• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your Fitness Journey and Progress

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Hit 200 on lat pulldowns on Friday. Felt pretty good. Straps burst a couple of blood vessels in my hand again.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wore out one of my resistance bands... That's a good sign, right? :)

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bicycling is fun but also murder. But I’d take it over running any time. The burning of my legs going up a hill is a special kind of pain but it’s worth it for the ride down the other side.

I lagged on gym time last month but have started pushing myself to go again within the last couple of weeks. Now I just focus on weights since I can get plenty of cardio riding my bike. I’m also working at a job where I’m on my feet a lot and getting in a minimum of 5000 steps most days. I try to go for 10000 daily but it’s been so hot. I hope autumn is nice and lasts longer than a couple of weeks this year (coastal mid Atlantic weather means long summers and winters with little in between)

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Fell off the wagon and took a week off. Back on the grind today. 225 on chest press. 295 on seated dips. And 200 on chest flies. Still only at 90 on overhead press (my worst lift). 170 on cable triceps extensions.

Attachments

• IMG_20230918_152300097.jpg
    IMG_20230918_152300097.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20230918_154856478_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230918_154856478_HDR.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20230918_160132718_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230918_160132718_HDR.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 37

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I hope they bought you a drink first. In all seriousness congrats on your fitness journey.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
More sore today, but that's to be expected. Got some pics from yesterday. Good to get back to building calluses. I was so tired at the end of my workout yesterday, that I was only able to get one set of cable curls done.

Attachments

• IMG_20230920_153207956.jpg
    IMG_20230920_153207956.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20230920_155416453_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230920_155416453_HDR.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20230920_162338324_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230920_162338324_HDR.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20230920_164508892_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230920_164508892_HDR.jpg
    919.4 KB · Views: 43

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I bit the bullet and bought a gym membership. Actually my wife got it for me as a surprise for Christmas, although I'm technically paying for it. I now have no good excuse to not be working out regularly. Today I went and did some back and bicep exercises on my lunch break. Evidently I have lost some muscle mass, because I wasn't able to hammer curl as many pounds as I could 6 months ago. I think I'm going to go at least 3-4 days a week, and take walks on in-between days (weather permitting).

Once the days are longer, I'm going to get back to taking evening bicycle rides. I need parts, but with the cold weather and short winter days, I haven't really had the motivation to order the parts and repair the thing.

I had quit drinking in autumn 2022, but started again this past spring. I'm not drinking as heavily as I was before, but it's something I'd like to focus on cutting out altogether.

I have started intermittent fasting on a 16:8 schedule (basically cutting out breakfast and morning snacks, and no food after 9 PM), but that got interrupted a bit with the holidays--coworkers and family bringing all of the good food, etc. But I'm back on my fasting schedule as of today, with a window of 1PM - 9PM when I can eat. I'm sticking to 2 meals a day, with the occasional light snack somewhere between those meals if I feel light headed or weak. Other than wine, all I drink is water and coffee with oat milk for cream, although I'm thinking about cutting that out and drinking coffee black only. It's hard giving up morning eating at first, but I actually feel like my energy is increased throughout the day, and it makes lunch all the more tasty and rewarding. I'm realizing that a lot of the snacking I'd been doing throughout the day had been due to being bored more than hungry, and so I am trying to break myself of that habit. I have a very addictive personality, so I'm trying to replace the urge to eat with healthier habits. Drinking an assload of water really helps with hunger cravings.

I have been doing pushups daily, and try to aim for a minimum of 20. Ideally, I like to do a set of 20 in the morning and 20 in the evening. If I'm feeling ambitious, sometimes I'll increase that to 3 sets of 20 each. I'd like to get to a point of doing 100 daily. Sometimes I throw in diamond and incline pushups for variety and an extra workout of my triceps.

Pushups have been paying off, because I have noticed that my triceps are a bit stronger and bigger, but I think my biceps are lacking and could use more work to avoid a muscle imbalance in my arms. Maybe I'm imagining it, but I also feel like my chest looks slightly bigger.

Last edited:

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've found I feel better when I avoid scales and instead focus on what I see in the mirror and how my clothing is fitting me.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Shoveling a metric fuck-ton of snow is the full-body workout I never asked for.

Nature, I love and hate you.

That is all.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Shoveling a metric fuck-ton of snow is the full-body workout I never asked for.

Nature, I love and hate you.

That is all.
It's one of my favorite outdoor workout/chores, but unfortunately I rarely get that much snow where I live. Chopping wood is also a good workout.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I should really be taking progress pictures but the camera on my old ass phone doesn't really work right anymore. I think I'm noticing a little more muscle definition in the mirror but it's so hard to tell when change happens so gradually.

I saw a picture of me taken about 12 years ago and I looked worse in my early 30s than I look now. I was really heavy in the face and just looked very blubbery and tired. Feels good to have a glow up in my forties, but I'm angry that I didn't take my health and fitness seriously throughout my thirties.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I've found I feel better when I avoid scales and instead focus on what I see in the mirror and how my clothing is fitting me.
Yes. Same here.

Since I got the ok from the doctor I'm doing 30 minutes a day on the treadmill and weights 3 days a week. There's nothing like a year of diminishing mobility to make one appreciate a working body.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
After about a year of introducing almost daily resistance training, I didn't lose any weight, but my cholesterol levels went down, so I think that's a win. I'm pretty sure it must have been at least part of the reason, possibly along with eating more blueberries and more flaxseeds.