User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Getting Fat?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

I am painfully aware it's impossible for me to be pregnant right now: Long distance relationship=frustrating. The price you pay for a degree:steam:

Boring Breakfast cereal+ OJ
    Mid-class banana/granola bar things of that nature.
    Lunch: Rice, pasta, sandwiches, milk, water, it depends.
    Snacking is usually fruit/veggie, sometimes pudding or something cruddy, but not habitually
    Dinner: Kraft Dinner, fried vegetables, chicken, pizza on occasion
    Once in a while some chips and pop after that, but I am good in this regard.

I know it's not perfect, but it's not bad! I also drink from a water bottle throughout the day.

I called my mom the other night and told her I was morphing into her lol

Maybe you have some weird hormonal thing going on
    I hope it goes away if that's the case.
    =universal solution

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Silly_Siren View Post
    Girltalk. Does my butt look big in this?

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I am painfully aware it's impossible for me to be pregnant right now: Long distance relationship=frustrating. The price you pay for a degree:steam:

Boring Breakfast cereal+ OJ
    Mid-class banana/granola bar things of that nature.
    Lunch: Rice, pasta, sandwiches, milk, water, it depends.
    Snacking is usually fruit/veggie, sometimes pudding or something cruddy, but not habitually
    Dinner: Kraft Dinner, fried vegetables, chicken, pizza on occasion
    Once in a while some chips and pop after that, but I am good in this regard.

I know it's not perfect, but it's not bad! I also drink from a water bottle throughout the day.

Cut out the OJ. It's just full of sugar and isn't a good source of vitamin C. And what kind of cereal? The sugary kind? The majority of humans on this earth are lactose intolerant. I would advise you to switch to soy milk and only eat healthy grainy cereal that comes in those plastic bags (or make your own). Dairy products can cause bloating, which maybe the root of your problem, but you can never be sure. Actually, if I were you I would replace breakfast with a green smoothie. They're healthy with bundles of veggies and fruits. The nutrients full you up throughout the day.

No granola bars, they're full of sugar. You think they're healthy, but they're not. Once you become a raw foodist you begin to taste all the fatty shit that manufacturers put in "healthy" food. Once again, green smoothies and fruit--or you can snack on fresh fruits or nuts. Ahh, dried fruit is good as well. Also, try drinking water before you eat. A lot of the time people think that they're hungry, but they're really just thirsty.

Your lunch schedule looks like a death sentence. All those carbs and then milk! If you're going to have rice, maybe have it with a side of steamed fish. And I hope that you're using whole wheat bread. You should maybe make some healthy soup (there are tons) instead. They're easier to make and only take minutes. It's excusable to have soup and a small bread roll with some salad. With water...

Don't fry your vegetables! They already lose their nutrients when you cook 'em! I can kind of see why you gained some weight, your diet really isn't the healthiest. I would go on a raw food diet for a month to cleanse your system. Afterwards you usually only crave healthy food.

And most importantly, always cook your food. Homecooked meals are typically healthier, remember that! Stay away from sugar and cut out all the juice!
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by paperoceans View Post
    you begin to taste all the fatty shit that manufacturers put in "healthy" food.

green smoothies and fruit
    If you quit using soap and other hygiene products with synthetics in them, after awhile you can smell this strange chemical smell on people who do. Several years ago I switched to diet pepsi from regular pepsi (have quit entirely since) and when I would occasionally have a regular one the taste was overwhelming.

What do you put in your green smoothies? I have thought about trying one, does the fruit offset the bland veggie taste?

Phantonym

I would go on a raw food diet for a month to cleanse your system.
    About this advice. It's a good idea to cut down on fried foods; however, take your time to get into it and don't try it the cold turkey style.

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    If you quit using soap and other hygiene products with synthetics in them, after awhile you can smell this strange chemical smell on people who do.

What do you put in your green smoothies? I have thought about trying one, does the fruit offset the bland veggie taste?
    You know, I looked online for some recipes but the result was a bitter taste. So I created my own!

3 stalks of celery
    1/3 cilantro
    1 romaine lettuce head
    2 peaches
    1 banana
    1/2 cup of lemon juice

I thought it was pretty good! The peaches help to disguise the taste of celery. I'm still in the lab trying to discover a new formula. I have some strawberries, mangoes, blackberries, and raspberries. I'm thinking of using 1 or 2 mangoes, strawberries, and an orange. I tried it in a homemade fruit smoothie and it was delicious. Now I'll have to wait and see how the mango and orange will react with the greens.

About this advice. It's a good idea to cut down on fried foods; however, take your time to get into it and don't try it the cold turkey style.
    I think it depends on the person. But most people should gradually cut things out of their diet I agree.
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

With your increase in water intake with a high cardio workout you may have just put on a lot of water weight. I dont think It would acount for all of it but it can easily add several pounds in a short time. With more water in your system your fat cells are literally expanding cause all your blood cells in them have expanded due to the increased amount of water you intake, which could acount for the "tightness" in clothing.

Just like blood cells absorb the alcohol in you system they due the same with water.

Edit: Oh and with that said, you increase in weight may not be unhealthy. Skinny people aren't healthier just cause their skinnier, I should know. Im probably in the top ten for most unhealthy "skinny" guy...
    SDMF

MBTI
    INTP

You know, I looked online for some recipes but the result was a bitter taste. So I created my own!
    So it's a matter of experimentation, I'll have to try one soon.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Well, I searched a lot of threads on this issue and didn't find one that could help me. But I am concerned about my weight gain. I am 5'3" with a curvier body type (kinda hourglassy, chubby kind of legs, a bit of a belly, etc) and my usual weight travels in the 130's. So not all that fat, but not ideal.

But in the last 2 months I have climbed to 150 from 135ish. Not THAT tragic, I know, but it's buggin' me. This is because I have been doing fairly rigorous cardio 5 times a week, I have cut back on drinking and junk food, and I drink water a lot. I feel pretty decent, and don't show symptoms of diseases like hypothyroidism. I am not pregnant, and I am not a very stressed out kinda gal. What's going on? Advice? Similar experiences? Insults for my melodrama?

Is my metabolism just giving up now that I am in my second year of uni? Because if so, I'll just order the stretch pants now lol
    Oh my goodness, we're not just face twins we're body type twins too!

I went from 130 lbs to 150 over probably 6 months when I was about 17. I'm not sure exactly what caused it, I think I stopped exercising as much and started eating more without even realizing it. But seeing as you're exercising so much, I'm surprised you've gained weight. It could be that you're just eating too much, that'd contribute to not just fat gain but retaining food weight too (hehe that's right, I'm asking if you're "regular"). I know that in a time when anorexia among young women is extremely prevalent, it's considered sort of taboo to say it, but a lot of people seem to eat more than they need to (stress from school certainly doesn't help either).

Personally I have a tendency to eat really well when I'm in a new environment (every time I move somewhere new I lose weight, including coming to college) but after about a year the amount I eat is much larger. Right now I eat 2-3 small meals a day with no snacks in between and that feels about right for my body. Have you always eaten as much as you do now? If this is as much as you've always eaten then disregard this

Also plus 1 to what PaperOceans said about some of those "healthy" foods.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

Phantonym

This is because I have been doing fairly rigorous cardio 5 times a week
    What is your idea of a rigorous cardio?