• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Video: Schizophrenia and Schizoaffective disorders

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Very informative intro for those of us without psychology backgrounds. Thank you. It shed some light for me.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i want to hear more about people's opinions on this video. I have my own issues with it, but that's just me. if you know my history you probably can figure it out. if not i'll probably tell you unless i don't think you can be trusted.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I watched half of it, seems like pretty standard basic teaching. Obviously only doctor's in psychiatry are going to diagnose this, but it's really great for people to know that this disease has a particular set of standards for diagnosis.. i.e. the time periods make a big difference in diagnosing things.

Also, Schizophrenia (but not schizoaffective I believe) has some physical symptoms starting to emerge, and we can see brain scans of patients who have a particular lobe of the brain that ends up shrinking a bit, and under-developed in comparison to a normal brain when the patient is older. Right now they're thinking they've pin-pointed that over-active synaptic pruning (i.e. cutting away useless or redundant things in the brain) that, basically, prunes away too much in patients with full-blown schizophrenia. There's more research being done on psych diseases than ever before, and it's a pretty exciting field to be in research wise.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I watched half of it, seems like pretty standard basic teaching. Obviously only doctor's in psychiatry are going to diagnose this, but it's really great for people to know that this disease has a particular set of standards for diagnosis.. i.e. the time periods make a big difference in diagnosing things.

Also, Schizophrenia (but not schizoaffective I believe) has some physical symptoms starting to emerge, and we can see brain scans of patients who have a particular lobe of the brain that ends up shrinking a bit, and under-developed in comparison to a normal brain when the patient is older. Right now they're thinking they've pin-pointed that over-active synaptic pruning (i.e. cutting away useless or redundant things in the brain) that, basically, prunes away too much in patients with full-blown schizophrenia. There's more research being done on psych diseases than ever before, and it's a pretty exciting field to be in research wise.

they're gonna do a study on the whole spectrum of the psychosis tracking how the brain changes. that's a bit cool i don't

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The intro is too long; it was a struggle to wait for her to come to the point. She also anticipates that people will have questions or find things difficult that are not particularly hard to understand. On the pros side, she's thorough, she's clear about what needs to be done, and she does speak convincingly as though she does not attach stigma, which is big.