User Tag List

View Poll Results: How do you rate this book?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • * (worst)

0 0%

0 0%

1 50.00%

0 0%
  • ***** (best)

1 50.00%
First 1234 Last

Sounds interesting highlander and good value.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by violett View Post
    A good example of Si would be when an individual can recall fact based detail with incredible accuracy which appears to be photographic memory. I worked with an attorney once who could recall an entire file he worked on to the extent that he could tell you exactly which book and page specific relevant information was located. And I am talking about the kind of information which most people would have had to take multiple notes to keep track of, it was almost as if his mind was organized like a filing cabinet and you requested a random piece of information from one of a hundred files in the cabinet and his mind flipped through the cabinets found the file flipped halfway through it and found the exact reference in a matter of seconds. It was really quite amazing (at least to me).
    Eh...that might be one example, I suppose, but I don't really think it's that great of one. The population of Si users in the world is enormous, and they don't all have photographic memories. It's usually not quite as impressive.

I'd almost wonder if it's better to describe Si as like Ne, but with things that have already happened or with stored knowledge. (In fact, Si and Ne are paired functions just as Se and Ni are.) You aren't going to be able to observe the introverted functions that well. They're directed inward after all. I would say that Si is used in relating stored information to other things, but then everyone does that...

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Eh...that might be one example, I suppose, but I don't really think it's that great of one. The population of Si users in the world is enormous, and they don't all have photographic memories. It's usually not quite as impressive.

I'd almost wonder if it's better to describe Si as like Ne, but with things that have already happened or with stored knowledge. (In fact, Si and Ne are paired functions just as Se and Ni are.) You aren't going to be able to observe the introverted functions that well. They're directed inward after all. I would say that Si is used in relating stored information to other things, but then everyone does that...
    I didn't mean to imply that all Si users have photographic memory. I'm not even sure the person I originally referenced actually has a photographic memory. The point was to make a comparison between and illustrate Si stored memory recall and what would appear to be photographic memory. And from what I have read about sensing introverted as a cognitive process those who use the function as a dominant process give the appearance of being more intelligent than they actually are because of their ability to retrieve information based in past experience quickly and with high levels of accuracy. I'm not writing a book on cognitive process so whether or not you thought it was a good example or not, is actually irrelevant to me.

Default Can You Spot It? Recognizing The 8 Cognitive Processes

Quote Originally Posted by violett View Post
    I didn't mean to imply that all Si users have photographic memory. I'm not even sure the person I originally referenced actually has a photographic memory. The point was to make a comparison between and illustrate Si stored memory recall and what would appear to be photographic memory. And from what I have read about sensing introverted as a cognitive process those who use the function as a dominant process give the appearance of being more intelligent than they actually are because of their ability to retrieve information based in past experience quickly and with high levels of accuracy. I'm not writing a book on cognitive process so whether or not you thought it was a good example or not, is actually irrelevant to me.
    Si seems to me to about identification, what is taking place what is happening within the self and within the experience of the out side would.

A subjective experiential phenomenon cognitive identification cognitive recollection pertaining to gathering information and identifying information.

The gut the hart the head may-all have expertise actions that may be developed via Si as with, all eight cognitive processes. If that makes sense.

But don't listen to me read a book on the subject, I am working on understanding it my self and can only shear that I think is taking place.

I am failing to communicate clearly. I am wondering if there is a possible connection or link between what one would think of as photographic memory and Si. And if a possible manifestation of dominant introverted sensing expressed in an individual could be considered the phenomenon of highly detailed and accurate memory recall known as photographic memory. I am not attempting to define the function itself.

Default Can You Spot It? Recognizing The 8 Cognitive Processes

Well I am going to take a wild intuitive guess and say that what I think maybe taking place is a spitting of attention. Si Ti And Te maybe working in unison as like a triplet. The N function maybe the part of attention that is hosting the action and both Ni & Ne maybe assisting in the translation of the transaction, the cognitive action of recalling and communicating the information or reporting the information to another Se.

I have witnessed people doing it and have asked questions, my house mate can do it she see's it in her mind like looking at a peace of paper that she can read, she reports this as to what is taking place when she exercises her photo graphic memory ability.

So what is my guesstimate of what is taking place Violett.

I could design a simple but complex ennea-grammatical model of it but that would take some effort and time.

I wish I remembered in which article I found the info I'm poorly attempting to regurgitate, so I could copy and directly quote.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

This is a good video that describes the program. Again, I think it's phenomenal.

It is a really good deal for what you get.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

That sounds really interesting

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KitchenFly View Post
    Si seems to me to about identification, what is taking place what is happening within the self and within the experience of the out side would.

A subjective experiential phenomenon cognitive identification cognitive recollection pertaining to gathering information and identifying information.

The gut the hart the head may-all have expertise actions that may be developed via Si as with, all eight cognitive processes. If that makes sense.

But don't listen to me read a book on the subject, I am working on understanding it my self and can only shear that I think is taking place.
    I've always seen Si as a cross-comparison machine, constantly checking that things are matching up to a subjective impression of experiences of 'what should be'.

The process is often recognisable but where it manifests isn't.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.