• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My Answers to the Typology Questionnaire (ISTP, INTP, ISTJ, or INTJ)?

CheesyTradition

MBTI Type
IxTJ
Enneagram
?
I'm also curious about other typology metrics like Enneagram or so/sx/...

1) Context:
a) What is your age range and general location (Country so that cultural values can be taken into account)? Do you have any impairments that may affect the way that you answer this questionnaire? Any religious or political beliefs (or anything else along those lines) that also might have an effect?

I'm 25, in the United States with a Korean upbringing. Orthodox Muslim but I grew up in an atheist, kind of pagan household.

b) Which types are you currently considering? Why are you considering them and why haven't you decided on one?

INTJ, I'm leaning around 80% INTJ. But I also have ISTJ, INTP, and ISTP on that list. I feel like the INTJ idea of control and learning fit me but the N/S dichotomy is always a sticking point for me since I don't know how much I conceptualize reality verses more abstract concepts.

2) What do you deem as your purpose in life?

To do good. Though, my understanding of it isn't to directly help others but to create and aid in systems. I don't really like interacting with others much in that sort of helping capacity, but more through resources and philosophy.

3) Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least and why?

Most: Wrath or Pride. Honestly this is easier than the Least related for me because I definitely get angry when unexpected issues come up and I do take pride in my academics or ideas I create, though I have humbled myself in regards to being wrong as I grew older.

Least: Lust or Envy. I don't really have that sort of desire in the same way that someone who might be high on lust might have, or it's very well suppressed. Same with Envy, I've never felt jealousy over another person's life. Maybe wanting to be wealthier like them or having a more stable situation but not in that I'd want their life, more that I have something to work for.

4) Analyzing your relationships with others, briefly describe:
a) The type of people you are drawn to

People with similar values to mine but are able to have deeper conversations about ideas or theories. I loved discussing political philosophy or theology with people in college.

b) The type of people who are drawn to you
To an extent, people who are also into discussing these things. But more frequently, people who like learning but maybe don't have that focused interest and just like bouncing ideas off of me or wanting to learn more about my ideas.

c) The type of people you are repulsed by
People who are very into artistic self expression or put too much emphasis on existing factual knowledge rather than potential avenues for exploration. The first type, I'm not repulsed by as much as we don't really click too often. Whereas for the second type, I try to avoid because conversations get annoying.

5)What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate.
Deep intellectual dives. I respect people who can really creatively create new theories and understand things super in depth. I don't feel like I'm able to do that as well, having done about half my PhD with professors who could do this like second nature and knew their discipline extremely well. The focus I think I respect more than anything else.

And I do admire being in touch with and understanding your emotions, as well as the emotions of others. It's something I don't strive for in myself but I do find it admirable.

6) Describe your relationship with the following:
a) Anger

I definitely have anger issues. I stew in it a lot internally and explode way more frequently than is healthy.

b) Shame
Shame is more external for me, in that it comes from looking stupid or unintelligent to others. I think nowadays my biggest source of shame is when I feel like I'm wasting time and aren't fulfilling my family duties as well as I should. I don't really feel any shame otherwise.

c) Fear
I think my biggest primal fear are things that can actually physically cause me pain, like large dogs. But I don't think I have many existential fears.

d) Love/passion
I have a hard time expressing love externally at all, and passion is very subdued for me. My expression of love is usually providing for or giving to my loved ones in the way of money, food, or gifts.

e) Conflict
I tend away from it but I do seek to win any conflict I'm in and sometimes start conflicts out of a perceived insult or attack. My lack of desire for conflict is a lot weaker than my desire to assert myself, though I do control it in professional settings obviously to a more appropriate way.

7) What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (ie. A struggle you've been unable to conquer, etc)?
Struggling with my sense of identity, the conflict between expectations from faith, family, or society and my internal desires, and my own laziness.

8) Answer only one of the following:
a) [College aged and above] What is your area of work/study? Why did you choose this and would you change it? If so, what would be your ideal?

I'm a Data Analyst/Scientist working in a consulting firm. I love working with data and making decisions based on it, and just messing with data. My ideal isn't changing my profession as much as it is getting higher up so I can actually lead data projects.

9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on?
Usually their values or potential for good, deep conversation. I like being around those who align with me in values more but also being able to discuss controversial conversations with.

10) How do you feel about humanity as a whole? What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why?
I love humanity and want it to exist forever. But I love admiring human achievement, the diversity of cultures, and the archetypes/themes surrounding people more than interacting with individuals personally. The biggest problems I think are individualism and lacking critical thinking, in that I want people to be more willing to give for their collective and to have the nuance and thinking process to evaluate ideas based on their communal values rather than just repeating truisms without thought.

11) What are some of your hobbies and interests?
I love reading about philosophy, typology (obviously), mathematical concepts, and fantasy worlds. Been a gamer since I was a kid, nowadays I stick to single player RPG games like Skyrim or Baldur's Gate. I also like discussing or debating ideas in my friends groupchat, or just memeing about it.

13) How do you usually hang out with your friend(s)? When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction.
I rarely initiate interaction but usually we'd hang out at a restaurant and talk about religion, political philosophy, or just current events. Since COVID and us graduating from college and going our separate ways, we usually talk more on our groupchat than in person.

14) What is more important, actions or words? Why?
Actions but words are secondarily important. Actions actually affect change and align your environment more to your preferences. But words ensure there's actually a plan in place so you're not just blindly jumping into activities without any idea of the outcome.

15) Oh dear, you've been cursed by a witch! It's ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive. Will you choose:.
a) To never be able to experience the sensation of taste
b) To be immortal
c) To lose your memories
d) To be poor for the rest of your life
e) Or to never experience passion
Elaborate on why!

B) To be Immortal. I don't want immortality but I can learn so much more, do so much more good, and still stay myself through it all. While I would have to watch my loved ones die, it's something I feel like I can cope with, if I occupy myself with shaping humanity and learning as much as I can. For every other choice, A: I like tasting food, it's 90% of the fun of eating. C: I value my childhood memories and the memories of my wife and kids too much. D: I've been poor once, I don't want to go back to that and condemn my kids to that. And E: I already exude very little passion, killing it all together would totally alienate me from my loved ones.

16) What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoid/you as a villain, ect.
I want to avoid being a completely soulless robot. Assessing my decisions by including the human element is something I value. I don't want to be a pure utilitarian, basically, and still understand concepts like tradition, virtue, and sacredness. I could see myself as a fantasy villain who's abandoned human concerns and solely seek societal perfection, trampling on anyone who opposes my ideal.

17) How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this?
I definitely get super absorbed and obsessed with some interests, like this or philosophical debate. I definitely merge interests, like crafting ttRPG characters based on Jungian archetypes, for instance. I like it, it's rewarding to connect my interests together and I feel like I experience them better by doing it.

18) Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are you preferences and tendencies?
More organized than messy. My house definitely needs more organizing and is very cluttered/messy but I dislike surprises. I like being able to anticipate what's going to happen next and having general plans. It's not step by step plans but more ways to streamline, predict, and think about strategies to deal with future problems.

19) How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surroundings?
I love comfort. I view comfort largely as being absent of physically negative sensations. I have the blinds calibrated specifically so I get the light level I want. I have the heater or AC set to perfectly where I want it. And my floors are free of spills and dirt, and everyone has their shoes off so I feel more comfortable just laying down on the floor if my back or legs hurt. And I hate it when people disturb that. Comfort is entirely physical for me.

KurtCobain

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My guess is that you are an ISFJ, enneagram 1. You are fastidious, organized, and talk a lot about doing good. You are civically minded.
@Pionart can do a video typing on you to confirm.