• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why do some people feel or think...

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
What is In Senneden [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION]?

á´…eparted

passages
OK. I don't expect anything of you. We are talking. Don't get angry.

We said we are not angry. You're not alone in Samsara. I'm getting there.

I wasn't until I asked you to clarify what you meant. Once I realized you had the gall to call my way of being inferior to your ideals, then I got rightfully pissed off.

As I said, you aren't even close to a place to claim your life philosophy is better than mine, and if you do go that route and continue to push me, you're going to lose, so I suggest you stop.

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Why do you want to be so ... Fight obsessed about? Am I youur external target now? :cry:

á´…eparted

passages
Why do you want to be so ... Fight obsessed about? Am I youur external target now? :cry:

Ha! Playing the victim doesn't work with me. The fault is on you, not me.

You profess you're religion is somehow superior to everyone elses, that you're right and we're wrong- I do not take kindly to that.

You recently professed that you think homosexuality is wrong, a choice, and can be cured- I REALLY do not take kindly to that.

You just stated that how I life my life is inferior to yours- I do NOT take kindly to that.

I'm a gay atheist, proud of both of those, proud of my life and how I live it, and proud of my ideal of wanting people to lead independent lifes. Not only have you broken a core value I strive for, you also happened to poke at multiple things that are personal to me. So please, tell me, why shouldn't I be angry and approach this as I am? That's rhetorical by the way.

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
I'm not playing victim! There is no fault at me! I don't want to fight! Quit competing with other when you are ready. Compete with yourself. That means have internal drive and not external targets! [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION]

á´…eparted

passages
I'm not playing victim! There is no fault at me! I don't want to fight! Quit competing with other when you are ready. Compete with yourself. That means have internal drive and not external targets! [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION]

Then you should not approach me and tell me that I am wrong for being gay, wrong for living MY life as I see fit, and it is NOT inferior to what you want. Got it?

Because if you do, this is what you're going to get each and every time.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Winning feels good. That's why there's a word for it.

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
There is no MY life. No independence. We are all vulnerable, and we are ONE humanity. This is my religion.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There is no MY life. No independence. We are all vulnerable, and we are ONE humanity. This is my religion.

What a not-INFP thing to say.

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
No independence? Go get some.
If I had independence, i would be fighting Hard. Buddhism says, actually, we are all dependent on eachother yet independent on eacother. Eachother and life in general.

Islam says be peaceful and leave them alone in peace.

Peace

á´…eparted

passages
If I had independence, i would be fighting Hard. Buddhism says, actually, we are all dependent on eachother yet independent on eacother. Eachother and life in general.

Islam says be peaceful and leave them alone in peace.

Peace

:rotfl:

You're not being peaceful. You're pulling a back-handed iron fist in a velvet glove over and over again in all the threads you make. Pretty much everyone here has seen through what you're professing. You're doing the exact opposite of leaving everyone be.

Edit: I've said my piece several times over, I'm out.

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
That is a goal. What are you doing to get it? What can you do to work through the complexity of every day life down to something you enjoy and strive for? How can you make your life simple? Life is complicated. What are you motivated to work on in order to make it more manageable, relaxing, or enjoyable as you desire it?

But to others that might look like lack of ambition which you just shit on.

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
INFPs are healers, and you need to be still so i can do my job. ;)

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
As [MENTION=22178]hel[/MENTION] said it's a measure of self worth for a lot of people. People such as myself are simply not comfortable or ok with internally deriving self worth.

I regard self-worth as dependent upon what I externally create and do. Similar to [MENTION=4050]ceecee[/MENTION] I could not go through life without goals and ambition. I have a tendancy to pick goals that are beyond my reach and I practically kill myself in the process of getting there (and I almost always do get there). Potential and innate skill are nice, but it doesn't really do any good if it isn't used. Sure, there is worth to it, but it's worth more to do something with it, and it's also worth trying your darndest to make as much use of it as possible. Since I need to have a strong sense of self-worth or I am not happy, I try and pull all of those: identify as many of my innate skills as I can, cultivate them as much as I can, and then produce/do something with those cultivated things.

Is it ever enough? Nope, but it's something I'll always strive for.
I guess I meant, why do people want to be famous and use their talents in a "big" way. What you've posted is pretty much how I feel, at least in some ways. Equating self worth with what you create in the external environment, I understand. But having to do that so the world will know of your accomplishments, so that others will look upon you as having accomplished something above and beyond what the average person does, I don't get.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
But to others that might look like lack of ambition which you just shit on.

What I don't get is why people can't just let me do what I want. I don't mind when people want to be ambitious and have goals and dreams and passions. I think that's great. So how come if someone doesn't want or have those, they're like... less of a person?

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
Well then, you really should keep your moral high horse preaching to yourself, because I do NOT take kindly to that kind of bullshit, in particular coming from someone who I don't even remotely respect.

I happen to greatly enjoy how I live my life, I am going to continue living that way, and you do NOT get to claim that my way of living and being is somehow inferior to some other ideal. That is YOUR ideal, and it is NOT universal, and it would serve you well to keep that in mind.
Well said. :)
I honestly don't give a damn what you plan to do with your morality as it pertains to you internally, so you shouldn't give a damn about mine or anyone elses.
But people do give a damn about other people's morality as it affects the world.