• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] Why do ENTJ's bully

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I was banned from the INTJ forum for this very reason. Any person, attacking the mentally challenged will be challenged immediately sparing no holding back. Irl, I am intolerant in these scenarios and never challenged. Most morons expressing that type of vocal hatred are very insecure.
Yeah. Typo central is the only message board where j haven't seen this sort of bullying.

JClassic

MBTI Type
ENTJ
ENTJ's aren't necessarily offensive, but sensitive people might take offense of them just because they are more of an F type. Any ENTJ that I met with sharp criticism made sense and was logical. If your an F type you might take offense, the truth hurts. There is a reason why ENTJ's make the most money, they have the most successful personality type in my opinion and based on statistics. Emotions can and mostly always lead to bad decisions.

elcie

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have a client who I think is entj and basically everyone thinks she is a bully...because of knowing type etc and having had an entj boss in the past who I liked I have tried to be more open minded /diplomatic but seriously I have actually seen her bully, she really picked on my Isfp friend and got into her head saying she was not good enough etc even though objectively I thought she was actually doing pretty well.

She was very impatient and critical of me when I first started with her but now I’m like one of her favourites because I stayed and I know what to do now.

This is sneaky but is there any way of getting into her head and getting her to be nicer to the others? Or do I just have to watch on in detached scientist mode :p

elcie

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I read a definition of bullying recently as modified for kids, which was mean-on-purpose. So are entjs mean on purpose or just mean, without necessarily realising it or intending it

downtherabbithole

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I've been seeing an ENTJ for the past 2 years, we have that whole "each other's shadow" thing going on as far as opposing Te/Ti, Ni/Ne, etc. I honestly think the answer to the question is that they don't realize they are doing it - but if they care about self improvement and someone they are close to points out a flaw in reasoning, how a behavior is perceived, or a perspective they are not used to considering, they will consider it and try to fix it which will reflect in their actions (at least in personal relationships, I would not want to deal with an ENTJ as a boss, including said person - I can smell that kind of social manipulation a mile away... it's only kind of hot if you're dating them versus working for them), though sometimes they will try to fix it only because of wanting conflict resolution in personal life and having insecurities. Most ENTJs I've met have a deep desire to be liked.

Bunch of self conscious softies, the lot - they just don't like showing it, and the less mature can take it out defensively, while the more mature want to learn about alternate perceptions from those close to them. I'm not an F type, though, I look at everything presented as "is this logical? how does it break down?" versus reacting to what would be perceived as "bullying" (to their credit, even though they present things forcefully and it is easy to take offense, there is usually reason behind it... honestly, just calmly ask them to explain their reasoning and your reason for wanting elucidation without using emotional arguments, and you might be able to dig a layer deeper), so it's interesting to me versus hurtful. Then again, I can be perceived as a bully as well, even if not intended, so maybe we just share that trait and present it differently - if one is overly sensitive, it may be difficult to deal with INTPs as well. We assess the living hell out of everything, and if we get to the point of needing to say something, we can destroy people from all the notes we've been taking along the way.

Amberiat

Infinity
A smart, mature and well developed ENTJ wouldn't need to bully others in order to achieve something, this is one of the worst stereotypes in MBTI to be honest, and the fact that some ENTJs proudly push that stereotype ahead by bullying others because "That's how cool successful ENTJs are" really pisses me off.

downtherabbithole

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I've been seeing an ENTJ for the past 2 years, we have that whole "each other's shadow" thing going on as far as opposing Te/Ti, Ni/Ne, etc. I honestly think the answer to the question is that they don't realize they are doing it - but if they care about self improvement and someone they are close to points out a flaw in reasoning, how a behavior is perceived, or a perspective they are not used to considering, they will consider it and try to fix it which will reflect in their actions (at least in personal relationships, I would not want to deal with an ENTJ as a boss, including said person - I can smell that kind of manipulation a mile away... it's only kind of hot if you're dating them versus working for them), though sometimes they will try to fix it only because of wanting conflict resolution in personal life and having insecurities. Most ENTJs I've met have a deep desire to be liked.

Bunch of self conscious softies, the lot - they just don't like showing it, and the less mature can take it out defensively, while the more mature want to learn about alternate perceptions from those close to them. I'm not an F type, though, I look at everything presented as "is this logical? how does it break down?" versus reacting to what would be perceived as "bullying" (to their credit, even though they present things forcefully and it is easy to take offense, there is usually reason behind it... honestly, just calmly ask them to explain their reasoning and your reason for wanting elucidation without using emotional arguments, and you might be able to dig a layer deeper), so it's interesting to me versus hurtful. Then again, I can be perceived as a bully as well, even if not intended, so maybe we just share that trait and present it differently - if one is overly sensitive, it may be difficult to deal with INTPs as well.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Only immature ENTJs succumb to that frenzy of conquest, the thirst of control and order, and start needlessly slaying and crushing everything and everyone in their way, especially after that first kill that gives them a rush of confidence and an impatient impulsion to get the next one. That modus operandi is one of unripe warriors.

It is good to be strong. It is better to know when to use that strength. It is best to not have to use it at all.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
To be honest I think that the most sterotypical ENTJs out there are actually unhealthy ESTxs for the most part.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Visit any forum and the ENTJ section tends to have some of the most rude, condescending comments.

The big question is why do ENTJ's troll using psychological warfare?

The big answer of course is because they have so little control over their immediate environment that they need to go online and assert control by reducing another in that environment.

They commit acts of existential cannibalism because they do not admit that they are bullying but it is objectively clear. They will passive aggressively refer to you as a "retard," or a "moron," for not understanding that their "objectivity" is good for you.

In real life, the ENTJ will bully as well, but usually will run into some trouble by 20 and will have to soften and adjust. If the ENTJ still believes they are always objective even though humans are fallible and creatures of subjectivity then the ENTJ has an inflated and weak ego which may imply you are dealing with a legitimate narcissist.

This is a thread for asking an ENTJ why ENTJ's bully. You probably will not find another thread like this. You'll notice that if you go to another site such as reddit and ask this question in the ENTJ section you will be immediately flamed and told that the person in question is not a bully. False. Everyone has bullied at one point in their life. There are degrees of bullying of course and ENTJ's have a particular style of afflicting others when they are in their inferior mode of operation...that is when they think they are so objective they become tyrants and cruelly subjective and harm in their environment with false pretenses of "helping you."

They flamed you because:
1 it's Reddit.
2 people tend to take offense when you come marching into their territory and start making such broad accusations.

It is true, many ENTJ's in their own sub-threads are horrible. Yet I can count their number on both hands. That's just a loud-and insignificant-minority.

As for the question at hand; why does anyone bully? Because they are insecure.
( Anyone who has ever tried to be friends stay at home Mom's in their thirties knows this.)

It's obvious from my own short experience in the ENTJ community.
It is in fact because they are ENTJ...but not in the way you're thinking. I don't endorse stereo"Typing"
It's human nature to look for an identity and often times, a community; a pack. It's why memes are so popular. The meme is never about what's being said. It's about " Hey! I get that! I'm part of the group!"
MBTI typing comes with a free identity and set of expected behavior, so, those with no other identity just go with it.

"That's an emotional response" " I just bulldoze." "something something World domination."

These are all just memes shared by a group of people, usually so utterly insecure that it is their only identity and they cling to it for dear life. If you talk about your feelings, brag about "Bulldozing." or your plans for 'World domination." you aren't part of the group.
Insecure people are nothing without the approval of the group and the only to affirm one's place n such a shallow and loosely and connected barely-a-community is meme the hardest .Don't act like this is a foreign concept; EVERY subculture does it. Some individuals refuse and is why they are not allowed to be part of the community.

I guarantee you that every ENTJ you have ever met has cried once in their life, felt useless, conceded, failed at something and never attempted world domination. But admitting such things would get them shunned and well, insecure cannot handle them.

They are much like loud and irritating Borg in that manner.
Every group has it's hive mind. The only difference is the meme.

Last edited:

rav3n

Presuming that the same site rules apply to ALL parties, how is it possible for one to be considered a bully and the other, the victim, when two adults are engaging in debate/disagreement in cyberspace? It takes two to remain engaged in a back and forth since it's easy to either stop engaging or sign off.

And another observation of this dynamic is that the ones who cite victimhood from bullies who are perceived to be stronger [insert subjective definition of such], tend to demand equal respect. This demand isn't logical, if they perceive that the other is stronger [insert subjective definition of such] than themselves.

The cognitive dissonance in the above make my head want to explode, from the irrationality of it all. Talk about mental contortions.

punkermit

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
They only come across that way because they lack people skills.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Because they can be unhealthy 8. ;)

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
And if you think cutting off a horse's head is a strategy or a tactic, stay away from a chessboard. Or would you consider it strategic to pick it up and bash it over someone's head? The brilliance . . .
Jaguar had a point here.

Hawk

MBTI Type
INTJ
I looked at this thread and a comparison entered my head as if they were martial artists of the internal arts:

The ENTJ is the Xingyi practicioner, the INTJ, Taiji.

Those of you who are into martial arts might find this incredibly interesting.