• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Would you like to be a YouTube influencer?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Evil and a Heathen
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Nope. Don't want to run the risk of getting involved in social media drama.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
For some reason I find the term "influencer" kind of annoying. Some of it seems like an invasion of privacy for the family based ones. It's also a way for otherwise obscure people to become known and valued, so I feel badly that I find the notion annoying. I think it's mainly the term and some of the more standard types that annoy me. The term "branding" really annoys me as well. I think it's because it doesn't feel very truthful or authentic to me somehow. There are a couple of analysis based you tubers I watch and value. I would not want that feeling of responsibility and would feel bored and pressured as soon as people expected it from me.

i think the reason I find it annoying is because it feels like their job is to encourage people to make decisions based on them not based on their own research and independent thinking. And i think there is enough of that out there. Everywhere you look there are people trying to make you "buy" something.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My answer to this is a very succinct hell no.

Mindset I think is a must, and I don't and never will have it. I don't believe in the whole sub culture; I can't buy into it.

Mole

Permabanned
I watched with fascination with our Influencer in Chief, Oprah Winfrey, and it turns out Oprah is a chief priest of narcissism, and interestingly Oprah is a black oracle for white Americans.

White Americans hang on her every word, of course it is some compensation for one hundred and sixty years of slavery. It is as though all the suffering of the slaves has given Oprah magical powers to salve the feelings of white Americans today, and it has made her rich and powerful.

Oprah even speaks in the cultural language of white Americans, not in the argot of black Americans, and Oprah even competes with President Trump for the biggest and loudest hairdo. And naturally Oprah is being touted for President.

As I watched, Oprah anointed Meghan, and her sidekick Harry, to carry forward the Woke religion of the New Age, where even the royals are victims.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Evil and a Heathen
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, the existence of racism in the U.K is truly impossible to believe and must just all be lies told by a narcissist. They outlawed slavery in the 19th century, after all! Good thing they didn't continue to profit from the cotton in textile mills after they did so.

Here's a good Beatles cover.

(And yes, I also don't know why we're discussing Oprah and Meghan Markle in this thread.)

Mole

Permabanned
I also don't know why we're discussing Oprah and Meghan Markle in this thread.

The Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle, is probably the world's finest influencer - her words are worth millions in advertising.

And indeed the Duchess uses the same emotional techniques as commercial advertisers. They use propaganda speak from the book, "Propaganda", 1928, by the American, Edward Bernays, click http://www.bahaistudies.net/asma/propaganda.pdf, used by corporations and government ever since.