• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Why are emotions beautiful?

GreatBigCranberries

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
I've heard other Feelers express the sentiment that emotions are beautiful, but it just sounds odd to me. So, to anyone who thinks they are: why do you think so? And what do you mean by "emotions are beautiful"? Are you talking about the feelings themselves? The human capacity for emotion? Only certain emotions?

I really want to know.

Bilateral Entry

Internet User
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Nothing would have any meaning without emotions. We wouldn't care if we lived or died. We wouldn't care what happened to anything. We wouldn't care about anything. We'd be mindless drones.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
oh boy...this could easily span an entire book for me, but I'll keep this post brief.

To me, feeling, harnessing, and experiencing emotion is life. Anything I create, is created through emotion, anything I experience, is experienced through emotion. There is an ever present filter that everything passes through to my senses where things carry their own individual feel, weight, and presence. Emotion isn't solely an experience I understand through the contact with other people, but is how I know the world to be. The way light penetrates fog cast over a still lake in winter, the way the sun warms your skin as you close your eyes and take in the sounds. Everything comes with emotions attached, and all emotions can be harnessed and reflected to create new ideas and incites.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My first reaction is to say that emotions are beautiful when they show a deeper truth. They intensify the experience of life, so in the same way they are beautiful they are ugly. Emotions are an intensified perception of reality. If we feel nostalgia, we are experiencing a broad spectrum of time all at once, an intensified sense of the passing of time. If we feel gratitude, we are perceiving the full meaning of what is good in our lives. When we feel grief we are comprehending the entire reality of loss all in one moment.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
My first reaction is to say that emotions are beautiful when they show a deeper truth. They intensify the experience of life, so in the same way they are beautiful they are ugly. Emotions are an intensified perception of reality. If we feel nostalgia, we are experiencing a broad spectrum of time all at once, an intensified sense of the passing of time. If we feel gratitude, we are perceiving the full meaning of what is good in our lives. When we feel grief we are comprehending the entire reality of loss all in one moment.

Exactly what I was thinking. Well freakin said.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For me, it's the raw potential that an emotion holds, as well as the core truth.

It's why it's imperative to not judge an emotion - and why it can be dangerous to actually act on it.
The sheer rawness tells you who you are in this situation, and the intensity tells you how much it matters to you.

That is some powerful information, right there.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Something I wrote several months back that is pertinent to this:

"I think most beautiful things in life are rooted in emotion, in some form or another. The same can be said for ugly and awful things. From beauty, and from ugliness, come inspiration. From inspiration comes art, music, literature, innovation, love, passion, life. We need emotions. When we keep in control of them, we can begin to unlock our deepest, truest selves. However, many of us have great difficulty maintaining control, instead being overtaken by the power of potent feeling."

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
My first reaction was that beautiful is a word defined by an certain emotional reaction, hence not all, but some emotions are beautiful by definition :p

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My first reaction was that beautiful is a word defined by an certain emotional reaction, hence not all, but some emotions are beautiful by definition :p

This is sort of in line with what I was thinking. I guess in some cased you could think something is beautiful, but most often, we feel beauty. We feel emotions are beautiful, which in itself is an emotional reaction.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nothing would have any meaning without emotions. We wouldn't care if we lived or died. We wouldn't care what happened to anything. We wouldn't care about anything. We'd be mindless drones.

This. It isn't limited to people who prefer feeling functions.

Bilateral Entry

Internet User
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Feelings are special to me because this is how I feel about my feelings. Circular logic, layered in ambiguous poetry.

IMO emotions are a separate entity. Emotions are in their own world. Any logic in feelings world applies only in feelings world. It's like a separate dimension with its own laws of physics.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've heard other Feelers express the sentiment that emotions are beautiful, but it just sounds odd to me. So, to anyone who thinks they are: why do you think so? And what do you mean by "emotions are beautiful"? Are you talking about the feelings themselves? The human capacity for emotion? Only certain emotions?
My first reaction to the question "why are emotions beautiful" was: are they? who says that they are? Obviously quite a few people agree with this sentiment. I find it easier to see meaning than beauty in emotions. As [MENTION=7595]INTP[/MENTION] wrote, the experience of beauty itself is emotional, so the question can appear a bit like "why are colors green?" Well, they are green when they are green - when they reflect those frequencies. Otherwise they are something else. Emotions are beautiful when they constitute the experience of beauty.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I especially like this thread, so am at it again. :)

I've also felt like a person's emotions are like an inner sculpture created over the duration of their life. Each person has a unique inner sculpture that perfectly expresses every pain, happiness, and loss throughout their life. If you can quiet yourself and look inwardly, you can glimpse how every line of it represents your life. The emotional expression of it is deep, complex, comprising everything you have ever felt, and it is uniquely yours.

I've never seen mine 100%, but I catch a glimpse of it. It is in a darkened room with candlelight flickering on its lines and shapes. I can almost make it out, but never entirely. It's too much to see all at once, but I always know it is there.

Destiny

A wannabe dog
Emotions are beautiful, because it opens up a whole new world of dimensions. It allows us to understand things that we never know existed, it allows us to see into the windows of a person's psyche and find out what motivates a person and make them act the way they did.
Both good and evil people are actually born from emotions. Emotions is the source of all the good and evil that is happening around the world these days.

Why do people kill? Because they feel anger, they feel wrath, they have lost faith in humanity.
Why do people rape? Because they feel hungry for power, they want control, they feel sexually frustrated.
Why do people steal? Because of greed, or because of desperation.
Why do people help others? Because of empathy, they know how it feels like to be in a certain situation so they treat others the way they want to be treated.

^ All the above are all emotions. Emotions may seem like such a small insignificant thing, yet it has the ability to make such a huge impact on the world.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have seen some every ugly emotions. I think they forgot to clarify which ones, what ways, etc.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A life without emotions is like a painting without colors, even sad emotions are beautiful [emoji180]