• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Dynamic of your First and Second Functions

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Anyone feel their dom and aux functions are so intertwined and of nearly equal strength?? Is this typical for the top two functions in how they work with one another. At first glance it'd make sense to me since you interact with the external world through one, and play with the internal world with the other. I don't know, just curious what you guys think.

I bring this topic up because I feel my Fi to be extremely strong, heck, I associate with that subtype in Socionics more than my Ne subtype, and that description totally fits in line with my approach to people, my views, ugh, it's crazy. The reason I don't feel I'm an INFP (though I could be, and just acting out through my Ne often enough to feel like an extrovert) is because I can see where Ne permeates through essentially everything, and I mean all aspects of my life from how I act, how I think, and how I process information. My Fi, or, emotions, plays a massive role in determining what I do on a daily basis, but when I'm in an intellectual conversation or something that requires more of an objective approach, I feel I can bring my Te out more and suppress my own personal biases regarding Fi, and do the whole Ne/Te tango. I couldn't suppress my Ne at all though. But all in all, the two functions to me, seem like partners in crime and very nearly of equal strength within me.

What do you guys think? Do you have a similar relationship between your top two functions?? :happy2:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am pretty split between Se and Ni. I have 2 N parents though so i think my N side got a huge boost and my S side just kinda goes off on its own growing up and ignores that aspect of my parents advice, suggestions, use. Never felt like i didnt fit in, i just knew that i disagreed in certain aspects. I still do this today.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Anyone feel their dom and aux functions are so intertwined and of nearly equal strength?? Is this typical for the top two functions in how they work with one another. At first glance it'd make sense to me since you interact with the external world through one, and play with the internal world with the other. I don't know, just curious what you guys think.

Yes, in socionics my subtype is Ti even though I'm an Ne first (NeTi). This means that my Ne comes off as very dispassionate and driven by logic instead of more "free spirited" as a typical description of Ne might suggest.

I bring this topic up because I feel my Fi to be extremely strong, heck, I associate with that subtype in Socionics more than my Ne subtype, and that description totally fits in line with my approach to people, my views, ugh, it's crazy. The reason I don't feel I'm an INFP (though I could be, and just acting out through my Ne often enough to feel like an extrovert) is because I can see where Ne permeates through essentially everything, and I mean all aspects of my life from how I act, how I think, and how I process information.

I'm the exact same as you in this respect except with Ti. It's actually pretty crazy how similar we are. :D I've always likened my Ne and Ti to a building project in which a tool box is required. My Ti is the tool box as it contains the right tools for the job but my purpose isn't to refine the tools in my tool box ( as it would be with a Ti dom) but to construct the project itself. My tools need to be sufficient and 'good enough' to assist in the project but don't have to be perfect. My Ti serves as a means to an end and my end is Ne.

My Fi, or, emotions, plays a massive role in determining what I do on a daily basis, but when I'm in an intellectual conversation or something that requires more of an objective approach, I feel I can bring my Te out more and suppress my own personal biases regarding Fi, and do the whole Ne/Te tango. I couldn't suppress my Ne at all though. But all in all, the two functions to me, seem like partners in crime and very nearly of equal strength within me.

I can say the same thing:

My Ti, or, logic, plays a massive role determining what I do on a daily basis, but when I'm in an sentimental conversation or something that requires a more personal approach, I bring my Fe out more and suppress my dispassionate analysis regarding Ti (a little), and do the whole Ne/Fe tango. I couldn't suppress my Ne at all though. But all in all, the two functions to me, seem like partners in crime and very nearly of equal strength within me.

:newwink:

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Yes, in socionics my subtype is Ti even though I'm an Ne first (NeTi). This means that my Ne comes off as very dispassionate and driven by logic instead of more "free spirited" as a typical description of Ne might suggest.

I'm the exact same as you in this respect except with Ti. It's actually pretty crazy how similar we are. :D I've always likened my Ne and Ti to a building project in which a tool box is required. My Ti is the tool box as it contains the right tools for the job but my purpose isn't to refine the tools in my tool box ( as it would be with a Ti dom) but to construct the project itself. My tools need to be sufficient and 'good enough' to assist in the project but don't have to be perfect. My Ti serves as a means to an end and my end is Ne.

I can say the same thing:

My Ti, or, logic, plays a massive role determining what I do on a daily basis, but when I'm in an sentimental conversation or something that requires a more personal approach, I bring my Fe out more and suppress my dispassionate analysis regarding Ti (a little), and do the whole Ne/Fe tango. I couldn't suppress my Ne at all though. But all in all, the two functions to me, seem like partners in crime and very nearly of equal strength within me.

:newwink:

If no one else has noticed yet, me and Zombie are the unofficial twins of Typo Central :D

Serious though, it's uncanny really.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
If no one else has noticed yet, me and Zombie are the unofficial twins of Typo Central :D

Serious though, it's uncanny really.

Yep, and our unofficial names are "WTF?" and "trouble."

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My Ni is out of this world, but my Fe still dominates. The balance has taught me how to translate my Ni-centric ideas to my specific audience.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
My Ni is out of this world, but my Fe still dominates. The balance has taught me how to translate my Ni-centric ideas to my specific audience.

That's awesome! I know we lead with opposite approaches, but since our aux functions feel so strong within us, I wonder if we could find some parallels within our approach. Well, I mean, our approach and methods may be flipped but I feel our outcome may show some similarities.

This is fun! Quick! Someone else give me something to play with too, let's have some fun :happy2:

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know my Ne is stronger than my Fi because I able to suspend Fi for the sake of indulging Ne. I explore first and make judgments after. I see your socionics type is Fi rather than Ne so you're probably more balanced in that regard I suppose?

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can turn my Ni off somewhat, but not sure I would even know how to turn Te off. At the same time, a larger part of me is always trying to hold back my Te, and I think it's Ni. Hence why i just type as NTJ in MBTI, and ENTj with an Ni subtype in socionics.

andresimon

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP

I bring this topic up because I feel my Fi to be extremely strong, heck, I associate with that subtype in Socionics more than my Ne subtype, and that description totally fits in line with my approach to people, my views, ugh, it's crazy. The reason I don't feel I'm an INFP (though I could be, and just acting out through my Ne often enough to feel like an extrovert) is because I can see where Ne permeates through essentially everything, and I mean all aspects of my life from how I act, how I think, and how I process information. My Fi, or, emotions, plays a massive role in determining what I do on a daily basis, but when I'm in an intellectual conversation or something that requires more of an objective approach, I feel I can bring my Te out more and suppress my own personal biases regarding Fi, and do the whole Ne/Te tango. I couldn't suppress my Ne at all though. But all in all, the two functions to me, seem like partners in crime and very nearly of equal strength within me.

What do you guys think? Do you have a similar relationship between your top two functions?? :happy2:

Ne is how you observe looking to the outside world of people. Fi is how you decide/conclude. Te is how you share the principles and Si is how you act. Personally I don't believe in that linear explanation is as rigid as that, but I do believe that pattern does exist in ENFP's to a significant degree.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's awesome! I know we lead with opposite approaches, but since our aux functions feel so strong within us, I wonder if we could find some parallels within our approach. Well, I mean, our approach and methods may be flipped but I feel our outcome may show some similarities.

This is fun! Quick! Someone else give me something to play with too, let's have some fun :happy2:

Hahaha. An example of this is that my Fe will assess something in my environment or will prompt me to take action quickly but then the Ni will make me go all meta on what the best course of action is so I become an odd mixture of decisive and indecisive, laid-back and type A, cautious and reactive, and detached and emotional.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hahaha. An example of this is that my Fe will assess something in my environment or will prompt to take action quickly but then the Ni will make me go all meta on what the best course of action is so I become an odd mixture of decisive and indecisive, laid-back and type A, cautious and reactive, and detached and emotional.

Thats much better then going just Se all balls to the wall on the world :) been there with an ENFJ, she didnt appreciate my "ahhhhhh.....the sky is falling" text :blush:

I tried nce, but it just triggered argue and never went back to analyze the situation so it was lost. Sarcasm works awesome though sadly when she gets in that mood.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thats much better then going just Se all balls to the wall on the world :) been there with an ENFJ, she didnt appreciate my "ahhhhhh.....the sky is falling" text :blush:

I tried nce, but it just triggered argue and never went back to analyze the situation so it was lost. Sarcasm works awesome though sadly when she gets in that mood.

I sort of relate to your ex at a distance but our approaches seem dissimilar. The main complaints people have had of me throughout my life were that I talk too much, I think too much, I am too passive/unsure of myself, very stubborn/will do whatever I please, pessimistic.

I have been trying to engage Se a bit more the last couple of years to get out of my head. Lol

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I know my Ne is stronger than my Fi because I able to suspend Fi for the sake of indulging Ne. I explore first and make judgments after. I see your socionics type is Fi rather than Ne so you're probably more balanced in that regard I suppose?

Oh interesting! Ya, I can't really "turn off" Ne, but I feel the two are much more balanced than what I'd think a typical dom/aux relationship may show in most people. It may have to do with my upbringing since I hid my weirdness from others like no tomorrow, so that externalized Ne didn't flourish like it could have, and my Fi was made very much apparent to me, how I felt about EVERYTHING haha. I sort of remained in this little emotional world of mine. I do definitely explore first then judge later as you do, it's actually really hard for me to dislike anyone for that reason, but I feel when I do finally make a judgment on someone, it can sometimes be fairly hard to remove that judgment depending on how much they emotionally affected me one way or the other.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Ne is how you observe looking to the outside world of people. Fi is how you decide/conclude. Te is how you share the principles and Si is how you act. Personally I don't believe in that linear explanation is as rigid as that, but I do believe that pattern does exist in ENFP's to a significant degree.

Ya, I agree. At least for me, the function stack is SUPER apparent to me in how I explore, feel about that exploration, explain that exploration, then Si is sort of the oddball in there. I see how it certainly supplies my Ne though without a doubt. But yes, I feel our Te is what can give ENFPs a strength in explaining their wild ideas and connections since we explain them in such a way as for most people to latch onto and understand. I'm sort of a person that can turn someone's complex idea or argument into a few sentences on a dime. It personally annoys me when arrogant people try to say something so complex and use these huge words to sound smart and intellectual (probably just to feed into their own ego at that point), when I can understand and say the same thing in layman's terms. The ideas people share are often not all that complex at all, they just seem complex.

Well that turned into a rant...:shock:

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My Si overshadows my Fe. My Fe is crap in comparison. I'm trying to learn how to develop better Fe.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I sort of relate to your ex at a distance but our approaches seem dissimilar. The main complaints people have had of me throughout my life were that I talk too much, I think too much, I am too passive/unsure of myself, very stubborn/will do whatever I please, pessimistic.

I have been trying to engage Se a bit more the last couple of years to get out of my head. Lol

Biggest complaint of her is she is a hypocrit that never looks at self bfore she bitches at others and she runs people over in a bad way. They would rather deal with me. I actualy put myself between her and others so they wouldnt have to deal with her. She is act first, think eventually very heavily. I hear she is medicated now and is starting to become more balanced.

From an ISTP i actually dont see any issues with what others deem as your issues except passive...but only if the passiveness bothers you. Drives me nuts when people jump on me when i am passive, 99% of time its because i dont care. I guess thts why i never felt like i was run over by ENFJ, because i didnt care on alot of things. Things i did care about she hit a brick wall. Of which i have been deemed a "bully" for. I am quiet so i tend to surround myself by people who talk alot.

I work with an older ENFJ that has alot of traits like you say is what people complain about. Very nice and sweet lady. She can be forward and such, but its not her natural state.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My Si overshadows my Fe. My Fe is crap in comparison. I'm trying to learn how to develop better Fe.

From the sounds of it your Fe is fine, just focused. I am sure your ISTJs see it alot, appreciate it, just dont realize it and or admit it ;)

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My Fe nearly overtakes my Si. If I weren't positive of my introversion I would genuinely have considered ESFJ.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nay, I'm pretty unbalanced.