• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFP or INFJ

SunshineRays64

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hi. This is my first time new. I'm very new to this forum. Anyways I want to make sure if I'm an INFP or INFJ. On the four letter tests my P percentage is slightly higher than my J percentage. On cognitive functions tests my Fi and Ni are nearly balanced. How do I decide between the two types?

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My preferred method is typing by the inferior function, as wriiten about by Quenk.

Fi doms when in the grip of inferior Te and become bad versions of ESTJs, looking like little boss dictators.

Ne doms fall into the grip of inferior Si.

Ni doms fall into inferior Se and become hedonists, indulging in shopping, sex, eating, etc.

Fe doms fall into the abyss of inferior Ti, a horrible dark near clinical depression.

Do any of those sound like you when everything is off and you are overwhelmed?

SunshineRays64

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My preferred method is typing by the inferior function, as wriiten about by Quenk.

Fi doms when in the grip of inferior Te and become bad versions of ESTJs, looking like little boss dictators.

Ne doms fall into the grip of inferior Si.

Ni doms fall into inferior Se and become hedonists, indulging in shopping, sex, eating, etc.

Fe doms fall into the abyss of inferior Ti, a horrible dark near clinical depression.

Do any of those sound like you when everything is off and you are overwhelmed?
I realized that I lean more towards INFP and I'm pretty laid back, flexible, and creative most days. The Fi and Ne resonated for me.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I realized that I lean more towards INFP and I'm pretty laid back, flexible, and creative most days. The Fi and Ne resonated for me.
Yeah, I think in general that is one of the ways to figure it out -- the J is looking more for external structure and closure in general, P's do not require this and tend to go with the flow more to see where it will lead first.

SunshineRays64

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, I think in general that is one of the ways to figure it out -- the J is looking more for external structure and closure in general, P's do not require this and tend to go with the flow more to see where it will lead first.
Yep. I'm definitely more open ended and flexible even do I do like to be organized to keep on top of things.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ne is quite different from Ni. Both are future oriented. Ne is great at brainstorming. Ni just helps give a vision of the most likely solution or outcome. Ne can be very creative

I don't find Fi/Te users laid back, as they tend to like their external structure. They also like their internal values and find alternative judgments wrong.

My perception of Fi doms may be a bit skewed, as I have been married to a very psychologically unhealthy Fi dom for more than 25 years. I have been on the wrong side of Fi way too many times and it isn't too fun.

SunshineRays64

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ne is quite different from Ni. Both are future oriented. Ne is great at brainstorming. Ni just helps give a vision of the most likely solution or outcome. Ne can be very creative

I don't find Fi/Te users laid back, as they tend to like their external structure. They also like their internal values and find alternative judgments wrong.

My perception of Fi doms may be a bit skewed, as I have been married to a very psychologically unhealthy Fi dom for more than 25 years. I have been on the wrong side of Fi way too many times and it isn't too fun.
I'm so sorry that you were struggling in your relationship. I hope that you find healing and happiness one day. I'm only in the average levels of health and it took me a while to get there. I have a long way to go before I'm truly healthy and thriving in life. I know not to be in a long term relationship or marriage until I'm much healthier and doing better in life because me and my future partner deserve to be happy and peaceful. Anyways I'm trying to lower my overall neuroticism levels down from severe trauma and health problems so I can be calm, level headed, and relaxed just like my earliest child years before trauma happen. Everyday I'm trying to work on myself to improve for the better. Fi can get pretty unhealthy but I can change my mindset to develop healthy habits, embrace my positive side and flaws, and have much better relationships with others.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm so sorry that you were struggling in your relationship. I hope that you find healing and happiness one day. I'm only in the average levels of health and it took me a while to get there. I have a long way to go before I'm truly healthy and thriving in life. I know not to be in a long term relationship or marriage until I'm much healthier and doing better in life because me and my future partner deserve to be happy and peaceful. Anyways I'm trying to lower my overall neuroticism levels down from severe trauma and health problems so I can be calm, level headed, and relaxed just like my earliest child years before trauma happen. Everyday I'm trying to work on myself to improve for the better. Fi can get pretty unhealthy but I can change my mindset to develop healthy habits, embrace my positive side and flaws, and have much better relationships with others.
I am well used it. We live in a T world that does not give space to F types to grow in peace.

SunshineRays64

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am well used it. We live in a T world that does not give space to F types to grow in peace.
I agree. I think that compassion, emotional regulation and emotional intelligence are very important for both feeling and thinking types in order to effectively process our emotions and be in tuned of how others are doing and feeling. All different personality types should be able to thrive in life and see things from each other's perspective for empathy and healthy relationships.

SunshineRays64

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've took a break from personality tests for a while to work more on myself and I did some digging and finally came to the realization that I'm truly an INFJ based of my daily habits, traits, and cognitive functions. I didn't want to accept it at first and wanted to be an INFP instead because they are seen as childlike, optimistic, flexible and open minded which are traits that I value so much and want to develop. I'm an INFJ enneagram 9 wing 1 self preservation instinctual type. Now this all starting to make sense.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've took a break from personality tests for a while to work more on myself and I did some digging and finally came to the realization that I'm truly an INFJ based of my daily habits, traits, and cognitive functions. I didn't want to accept it at first and wanted to be an INFP instead because they are seen as childlike, optimistic, flexible and open minded which are traits that I value so much and want to develop. I'm an INFJ enneagram 9 wing 1 self preservation instinctual type. Now this all starting to make sense.
I recognize that journey. I didn't want to be F or J, I didn't want to be a 9. I didn't want to be a w8. I really didn't want to be an E. I had great help from people here.