User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ISTP

Default How to earn trust and respect back from ISTJ?

I've recently seriously pissed off my ISTJ teacher, incomplete work being the main issue. Once you've lost the trust and respect of an ISTJ, is there any way to gain it back? (besides, of course, clearing all backlog) If so, how?

I really need help with this! Thanks in advance.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Your actions. Show them with tangible proof that you are trustworthy again. If your work is incomplete and that's why she has lost your respect, go up to her and explain why (yes, even if it was just laziness) and say that you will get it all done.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    I

^^Yes. Basically make sure you complete your work from now on. Also, don't expect the teacher to sympathize too much with you.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Plus consistency, which is why it may take time for the teacher to have faith in you. So "Prove it" and repeat several times.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

If you have done something wrong (or haven't done what was required of you), then just get it done right. I personally don't take apologies, if they are not backed-up with direct actions to fix the problem. But once the damages have been repaired, and you have proven that in future it won't happen again, I can forgive.

I think ISTJs will forgive quite easily, just as long as you show your willingness to play along.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

since the ISTJ is your teacher, they have to revise your work etc. start turning in all your work on time form now on, perhaps do any extra credits if offered. don't expect them to sympathize at all if you're still being late or turning assignments in late. they will most likely just deduct points or fail you.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Physically dominate this person in a sporting event.

that will earn you respect.

MBTI
    LoLz

Actions speak MUCH MUCH louder than words. You've essentially murdered his faith in you. Your only way to regain his trust is with sincere effort, excellent results and CONSISTENCY. I can't stress that enough. It's easy for someone to say anything in the spur of the moment or fake an action. However, it's nearly impossible for someone to make a sincere effort at doing something consistently, show good results and not be genuine about it.

If you have really done enough that he can't forgive you as "it was just a short ran mistake" then you are going to have to show consistency for a very long time. You have to rebuild the trust, and for ISTJs, it takes time...lots of it.

You can't

No I'm just kidding lol, but it is very hard to get me to forgive people, so yeah...I think you pretty much just screwed yourself there. He might forgive you, but he will never think of you the same way EVER again. Just explain to him why the work was incomplete, and remember to not inject any feelings into it, but at the same time, show him that you can do better. Hope this works out for you

MBTI
    INTP

It's impossible to know what if anything to take seriously on this site.