have not evolved psychologically, emotionally, or spiritually. I can’t substantiate this, what I am about to share.

This. Is metaphorical. We seem to have values that have been appeared to us in countless times and cultures.

When I have an insight I will not drink, eat or go the bathroom until that insight has been fleshed out. When I write, I reach a mental plateau. I feel a heightened state of consciousness and am in an endorphin ‘Flow’ state.

I’ve written when I seek to gain an insight, I go down into the depths of my Ocean of consciousness. I search for ever illusive truths.

When I grasp an insight I rise from the depths of my unconscious to the surface. I then share my insights with my Soul Brothers and Soul Sisters.

As I’ve grown with the gift of insight, my perception of reality has grown in depth and breadth of understanding of myself, others and the world we live in.

Nobody becomes fully enlightened. However with my insights I have added missing pieces of the puzzle, mosaic or painting becoming more clear.” LightSun

FlamingSword

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
“Reality is created by the mind, we can change our reality by changing our mind.” Plato
Reality cannot be completely perceived or comprehended. To humans, reality can only be relative. What we know as 'reality' is determined by whatever is accessible to our minds. If the mind is changed, then it is possible that reality can be perceived from an alternative angle. However, I tend to think that hardware matters as well. We are wired to perceive the four-dimensional space (with time as the 4th dimension), so if reality is in fact 10-dimensional, to us, it still appears as 4-dimensional. We won't be able to change the perception until the human body is upgraded in some way.

“We have an inner reality experienced and an outer reality. The term for this is our inner phenomenological universe. Everybody has different life lessons to learn and all must take an independent path to further understanding.
Every individual is like a planet, a solar system, a galaxy, a constellation, or, a universe. Everyone represents a unique world. The inner reality, IMO, shares some common perceptions with others, however, it still exists in a unique way. For example, what scientists see is an alien solar system with a star and its planets revolving around it. What is observed is only the phenomenon or the representation of the truth. The system is governed by certain laws and principles, which may or may not be within our comprehension.

Empiricism strives for objectivity by appealing to what is common to our senses. However, subjectivity is not necessarily negative or unhelpful. Everyone's unique subjective perception and understanding of the universe contribute to the knowledge of reality and the truth. Subjective views thus matter and cannot be dismissed as personal or unscientific. They have their own values, although the value does not necessarily lie in science.

For example, to understand the cosmos, there is science but also, mythology. Just because science has explained the cosmos in scientific methods, does not mean mythology can be totally dismissed. Mythology may tell us what is beyond the reach of science.

Ultimate truth and ultimate reality we shall never perceive in totality.
One cannot possibly realize the complete perception or understanding of reality. Hence, nobody should claim to know the truth. Science, faith, and myths together, along with everyone's subjective realizations, lead toward the truth and help reveal the ultimate reality, or to borrow a Kantian concept - the thing in itself.

I don’t believe society will evolve until we learn the dynamics of the unconscious. Carl. Jung said that until we make the unconscious conscious, we will never evolve.

Plato too with his philosopher kings (An archaic term) become lovers of wisdom, society will not evolve and move forward.,
There are numerous mysteries waiting to be explored. Whether the human brain is a generator of ideas or simply a receiver, I think, still remains open to debate. Neuroscience reveals the brain waves during the cognitive processes, but they at best show intra-brain and brain-body coordination. There is hardly any evidence showing how different brain waves result in different ideas. It's not that simple. The relationship between brain waves and ideas remains a mystery. Maybe humans have already managed to turn part of the subconscious into the conscious, but there is still a long way to go.

The nature of ideas remains unknown and cannot be attributed to only material factors, e.g., hormones, brain waves, matters, etc.

Our technology has grown. We really have not evolved psychologically, emotionally, or spiritually.
Obstacles might be self-imposed by humans ourselves. Technology and science are good, but they become obstacles to progress when people start to believe in materialism and atheism, rejecting anything non-material. Spirituality helps reveal the truth but it acts as a hindrance when cults emerge, indoctrinating people to seek desires and wealth. Religion, esp. organized religions, becomes the dominant way of practicing spirituality. As those religions gain power and control, they begin to dictate thinking.

Whatever is rational or irrational, as soon as it begins to interfere with freedom, will become, more or less, obstacles.

Ultimately, the problem seems that humans have not really appreciated freedom and have the tendency to create idols, follow authority, and obey the powerful. In this sense, we remain as primitive as animals, blindly following.

Maybe, maybe, in the subconscious there lies paths to the truth, reality, and the thing in itself, whereas the conscious mostly shows phenomena and representations of the truth. We are already dazed and confused by the numerous representations, which obscure the underlying truth.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Is perception reality? I’ve made the statement even if I passionately think, feel and believe something to be true, does not necessitate that it is true unless it can be proven in the here and now and the results replicated.

“This series is called ‘Your Bleeped Up Brain.’ Episodes include:

Season 1
Episode 1. Deception Vision How we can’t always trust what we think we perceive.
Episode 2. Memory
Episode 3. Superstition The human brain is predisposed to fall prey to superstition.
Episode 4. Fact Vs. Fiction

Our brain filters in and out information on a daily basis for every human being on the planet. We can’t always trust what our brains tell us. In fact our brain lies to us.

Emotional Reasoning is a cognitive distortion. It’s just because I think, feel and believe something passionately does not mean it’s true.

Even if there is a God, to believe there is a God is Emotional Reasoning: a cognitive distortion because it can’t be proved. Correlations are not causation.

Saying there is no God is also Emotional Reasoning because you can’t disprove God exists.

Nevertheless the burden of proof is on those who make the ascertain. There isn’t proof. It’s only deeply felt, thought and believed.” LightSun

“I’ve often talked upon that human beings are hard wired, and predisposed to have supernatural beliefs.

Today on the channel ‘Story Television’ will air how our brains fool us a number of episodes. The ones I’ve described above.

“I’m watching the series now. Truth and reality of what we think, feel and believe is not always so.”

“My mind is blown away by viewing these experiments. Even knowing that they are trying to fool me in some way, I still can not predetermine how I’m fooled by these various experiments.

They’re designed to show how the brain fools us every day. In fact it’s only after they show specifically how they were able to fool us, that it made sense.

I laugh in good natured mirth how I got tricked even when expecting some devious underhandedness.

It’s incredible, I am mystified in watching this series. My reactions in continuing to watch the series is that I’ve continually stated that we can not trust our brain nor perceptions.

When I stats something, or is not mere opinion. It is based on sound research as well research methodology.

Apparently 16,000,000 people believe the moon landing was staged. I shake my head about the beliefs people have. It’s incredible,

I am mystified in watching this series. My reactions in continuing to watch the series is that I’ve continually stated that we can not trust our brain nor perceptions.

When I stats something, or is not mere opinion. It is based on sound research as well research methodology.

Apparently 16,000,000 people believe the moon landing was staged. I shake my head about the beliefs people have.”

Last edited: