• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's my type?

Presumptuous Pepper

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Personal concepts
1. What is beauty? What is love?
A general definition of beauty can vary:
Psychical beauty - it can be a social construct and effected by what certain society perceives as beautiful. However, some people who don't fit in a certain frame (for example: small nose, full lips, defined hips etc.) can still be considered as beautiful if they everything on them fits in it's place. However, beauty is also individual and even if individual standard of beauty is effected by social norms, each person has it's own taste.
Internal beauty - not so concrete usage of a word "beauty" can refer to a person's personality. This can also be effected by social norms but by far less than physical beauty. Here as well, people have their own preferences individually.
Some societies are also more effected by general standard of beauty than the others (for example, Korea is very effected by general standard which means individuals measure themselves more by the general perception of what is beautiful in their society)

Love - a feeling; a positive feeling in general. Physical attraction can lead to a feeling of love but I wouldn't say it necessarily provokes a feeling of love. And here I am only talking about romantic love. It can also be stretched to a love between friends since psychical aspect of a person can effect how we perceive a person and whether to approach a person.

2. What are your most important values?
I honestly don't have set values....I'm more likely to examine things and change them if necessary. I prefer to update my thoughts and ways of seeing things rather than having a set in stone values. I guess this is also a sort of value. I like to be free of "set in stone" thoughts aka flexibility.

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
I like to take a little bit of every religion/belief and mix it in something of my own. Like taking the best out of everything and putting it into a one new whole.

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
Power is a possibility to me. It makes you able to do something. War and militaries are just reality to me...people like to say their are against a war but many factors effect war and it's sometimes better taken as a possible thing to happen or thing happening. I have no feelings towards it - I just personally think militaries are a way of having a precaution. War is definitely not desirable option but if it can't be helped, then you better fight it for the better.

Interests
5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
I like to pick up other people's interests because it broadens my views. I can honestly have a long conversation about anything. I love to express my thoughts and hear different points of view.
I like languages because they are a perfect mix of system and humanities. It's a working system with a little trick to it caused by human factor. It's what keeps it interesting and full of surprises.

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
I like to exercise. I used to train swimming for 15 years. I enjoy water a lot - it makes me feel at ease and it sets my mind running free. My family are medical workers and I actually like the topic of health and medicine. I'm not primarily interested in it but if it pops in the conversation it's one of the topics I would have nothing against. I'm sometimes paranoid about my health but I try to avoid those phases.

7. What do you think of daily chores?
I suck at them. haha Honestly, that's all I have to say about it. I like cooking though and I'm good at it.

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
I like thrillers, crime, jdrama, kdrama, mainstream fantasy books. As long as it's interesting, I will read it/watch it. Genre doesn't matter.

9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
Songs sometimes make me cry. My gran being in a hospital makes me cry. But it's in general hard to make me permanently sad. I often experience feelings and then distract myself from the.
It made me smile when my gran smiled at me in the hospital when she was sick. My friends also make me smile because I'm happy to have someone with who I feel comfortable with.

10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
I believe I just answered that: with friends. Why? We are all so different but able to except our differences and function together. It's what I appreciate the most. I've never been one to choose people for similarity - I choose them for openness, understanding and tolerance. And differences make things more interesting.

Evaluation & Behaviour
11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
I actually don't dislike myself as much. I have flaws but everyone does and I don't judge others for it either. I somehow believe people are both black and white. No one is just one thing. You fix one flaw and other pops out. It would be boring if a person was only white or black. I don't see virtues and flaws as good and bad, I see it more as fact that exists in people and mixed together and creates their personality. One thing can be a flaw to me but it can be a virtue for someone else. It really depends how you see it. People can hate that I'm loud for example but others find it fun etc.
But if I have to say one thing that I dislike about myself if would be that I would like to put my time in better use. I think I actually lack in organizing my time.

12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
Same as above. Different people perceive me differently. One ENTJ friend says that when she thinks of me she thinks of "self-confidence" and others simply think I'm strong. On the other hand, there are ones who don't see those things in me.

13. In what areas of your life would you like help?
Everything can be improved. So any help in any area is always welcome.

14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
I don't ever feel like I'm in a rut. If I do it's because I didn't progress in a while. It's irritating but it keeps me working harder.

People & Interactions
15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
Types I get along with: ESFP, INFJ, INTJ

I don't like people who give up easily. That's pretty much.

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
It changes every day. I'm usually attracted to my opposite.

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
The fact that I'm not ready to give up my time.

18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
I compare to my own and see how it's different. No special feelings about it.

19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
I already answered this. I like to see people as they are. Social problem...hmmm....what do you want me to answer here? Prostitution? Murder? I mean technically it's all a social problem. Corruption?

20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
I have many different people as friends. I behave like myself and I want others to feel the same way.

21. How do you behave around strangers?
Normally...I'll greet them if needed. I'll talk to them. Maybe we can hang out.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
decided to pop by since I recognised your name :)

I'm getting some strong Ti-Fe from this, especially the interest in structural analysis (language) and internal logic, but also in harmony (Fe). The main reason I don't say Fe-Ti is because the approach to "beauty" is fundamentally analytical.

"Power is a possibility" "maybe we can hang out" - gives me some Ne vibes. That makes me think Ne-Ti-Fe-Si.

Presumptuous Pepper

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
decided to pop by since I recognised your name :)

I'm getting some strong Ti-Fe from this, especially the interest in structural analysis (language) and internal logic, but also in harmony (Fe). The main reason I don't say Fe-Ti is because the approach to "beauty" is fundamentally analytical.

"Power is a possibility" "maybe we can hang out" - gives me some Ne vibes. That makes me think Ne-Ti-Fe-Si.

I'm actually pretty sure myself I'm Ti and Fe. I also identify myself as an extrovert. I used to think that there is a possibility of me being introverted, when I was like 19. But to be honest...now when I sum things up, I'm about 80% extrovert and 20% introvert.
So that so far makes me ExTP. I'm unsure of whether I used Se or Ne. In real life...I look more of an Se user.
It's very hard to say for me. I know everyone would say look at the functions but it's not that I did not. I just can't tell. In some sense, I have traits of both.
I'm often impulsive and like to enjoy life int he moment and I get strong Se kicks from adrenaline and observing things around me. I like to enjoy my time in present moment. And I often believe in not worrying about future but to resolve problems that cause the worry and enjoy the life that is here or I might miss the best things or some really good things.
However, there is that very goal and future oriented side to me. I always need something in front of me, some goal to hope for, somewhere to go or I start feeling down and I'm usually a person who likes to go upfront and up. So I always tend to find something in future to wait for me. I need that one thing to keep me going. Even if it changes into something else in the future I need to know it's there. So I end up planning a year or two in advance. I actually enjoy it because it brings my hopes up. But I don't believe in hope only, I believe in doing things you want to, not just to hope for it. I love making an effort and achieving something.
As I said...it's like I'm split in two.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
I'm actually pretty sure myself I'm Ti and Fe. I also identify myself as an extrovert. I used to think that there is a possibility of me being introverted, when I was like 19. But to be honest...now when I sum things up, I'm about 80% extrovert and 20% introvert.
So that so far makes me ExTP. I'm unsure of whether I used Se or Ne. In real life...I look more of an Se user.
It's very hard to say for me. I know everyone would say look at the functions but it's not that I did not. I just can't tell. In some sense, I have traits of both.
I'm often impulsive and like to enjoy life int he moment and I get strong Se kicks from adrenaline and observing things around me. I like to enjoy my time in present moment. And I often believe in not worrying about future but to resolve problems that cause the worry and enjoy the life that is here or I might miss the best things or some really good things.
However, there is that very goal and future oriented side to me. I always need something in front of me, some goal to hope for, somewhere to go or I start feeling down and I'm usually a person who likes to go upfront and up. So I always tend to find something in future to wait for me. I need that one thing to keep me going. Even if it changes into something else in the future I need to know it's there. So I end up planning a year or two in advance. I actually enjoy it because it brings my hopes up. But I don't believe in hope only, I believe in doing things you want to, not just to hope for it. I love making an effort and achieving something.
As I said...it's like I'm split in two.

Yeah, to be honest I'm not sure these questionnaires really help. Yet, at the same time, if I see something incredibly unstructured and without organisation, I immediately lose all ability to care enough to read.

I'll say this:
My understanding of MBTI also is that people use any number of cognitive functions. This probably sounds absurd since I do, on some level, want there to be at least some validity in studying this since I've already spent so much time into it.

So, basically, you're looking at Ne or Se dom. Both of which are perceiving functions. I know of this one guy who was always thinking things and possibilities, BUT he was also bipolar and off medication on top of ADHD.

The main reason I gave Ne dom was because Se has a way of looking at things, of perceiving. Either something is physically beautiful, or it isn't. I think Sensors are unfortunately a bit stilted in their descriptions because theorists tend to have this way of putting themselves above the physical, but if you think Se dom suits you better, then perhaps that is so. Si seemed to show a bit with your grandmother, but there really is no saying people don't access all the functions, even the shadow ones.

I just can't tell. In some sense, I have traits of both.
Same. I'll elaborate about this in my own thread, when I can properly organise my thoughts.

Wait.

"I always need something in front of me, some goal to hope for, somewhere to go or I start feeling down and I'm usually a person who likes to go upfront and up. So I always tend to find something in future to wait for me. I need that one thing to keep me going."
For what it's worth, Ne isn't necessarily about the future, but possibilities. If you prioritise using Se compared to Ne, Ni should be in the stack. My understanding of Ni is that it is less "multiple possibilities", rather, "most likely possibility". Ni - mostly from hanging out with so many Intjs - seems like the sort of thing that you were specifically talking about with this line above.
The inferior function still matters. I assume you're old enough for it to develop more.
I'm actually leaning towards ESTP now. Ne would have instantaneously grasped the multiple possibilities instead. Se kind of functions as a "see what happens" extraversion, with Ti and Ni there to control the risktaking.

Presumptuous Pepper

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, to be honest I'm not sure these questionnaires really help. Yet, at the same time, if I see something incredibly unstructured and without organisation, I immediately lose all ability to care enough to read.

I'll say this:
My understanding of MBTI also is that people use any number of cognitive functions. This probably sounds absurd since I do, on some level, want there to be at least some validity in studying this since I've already spent so much time into it.

So, basically, you're looking at Ne or Se dom. Both of which are perceiving functions. I know of this one guy who was always thinking things and possibilities, BUT he was also bipolar and off medication on top of ADHD.

The main reason I gave Ne dom was because Se has a way of looking at things, of perceiving. Either something is physically beautiful, or it isn't. I think Sensors are unfortunately a bit stilted in their descriptions because theorists tend to have this way of putting themselves above the physical, but if you think Se dom suits you better, then perhaps that is so. Si seemed to show a bit with your grandmother, but there really is no saying people don't access all the functions, even the shadow ones.

I just can't tell. In some sense, I have traits of both.
Same. I'll elaborate about this in my own thread, when I can properly organise my thoughts.

Wait.

"I always need something in front of me, some goal to hope for, somewhere to go or I start feeling down and I'm usually a person who likes to go upfront and up. So I always tend to find something in future to wait for me. I need that one thing to keep me going."
For what it's worth, Ne isn't necessarily about the future, but possibilities. If you prioritise using Se compared to Ne, Ni should be in the stack. My understanding of Ni is that it is less "multiple possibilities", rather, "most likely possibility". Ni - mostly from hanging out with so many Intjs - seems like the sort of thing that you were specifically talking about with this line above.
The inferior function still matters. I assume you're old enough for it to develop more.
I'm actually leaning towards ESTP now. Ne would have instantaneously grasped the multiple possibilities instead. Se kind of functions as a "see what happens" extraversion, with Ti and Ni there to control the risktaking.

Not necessarily, yes, Ne doesn't have to be about future. But when you say possibility, it's something that hasn't happened yet and it automatically we go into future register (ok, what am I, analyzing voice or something...register?....you know what I mean).
The other possible thing to notice is that I obviously start worrying about the future and that's why I plan but when I plan it's all very positive. So I'm not sure can we call it inferior Ni. I don't have such a bad relationship with future.
Honestly I have some symptoms of inferior Si (hypochondria) but also of inferior Ni (seeing the future dark all of the sudden and quickly trying to fix something now so that the bad doesn't happen).
I also have a bad relationship with everyday tasks and I often cannot set priorities right. I start studying for example but I quickly start researching something else connected tot he topic. Someone told me this is Ne trait.
However, when it comes down to a quick deadline, I get typical Se adrenaline kick and start working like a maniac in the hurry and it works for me. Many people say this is very stressful for them, but I'm at my best when you put me in corner.

As you can see, it's all very dual with me.
Also, my age is 26.

Jayce

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7sx
Not necessarily, yes, Ne doesn't have to be about future. But when you say possibility, it's something that hasn't happened yet and it automatically we go into future register (ok, what am I, analyzing voice or something...register?....you know what I mean).
The other possible thing to notice is that I obviously start worrying about the future and that's why I plan but when I plan it's all very positive. So I'm not sure can we call it inferior Ni. I don't have such a bad relationship with future.
Honestly I have some symptoms of inferior Si (hypochondria) but also of inferior Ni (seeing the future dark all of the sudden and quickly trying to fix something now so that the bad doesn't happen).
I also have a bad relationship with everyday tasks and I often cannot set priorities right. I start studying for example but I quickly start researching something else connected tot he topic. Someone told me this is Ne trait.
However, when it comes down to a quick deadline, I get typical Se adrenaline kick and start working like a maniac in the hurry and it works for me. Many people say this is very stressful for them, but I'm at my best when you put me in corner.

As you can see, it's all very dual with me.
Also, my age is 26.
Your posts resonated with me so much that I would have to go with ENTP here. I have the hypochondria part and I used to have some of the inf Ni part too. That was depression to me, not function, or maybe its the shadow side of Ne. I find it pretty hard to see some ESP being that depressed about the future. Your Ne might not be that developed in some areas (or rather, it is developed in areas suited to your life), but I see it clear. The thing I do is I turn anything into a positive note. When thinking about the future I go through all the scenarios and even if they sound bad I turn it to something good. I worry, too, but I turn the worry around. I'm not saying this is a developed Ne but to give some reference into an ENTPs mind. I think I'm a pretty strong ENTP... Have to make a thread about my type now.

I have a friend who is an ESTP and he is so concrete, so pragmatic but he does come up with ideas about stuff. When I paint the skies, create visions, he is going on about the structures of things. You can think how you approach things and how you think.

Also, many times my advice comes off as concrete, possibly because I've learned that most people resonate better with concrete information and can't make sense of my abstract mumbo jumbo so I have to tone it down a notch. God I wish there were more N people in my life.

I also work best under extreme pressure. Most of the time. Sometimes it just crushes me. I don't see this as Se, why do you? The Se's I know want to do things out of the way pretty early and have way better time management skills than I do, which isn't saying much.

That jumping from topic to topic is very Ne to me. I do it all the time, sometimes to the point where I completely forget the original thing. I'm working on it.