• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is my mbti type?

MBTI Type
INFP
I am new to this site and was curious as to what my mbti type could be. I have tried to analyze it myself time again, but always tend to question the conclusion I reach. The following are characteristics that describe who I am:
-Relatively "spacey" and out of touch with most practical matters (I have never been much of a good cashier at different places I have worked and struggled growing up with practical, "concrete" matters such as cooking and cleaning)
-High propensity for daydreaming and detaching from reality ( I often become engrossed in the TV series I watch and have tended to become emotionally attached to the storyline and characters of shows. I also tend to read lucidly as well, having a vivid imagination and envisioning what the characters may look like)
-Incredibly romantic, with a tendency to place unrealistic expectations on people and place them on a pedestal (I often idealized people as being "better" than they truly were in a sense and also tried to romanticize the good parts of people in my younger, more naive years, leading to deception and misunderstandings. Sometimes I thought people were nicer or more compatible with me than they really were).
-Music is often meaningful to me and I can daydream to it for hours on end. It can also evoke certain feelings for me and cause me to imagine certain "colors" to it depending on its sound and the key it is in (I know there is an actual condition for this, but I forgot what it was called).
-I am good at writing (at least I think I am, anyhow) and a good communicator through written/typed words. I can convey my message more clearly in this way and am often rather shy and timid when speaking upfront to people. Still, one of my most cherished girls is to one day produce a work (ideally a piece of literature) that will inspire many.
-My ideal profession would be a moderate to slower pace and allow me flexibility, while being a harmonious environment. I would be able to combine my creativity with the ability to help others, and the job would be meaningful to me. I can't work for the sake of just doing so, but need a purpose or motivation to do it.
-I do not like conflict and get anxious or worked up when I sense others are angry at, uncomfortable, or upset with me. I hate being yelled at and take insults very personally. I was rather sensitive to criticism as a younger girl as well. When triggered enough though, I can be emotionally effusive and become FURIOUS in a way that would shock most people. I get over the argument or hurt and try to make amends pretty quickly, but I never forget what has been said and, paradoxically, can dwell on the past too much.
-I have trouble focusing on just one task at a time and am easily distracted. I tend to multitask a lot and do things improvisationally on a whim, and don't have much of a plan for anything. This frustrates my parents a lot.
-Honesty and authenticity are two of my most deeply held values. I appreciate being emotionally honest with people and those who can be emotionally honest themselves, and love deep, meaningful conversations over shallow, trivial small talk. I also try to be as truthful with people as I can be in all aspects of my life (for the most part, anyway).
-I can get pretty obsessive over things I enjoy, ironically, be it a new hobby, fictional character/series, or passion, and try to research as much on said character, show, or topic as I can for a time. Eventually, I outgrow these obsessions and find others to occupy myself with, although I have done so less as I have grown up.
-I consider myself intelligent and can be incredibly analytical and logical when I want to be, yet my emotions sometimes override my senses and sometimes make me not appear as rational as I could be. I am very much a feeler who processes things very deeply and personally.
-I love my freedom to make my own choices, and value this freedom very much. I do not like being controlled or told what to do, and hate feeling confined in small places for extended periods of time or feeling "trapped" or "imprisoned". I need space to move around, travel/explore my surroundings, and breathe.
-I prefer the company of a few trusted people than many acquaintances. I don't feel the need to be popular (although I do admit that I have in the past feared rejection and not belonging/being accepted), but want to touch the lives of and inspire those who matter to me most.
-I love and appreciate beauty and aesthetic spaces and can't be in a dull, unappealing, or uninspiring place. It brings me a general sense of unhappiness.
-I am not coordinated or good at sports or anything kinesthetic involving my body (I have no rhythm or flexibility whatsoever), and have absolutely no musical talent beyond singing (although I will say I am an average singer at best). I am at drawing, however.
-I love investigating things, am curious about life, and always ask questions and wonder about the "why" rather than "how". I live for the opportunities of the present moment and for new ideas, although I don't always know how to see them.
-I am always on quest for self-discovery and figuring out new things about who I am. I am often relatively introspective and self-reflective.
-I have an incredible memory and recall for things and still experience bouts of nostalgia over my most cherished memories, which are mostly from childhood, and often reminisce over times that were simple and happier. I still remember the names, remarkably enough, of most of my childhood classmates (even dating back as early on as kindergarten) and my grade school teachers.
So, what type do you guys believe I am? What type do I seem like, based on my style of speech/ writing, and what type do you honestly think I am?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
When imagining your voice while reading that, I imagine a rather neutral, fact-based tone. So I think you have Te (i.e. FP or TJ).

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm a bit tired, but my gut reaction while reading over this was INFP. On a closer analysis, I might think differently and I don't want to sound like I am an expert or anything.

You could also be an ENFP I suppose. You definitely give me the impression of an Ne and Fi user in some order by the way you express yourself and describe your outlook on the world.

hailey_parsons

MBTI Type
INFP
You definetely either a INFP for sure, you remind me way too much of myself and I'm an INFP myself.