• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

V for Vendetta

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think V is an INFJ. My husband says he's an E because he loves being in the spotlight but to me he's there for a purpose, an idealist for a greater cause.
Evey: possibly IxFP? I'm not sure about hers. Thoughts?

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree that V was an NFJ. Evey could be an ISFJ because of inferior Ne but I'm not sure.

yeghor

V has super strength and reflexes, and a fuming anger to get revenge from people who made him what he is. He has the patience to plot a long term plan to that end and is very intelligent to know how to use which person to what end, he can also hack into broadcasting systems to broadcast his messages to the public.

I've noticed people type him INTJ on personality database but he's not an INTJ. He has too much anger that he channels for destructive purposes thru sheer intellect. He wants to hurt people and he is making justifications to himself to that end. He falls in love with Evey which causes him to alter his plans somewhat. To me all these spell an ISTP.

The whole movie can be likened a bit to Phantom of the Opera and also to Beauty and the Beast. I think that would make Evey an INFJ, and V helps Evey to develop her ISTP side and become more daring and less fearful and Evey helps V to develop his INFJ side and become more caring and empathic.

This scene involving V (ISTP), Mr. Creedy (ESTP) and Chancellor Sutler (ESFJ) provides good contrast.

Ideas are bulletproof scene

Last edited:

yeghor

I think this another powerful scene from the movie, where V helps Inspector Finch to tie the pieces together and seeks his help in return to trap the big fish.

In the end of the discussion Inspector Finch asks him why he has waited until this moment to come forward to which V replies "because I needed you Inspector". This is quite telling to me in that it signals that V needed some uncorrupt/moral official inside the top levels of the government that he can sway to his side.

Inspector Finch in the movie is part of a governing council that holds regular video-meetings with high Chancellor Sutler (the dictator probably ESFJ) however Finch is uneasy with how things are going but cannot take action without a properly-built case and public support. In the movie he's never depicted as a guy who relies on his physique but a contemplative man. V picking him for the role suggests Finch is an IxxJ, most likely an IxTJ, and I am leaning towards INTJ cause he's never involved in any fight or chase or similar stuff and doesn't look physically menacing.

Inspector's assistant/colleague next to him in the video looks more like a muscle hence more like an ISTJ, for contrast.

V/Rookwood (ISTP) discusses with Inspector Eric Finch (INTJ)

Edit: Corrected inspector's name in the text as Eric Finch.

Last edited:

yeghor

These clips are quite helpful in getting a feel of how Inspector Finch's mind works. In the 2nd and 3rd clips, you'll see that he's starting to see a pattern of events unfolding and tying the missing pieces together in his mind and he's starting to guess how V is gonnaplay this thing out.

Notice how he has an inquisitive and restless mind, making him to go into the forbidden quarantine zone without permit to find out more about the a facility. Notice how he says how he then had a feeling/epiphany, and saw pattern of chain of events about what has transpired and what's gonna transpire next.

All these suggest that he's a dominant intuitive type, probably an INTJ. His coworker Dominic is an ISTJ. IxxJs make good law enforcement officers.

Chancellor Sutler tells Inpector Finch to ignore a key document or else he would be charged with treason

Would you really want to know scene

Inspector Finch sees the pattern

yeghor

In this scene V helps Evey to find a truth greater than herself and her life, which when she imagines again calms her fears and anger down. I want to believe that it is spirituality and belief in an ideal that both of them have found and like to imagine it as Ni.

That makes sense for V in that he's an ISTP and he says hatred was all he knew until he found something else, which I believe was his Ni, which gave him the capability to make a long arching plan to get his revenge/justice.

Evey's character looks and acts like an IxFJ in the movie but after V, she becomes less fearful and more daring. Perhaps V helps her to develop her Se and she becomes more of a challenger and less fearful. In the below scene, V is associated with Fire and rage whereas Evey is associated with Rain/Water and calmness.

Evey reborn scene

The next scene turns the whole movie into a Beauty and the Beast story, and Evey's genuine love for V fills his heart with joy and makes him feel like a loveable person rather than a Monster he believes himself to be.

V and Evey at the subway station

yeghor

I am wondering if chancellor Sutler could infact be an ENFJ instead of an ESFJ as I typed him before. He doesn't seem to rely on physical looks but is more concerned about his persona and the impression he leaves on the public, but he's willing to censor and fool the public to keep up his powerful benevolent leader image. I don't think he's a T type cause when Mr. Creedy (his head of secret police) captures and is about to kill him, he starts sobbing.

Does that mean Hitler could also be an ENFJ? I've typed Hitler an ESFJ before but Hitler wasn't particularly good-looking enough to warrant an ESFJ typing, then I've wondered if he was an ISTP cause he had a murderous streak, but perhaps he was indeed an ENFJ but how can an ENFJ become so misguided to kill people/civilians en masse? A messiah syndrome?

I've read a long CIA report from 1940s on Hitler's personality profile, which if I recall correctly suggested he was rumored to having had to sleep with (rich Jewish?) men to make ends meet before he became a political figure. That might be the real reason he hated gays and Jews and tried to eradicate them because they had tarnished his glorious image/ego. Note how Chancellor Sutler in the belowgiven clip is also willing to eradicate any item/object that tarnishes his good image.

V for Vendetta - Chancelor Sutler's Introduction

That would then make Chancellor Sutler analogous to Dr. Cocteau in the movie "Demolition Man". In the below clip, Dr. Cocteau (ENFJ), Simon Phoenix (ESTP), Cocteau's assistant Associate Bob (INFP).

Creating the Perfect Society - Demolition Man (1993)