• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

which character trope are you?

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Which Character Trope Are You? - Personality Quiz

Your Result:
The Mentor
1466327531.jpg

tragic hero and damsel in distress were close from the answer breakdown.

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
Fun test [MENTION=7991]chickpea[/MENTION]!

I got the same result as you.

Tater

The Anti-Hero
1466327465.jpg

jester was 2nd. jester on a good day.

á´…eparted

passages
The Sidekick

The friends and helpers of the main hero. They can be almost any type of hero playing a secondary role, a normal character observing the action, or be used as comic relief -- sometimes all three. Typically they are a foil to the hero, and this is often underscored by their dramatically different appearance. You like the be the friend of everyone around you and help out others whenever you can. You often hold the role of someone's self control and you can be very supportive when you have to be. You're a bright, ray of sunshine in your friends life and they love having you around!

Was tied with The Protagonist. I think the tie breaker was the time I took to answer them?

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1466327548.jpg

The Jester

The constructive troll, a common feature at the Standard Royal Court. Much like their historical counterpart, the Jester's foolish appearance and demeanor means they're generally laughed at or not taken seriously. The upside to this is being able to pretty much speak their mind in the most blunt way possible without fear of reprisal. You have a good sense of humor and are seen as the life of the party. You hide your pessimistic ways through your comedic nature. You are often unpredictable and unreadable by your peers. No one really understands you, but they appreciate you anyways. Your presence is heavily valued.

The Jester x5
The Anti-Hero x5
The Damsel (in Distress) x3
The Sidekick x3
The Tragic Hero x2
The Femme Fatale x1
The Protagonist x1
The Rival x1

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The sidekick

The friends and helpers of the main hero. They can be almost any type of hero playing a secondary role, a normal character observing the action, or be used as comic relief -- sometimes all three. Typically they are a foil to the hero, and this is often underscored by their dramatically different appearance. You like the be the friend of everyone around you and help out others whenever you can. You often hold the role of someone's self control and you can be very supportive when you have to be. You're a bright, ray of sunshine in your friends life and they love having you around!

I got the jester and the protagonist as close seconds

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It was an interesting test, although I felt like the accuracy was a bit off -- too many answers, not enough questions, so the result is only a plurality rather than majority of votes. Too many questions too where I could have picked a few different answers.

1466327444.jpg

The Protagonist

However, it tells you how your answers scored. That's different.

Gone

The Protagonist
The character responsible for handling the main problem and the one most in need of change, emotionally. You are ambitious and are considered to be highly courageous. You have a good set of morals and love to do the right thing. Overall, you're just incredibly well-rounded. You are typically seen as extroverted and involved in many different things. You make friends easily and people are attracted to your outstanding personality. You don't mind being the center of attention every once in a while!

5x Protagonist
4x Damsel in Distress
3x Mentor
3x Jester
2x Sidekick
2x Villain
1x Anti-Hero

Rofl... no.

Fascinating test... Well, how the answers of the questions relate to the character tropes looks a bit funny to me. I have no idea why liking pear makes me a protagonist, or choosing the moose a villain. BUT it was fun.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Anti-Hero

A central character in a story, movie, or drama who lacks conventional heroic attributes. They often fail many times and are known to be flawed. Opposite of the Tragic hero, you often do things out of selfishness so you can advance and grow as an individual. This is often done unconsciously. When people ask for favors, you expect rewards in return. Your personality can be seen as complicated and you often can through a cycle of moods in a matter of what seems like seconds. You're seen as typically aggressive and full of emotion. There would be times where it seems like you are completely calm and then at a flip of coin be upset about something. You have a lot on your mind 24/7 and it's hard for you to handle. Sometimes your attempts at showing you care can backfire, since you often get too into the emotional aspect of the situation.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Protagonist

The character responsible for handling the main problem and the one most in need of change, emotionally. You are ambitious and are considered to be highly courageous. You have a good set of morals and love to do the right thing. Overall, you're just incredibly well-rounded. You are typically seen as extroverted and involved in many different things. You make friends easily and people are attracted to your outstanding personality. You don't mind being the center of attention every once in a while!

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm the only one who's The Rival! Yay I'm the bitch!

The Rival

The grim, volatile foe of the protagonist, who, through a series of inexplicable events up to and including attempted murder, gains grudging respect for said hero/heroine (and may even save them) and goes from intolerable to tolerable. You're very confident and have pep in your step. People who don't know you describe you as stubborn, but in fact you have a very open-mind. You're able to see both sides of the situation, but it's hard for you to admit that you're wrong. You stick to your vices and never falter, even if your opinion is seen as wrong. For those on your side, they look up to you and value your ideals. You speak with raw pride. You're straightforward and like to get right to the point during most conversations. You are more fueled by emotion rather than logic. You also love competition, being number one is very important to you.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The Jester

The constructive troll, a common feature at the Standard Royal Court. Much like their historical counterpart, the Jester's foolish appearance and demeanor means they're generally laughed at or not taken seriously. The upside to this is being able to pretty much speak their mind in the most blunt way possible without fear of reprisal. You have a good sense of humor and are seen as the life of the party. You hide your pessimistic ways through your comedic nature. You are often unpredictable and unreadable by your peers. No one really understands you, but they appreciate you anyways. Your presence is heavily valued.

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'm the Sidekick of course.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The Jester

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
The protagonist

Question Breakdown
Q1. Looking back, what do you think about your past?
Answered in 60 seconds
My past was great. Looking back on how much fun I've had with the people I love makes me smile. (The Damsel (in Distress))
Q2. What's your biggest fear?
Answered in 36 seconds
I'm afraid that I won't be able to have a good future. (The Protagonist)
Q3. Describe yourself in one word.
Answered in 12 seconds
Charming (The Femme Fatale)
Q4. You're walking alone to your class and nobody is in the halls. You had arrived late to school. You turn a corner and suddenly see that your friend is in an argument with someone who has been bothering them all week. The bully suddenly throws a punch and your friend is on the ground. Your friend immediately ends up pummeling him. What do you do?
Answered in 26 seconds
Get in between the two of them and tell them to knock it off. Violence is NOT the answer. (The Protagonist)
Q5. You drive you and your three friends to a party. All of you have a fun time there and after it's over, they don't want to go home. One of them is very drunk while the two other friends are exceptionally sober. What do you do?
Answered in 47 seconds
You drive your drunk friend home despite their begging and then hang out with your two other friends at a fast food restaurant. (The Protagonist)
Q6. Pick one.
Answered in 14 seconds
Bear (The Mentor)
Q7. Which fruit appeals to you more?
Answered in 8 seconds
Cherry (The Mentor)
Q8. How do you make a new friend/friends?
Answered in 16 seconds
You don't usually initiate conversations or interact with others. You only take interest in people who take interest in you first. (The Anti-Hero)
Q9. What is your alignment?
Answered in 24 seconds
Chaotic Good (The Rival)
Q10. Pick a tarot card.
Answered in 18 seconds
(6) The Lovers (The Femme Fatale)
Q11. What is your favorite genre?
Answered in 7 seconds
Science Fiction (The Sidekick)
Q12. What is a job you've always wanted? (whether it sounds pleasing or it's a job you've wanted when you were a kid.)
Answered in 17 seconds
A business leader or CEO. (The Villain)
Q13. Pick which color appeals to you most.
Answered in 9 seconds
Green. (The Villain)
Q14. What would you say your weak point is?
Answered in 18 seconds
I tend to hold grudges. (The Rival)
Q15. What's your favorite type of music?
Answered in 8 seconds
Electronic/Techno (The Jester)
Q16. Pick a flower that appeals to you most.
Answered in 15 seconds
Mallow (The Damsel (in Distress))
Q17. If someone were to give you $100 right now, what would you do with it?
Answered in 10 seconds
Put it into my savings. Doesn't hurt to save up! (The Protagonist)
Q18. What would be your class in an RPG?
Answered in 17 seconds
Trickster (The Jester)
Q19. Which appeals to you more?
Answered in 30 seconds
Being surrounded by friends at a big party where everyone is having the time of their life. (The Sidekick)
Q20. Imagine that a robber comes into your home armed with a knife. Now imagine the robber stabs you. Where did you imagine yourself getting stabbed?
Answered in 18 seconds
The stomach. (The Anti-Hero)
Q21. What do you usually look for in a person?
Answered in 18 seconds
Someone who is independent and has common sense. (The Villain)

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The Tragic Hero

A tragic hero is a literary character who makes a judgment error that inevitably leads to his/her own destruction. You give too much and don't get very much back, usually because you do things out of the goodness of your heart. You always seem to have good intentions and you often carry the burden of others on your shoulders. You have a very high sense of empathy and you tend to be very secretive about yourself. You have such a big heart and others value your friendship and see you as one of a kind. You're special to those who are close to you and they care about you dearly.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
Femme Fatale always on the run. Diamonds on my wrist, whiskey on my tongue.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
1466327504.jpg

Your Result:
The Rival
The grim, volatile foe of the protagonist, who, through a series of inexplicable events up to and including attempted murder, gains grudging respect for said hero/heroine (and may even save them) and goes from intolerable to tolerable. You're very confident and have pep in your step. People who don't know you describe you as stubborn, but in fact you have a very open-mind. You're able to see both sides of the situation, but it's hard for you to admit that you're wrong. You stick to your vices and never falter, even if your opinion is seen as wrong. For those on your side, they look up to you and value your ideals. You speak with raw pride. You're straightforward and like to get right to the point during most conversations. You are more fueled by emotion rather than logic. You also love competition, being number one is very important to you.