User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Adventures in Odyssey

I have a strong feeling this post will go unanswered, but did/does anyone listen to Adventures in Odyssey? It's a Christain radio program? I used to listen to it every night when I was little and now I still listen to it sometimes in the car. Some of the messages are ridiculous but it's entertaining. Anyone...?

Whit:INxx
    Connie:ESFP
    Eugene:ISTJ (this seems like the only logical option but it doesn't seem to fit)
    Bernard (my favorite): xSTx
    Tom Riley:
    Jason:ExxP

Whoever else:

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

It's been years since I've listened to it, so I do not remember much, but I'd say Whit was a low-key ENxx of some sort and Eugene easily could be ISTJ.

It's kind of hard to type people when they are just characters within a morality play of sorts.. so the characterization serves the story, rather than characters driving the story.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ

Yeah, I guess I could see Whit as maybe an ENTJ but just really considerate of other people and more mellow. He's an inventor. Is there a type that is allegedly the inventor?

Yeah, ENTP... that was my first instinct with him. He seems to be as benevolent as Doc Brown out of the "Back to the Future" movies, but less manic. I think, though, this could simply be because of the venue; conservative religious cartoons tend to be reined in a bit, and Whit has to sound stable and level-headed and present a believable message in each episode, which is why they didn't really let him "get crazy" like some ENTPs do.

He has decent Fe skills.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I have listened to it many times, though not most of the really recent ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    It's kind of hard to type people when they are just characters within a morality play of sorts.. so the characterization serves the story, rather than characters driving the story.
    I would say, over the 22 years that AIO has been on the air, it's probably close to an even split between character-driven and plot-driven stories. There have been all sorts of adventures that featured the development of characters rather than a specific lesson, especially the main ones like Whit, Connie, and Eugene.

As far as their types, off the top of my head I would say Whit - ISFJ, Connie - ESFP, Tom ESFJ, Eugene ENTP. But I haven't really listened since I learned more about types, so I could be way off.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I would say, over the 22 years that AIO has been on the air, it's probably close to an even split between character-driven and plot-driven stories. There have been all sorts of adventures that featured the development of characters rather than a specific lesson, especially the main ones like Whit, Connie, and Eugene.
    I will totally surrender on that point... my experience with Odyssey occurred in the early/mid-90's, when my kids were young and when one of my friends was working for a Christian radio station. Pretty far from comprehensive.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ

I'm fairly new to online forums....but how did someone write on my post? That stuff about Whit being an ENTP, I didn't write that. It's not that I don't think that is a valid point, I just don't want to take credit for someone else's thoughts. Can anyone edit anyone else's posts?

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    I'm fairly new to online forums....but how did someone write on my post? That stuff about Whit being an ENTP, I didn't write that. It's not that I don't think that is a valid point, I just don't want to take credit for someone else's thoughts. Can anyone edit anyone else's posts?
    *Twilight Zone music plays*
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ENTP

I almost posted a thread on Adventures in Odyssey last month! Glad to see it.
    I've listened to just about all of old ones. The new ones aren't as good, IMHO.

John Avery Whittaker "Whit" - ENFJ or INFJ (listen to some character episodes like when he started Whit's End and met his dead wife)
    Connie Kendall - ESFP (i felt like i should have had a crush on her, but she was simply too annoying)
    Eugene Meltsner - ENTP (would like an argument for another type)
    Bernard Walton - ESTP (of course)
    Jason Whittaker - ES*P (balanced and smart, whatever he is)
    Tom Riley - ISFJ (local farmer, longtime conservative)
    Dr. Regis Blackgaard - INTJ (maybe E)
    Edwin Blackgaard - ENFP (weird but cool)
    Bart Rathbone - ESTP (basically a conman/sales man)
    Rodney Rathbone - ESTP (like father like son)
    Harlow Doyle - ENFP (prrrivate eye)
    Aubrey Shepard - I*FP (a creative and introspective girl who loved books and poetry. she had a tendency to act impetuously, which often got her into trouble)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Ah gee, it's been so long since I listened that I couldn't venture a guess. I'm not that good at typing that way anyway. Always enjoyed listening to the show, though and love radio shows in general. Also love Jungle Jam and Friends.

Eugene is kinda cute.

Grace, I am not sure what happened with your post unless someone else shares your computer and forgot to log into their own account?
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I think a mod accidentally hit "edit" instead of "quote." The buttons are right next to each other on our screens. I've almost done this a couple of times myself but (as far as I know) always caught it before hitting save.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii