• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Me (Enneagram, MBTI, etc.), please :)

AMC_2016

Hello, everyone! I'm new to TypologyCentral and just recently got into MBTI, Enneagram, etc. I have ideas, but I was curious what others would type my enneagram, wings, instinctual variants, and my MBTI as. I already filled out some of the questionnaires from the compiled list, so I would appreciate some of your interpretations or thoughts on what my types could be. :) (P.S. Sorry if it's somewhat long of a thread)

Enneagram Questionaire
1. Establish a "baseline mood"--when you're at home with nothing to do, where are you at mentally and emotionally? What do you notice in yourself? (Note, this is not a mood you inhabit "frequently", but your psychological baseline).
Mentally, I usually talk to myself in my head and/or visualize my success/my ideal future. Emotionally, I think I’m pretty balanced. I’m often in my head or doing something to try to get out of my head.

2. Describe yourself--
a. What's it like to be you?

I pride myself in being a creative and compassionate individual. I can feel very misunderstood often and feel like I’m not being heard sometimes. I’m very prone to melancholy.
b. What have others said about you?
I’ve been told I’m kind, modest, sensitive, smart, talented, creative, etc.
c. What do you think of yourself?
I think I’m quite intelligent and creative and talented. However, I can be super self-critical as well and pick on things from my appearance to my abilities/skills
3. What are the issues you've dealt with in life? List some recurrent themes, and tell us a little about each one.
Self-Acceptance – I have had to learn to accept and be confident in many things about myself, from my nose to my sexuality, etc.
Looking for love externally – I feel like there’s something missing inside of me, that there’s a void where something should be

4. You're not good at everything--
a. What personality traits and/or ways of being are impossible for you to adopt?

It's hard for me not to worry about things.
b. What are qualities you'd like to have, but can't seem to develop?
I would like to be much less self-critical of myself

5. Why have you left friends and other relationships in the past and/or why have they left you?
I was told that I was trying too hard in the relationship. In all honesty though, I feel like I was just so overexcited about being in a relationship that I over-complimented him way too much and did too much too soon.
6. Which types do you identify with most?
2, 3, 4
a. How do you relate to these types?
The themes of identity, creativity, success, love, etc.
b. How do you NOT relate to them?
Not really sure tbh

7. Which types are least like you?
I guess 6?
a. Why specifically do you not relate to these types?
The basic desire of having security and support. I do have a desire for those things, but they’re near the bottom of the list compared to the other types.
b. What points (if any) DO you relate to?
Fighting against anxiety and insecurity
8. They claim enneagram type is a hidden love need. What are your attitudes toward finding love?
I guess I would consider myself a hopeless romantic. I have this dream of being swept off my feet by an attractive Prince Charming, but at the same time, I know that might not be realistic. I would like to experience a few more relationships before finding “the one”. It is important that my lover meets my emotional needs.
9. What is the message your superego tells you?
Umm...I honestly don’t know
Consider a time when you felt poorly about yourself--this means your ego (i.e. YOU) is receiving negative feedback from your superego. Write a conversation between the two of them--what is your superego telling you about how to be? (Note: this obviously is very personal and may be better done privately. Report your findings).
My superego would basically tell me I’m too fat or that I’m too lazy or that I’m not as attractive/talented/creative as so-and-so

For the following, rank the issues in the order they apply and give a brief description of why and how you relate.

10. Determine your ego ideal--the way you strive to be and want others to perceive you. (Note, you may be consciously aware of failing at this, and you will be hard on yourself if you do. If someone else tells you you're NOT this way, it may make you feel hurt, violated, or angry.)

Which of the following ideals resonate with you the most, and why? Rank them.

1 (least) - to be "okay", having it together
3 - to be devoted and loyal to a person or cause
8 - to be sensitive, original, unique, and creative
I want to be known for my creativity
5 - to be knowlegeable
7 - to be powerful, strong, unassailable.
I want to be intimidating
9 (most) - to be accomplished and successful
I want to leave behind my own legacy and have an impact on the world
2 - to strive to become/behave like a good person
6 - to be a loveable person
4 - to be loving and benevolent

11. Determine your "felt sense" of life. To do this it may help to look at how you perceive events. Another way to do this is to look back at your childhood and think of all the things your parents did to you. How did you/do you feel about these events?

Here are some common "felt senses" of life:

9 (most) - I must do everything to maintain my world
4 - I have a sense of being unimportant, insignificant, and undeserving of attention
8 - I feel imperfect, not (good) enough
6 - I have been abandoned and I am inherently flawed
2 - I'm outside the natural unfoldment of things
7 - People have wronged and messed with me
5 - I feel isolated, cut off, and ultimately separate
1 (least) - I have felt weak and/or vulnerable to attack
3 - I've had a sense of being rejectible

12. Core fears. You may have been aware of these fears even as a very small child, before anyone did anything to influence it. You'd be mortified to be in this position or have others perceive you this way.

Discuss which fears have played the greatest role in your life:

3 - Creating conflict by making myself or my needs too obvious
7 - Rejection, being needy, and not being loved
6 - Weak and not being on top of things
9 (most) - Failure
5 - Being abandoned, sadness, feeling lost
4- Entanglements and losing what I have
8 - Something is basically wrong with me--I'm not good enough
1 (least) - Boredom, grunt work, and being exposed as a charlatan
2 - A lot--everything and everyone to one degree or another. It's very generalized.

Instinctual Variants Questionnaire

Self-Preservation (Need to protect and preserve)
1. Do you tend to save money and are cautious about spending it?

Yes, though I will give into my impulses/wants every now and then
2. Are you security oriented? Ready to protect yourself, those close to you and your resources?
No. Not really
3. Are you fairly consistent? Like things known and regular? No big changes?
Most of the time.
4. Do you dislike taking big risks unless it's a "sure" thing?
I think you have to take risks to get what you want.
5. Are you fairly private? Not revealing too much to strangers?
Yes. Very private.
6. Do you tend to be introverted?
Yes.
7. Do you understand money? Securities? Investments?
Umm…not exactly
8. Do you tend to plan for the future? Ready for emergencies?
Sometimes, depending.
9. Are you concerned about health? Safety? Comfort? Home? Hearth?
I’m more health-conscious than I used to be, but comfort isn’t a big concern of mine.
10. Are you worried about what may go wrong? Tend to imagine worse case scenarios?
ALL. THE. TIME.
11. Do you like things spelled out? Details? Exact information? Guarantees?
Yes.
12. In relationships do you take care of others financially?
I’d prefer to be taken care of financially

Social (Need for Social Validation) - Can show up with strong focus on groups, organizations, family, world, friends, your surroundings, your social image
1. Do you need or really like social validation?

It helps.
2. Is social image important to you?
Very much so.
3. Do you have desires/fantasies of being rewarded in a social or public arena?
ALL. THE. TIME.
4. Do you think about your affect on others, groups, organizations, and the world?
Not much
5. Is it very important to you to look good in public, groups, work, and the world? Is name recognition important, either yours or others?
Yes.
6. Are you upset if you don't get enough validation, reward for the hard and creative work you do in a social context or for a social cause?
Yes!
7. Are you involved in groups, organizations and team oriented activities?
I was in choir club, marching band, etc. in highschool, so I was involved in a lot of group activities
8. Is belonging to special groups or being a leader of a group important to you?
I feel more important that way.
9. Are you strongly upset if you feel not included or rejected by a group or family or not invited to a social event?
Not strongly, but I do get somewhat upset.
10. Do you make your money through your association with groups affecting a large number of people?
No.
11. Do you get really upset if you make a social faux pas? Do you think about and plan out how you will be or present yourself in public?
Sometimes. And yes. I love the idea of playing with your persona.
12. Are you the social instigator and connector in your family?
Not really.

Relationship (Need for 1 to 1 or Relationship Closeness)
1. Do you define yourself through a romantic or close partnership? Is closeness with another person of paramount importance?

It can be of great importance.
2. Do you like intense energy, particularly in relating to people? Are you energized when you have a revealing conversation or engagement with another, particularly a special other?
Yes.
3. Do you tend to focus more attention on close relationships than money?
Yes.
4. Does money relate to how a partner will see you more than security for yourself?
I mean, if it makes you look better, that’s great, but it’s not the primary focus.
5. Are money and resources less for self and more to please an intimate other?
Sometimes. I spent a lot of money on my intimate other (now ex) for their birthday.
6. Does your attention go more to how well you relate to a partner or potential partner than to other concerns?
I don’t think so.
7. Would others describe you as dramatic? Do you like to go deep with things?
Yes. I get told that often.
8. Do you tend to be in the moment and not think as much about the future or your future security?
I like to visualize my ideal successful future, but other than that, I’m in the present.
9. Do you have an urge to merge? Do you "lose yourself" with an important other at times?
I’m going to say yes.
10. Do you like risk taking? New experiences? Tend to get bored without enough stimulation particularly in the area of relationships?
Yes. You need some new experiences every now and then,
11. Are you focused more on connection with another and forget your own priorities?
My career comes before a lover, but that connection is still important.
12. Do you focus a lot on sexuality, romantic fantasies or mystical spiritual experiences?
YES. ALL. THE. TIME.

Thank you very much! I really appreciate that you took some of your time to help me out! :)

AMC_2016

Here's the MBTI Questionnaire if that helps too! :newwink:

MBTI Questionnaire
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
Primarily the S/N part. I am often in my head, but it’s usually that I’m talking to myself or visualizing my ideal successful future. Therefore, when I answer questions on quizzes/tests, I feel it’s very easy to misunderstand/misread a question and then mistype yourself. I feel like if I can explain myself thoroughly, it’s easier to understand.
2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I yearn for success and recognition from my creative endeavors and I also yearn for love. I don’t want to leave this world feeling like I didn’t leave behind a legacy or impact of some sort, and I don’t to leave this world feeling like I was unlovable or that I never had a love of my life.
3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I feel like I’m at my best when I’m being creative, productive, and when I feel I am being heard. If I feel like I am making an impact, I feel I’m at my finest.
4) What makes you feel inferior?
When I compare myself to others. I might see someone doing something better than me and I might feel inferior. And when I compare my appearance to others I can feel inferior too.
5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
My feelings tend to weigh on my decisions. My values are also important in my decision-making process. I might take people into consideration, but I tend to ask people for reassurance that my choice is a good one before I make a decision.
6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I do like to have control on the outcome, especially in group situations. I probably prefer to work by myself, but when I do have to work with others (like at school, etc.), I tend to take on most of the work because I have very high standards. I feel very uncomfortable if the answer we give isn’t up to what I think is correct, so I can add little things of my own in there so I feel more comfortable with the answer.
7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I have a very good memory and can remember some events and random things from my past. Off the top of my head, the Proms/Homecomings I attended seem to come to mind for being a lot of fun. I loved dressing up and just dancing the night as I hung around with my friends. Even though I feel I am much more introverted, it seems like I become a different person on the dancefloor. I guess I am energized by the stimuli (music, lights, etc.) and I just get super into it and I start to love the attention. I usually didn’t leave until Prom/Homecoming had ended because of how much fun I was having.
8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
When I’m curious about something, I generally look it up and read about it. I can spend hours upon hours reading about it if I am that interested in it. If it’s something I have to do though, I like people to show me how to do it. For example, if I had to learn how to change a tire, it’s easier for me to learn if someone is showing me how to do it.
9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
Not very organized at all. I’m very messy and unorganized.
10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I’m not exactly sure. It’s sometimes hard for me to analyze myself and tell whether I’m more realistic or idealistic.
11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Probably the first one. If there’s something wrong/some tension in a group, it’s somewhat uncomfortable. With that said, if I feel like I have to stifle my self-expression in a group setting, I feel very restricted inside.
12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I think I speak before thinking because I remember instances where I said something only to realize what I had just read afterwards. I’d probably prefer one-on-one communication because it’s easier to create a deeper connection that way.
13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speak more than words?
If the phone rings, for example, I will usually let others get it first. If I’m jumping into something I’m passionate about though, I’ll most likely jump into action right away. And I think words can mean a lot, but in the end, it’s the actions that mean the most.
14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
It honestly depends on my mood. When I’m more melancholic, I would most likely stay home. And if I feel like I need some stimulation or I’m in a really good mood, I would likely go. That said, if its American Horror Story that is about to start, I’m definitely staying home! xD
15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I get very restless. I walk around and try to talk myself through the stress to calm myself down.
16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I can really butt heads with people who are closed-minded and stuck in their ways. I cannot stand people who are judgmental of others and don’t even take a minute to put themselves in others’ shoes to try to understand/feel how they feel.
17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I like when we debate and discuss social issues. Generally, I like talking to people about many different topics of the arts and basically about anything in the creative realm.
18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
Probably more of the mundane things in life. I also am not a very science-y person, so I don’t get into a lot of science topics either.
19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?
I’ve been told that I’m sensitive and modest and that my personality isn’t dull. I don’t know if their perception is exactly wrong, but I would love to play with my image and persona and change their perception of me.
20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
I would be much more productive if I had a schedule, but I rarely make any schedules. I would spend my day working on my creative aspirations. I would practice piano, guitar, and dancing. I would also exercise and write/record some songs. Basically, I would be improving myself and my skills.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
rejection group (258) seems very prominent. you id with heart center so 2 would be my guess. there's quite a bit of 3 and 1 in there too but i'd give the edge to w3. instinctual pref seems so/sx. i don't like mbti enough to do that one.

AMC_2016

rejection group (258) seems very prominent. you id with heart center so 2 would be my guess. there's quite a bit of 3 and 1 in there too but i'd give the edge to w3. instinctual pref seems so/sx. i don't like mbti enough to do that one.

Thank you very much for your interpretation! :) I'm looking forward to what others thing as well.

sardonic delight

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here's the MBTI Questionnaire if that helps too! :newwink:

MBTI Questionnaire
I am often in my head, but it’s usually that I’m talking to myself or visualizing my ideal successful future.
Ni-sh

My feelings tend to weigh on my decisions. My values are also important in my decision-making process. I might take people into consideration, but I tend to ask people for reassurance that my choice is a good one before I make a decision.
Fe

I do like to have control on the outcome, especially in group situations. I probably prefer to work by myself, but when I do have to work with others (like at school, etc.), I tend to take on most of the work because I have very high standards. I feel very uncomfortable if the answer we give isn’t up to what I think is correct, so I can add little things of my own in there so I feel more comfortable with the answer.
Kind of sounds like Te
I have a very good memory and can remember some events and random things from my past. Off the top of my head, the Proms/Homecomings I attended seem to come to mind for being a lot of fun. I loved dressing up and just dancing the night as I hung around with my friends. Even though I feel I am much more introverted, it seems like I become a different person on the dancefloor. I guess I am energized by the stimuli (music, lights, etc.) and I just get super into it and I start to love the attention. I usually didn’t leave until Prom/Homecoming had ended because of how much fun I was having.
Some Si but a lot of Se.

When I’m curious about something, I generally look it up and read about it. I can spend hours upon hours reading about it if I am that interested in it. If it’s something I have to do though, I like people to show me how to do it. For example, if I had to learn how to change a tire, it’s easier for me to learn if someone is showing me how to do it.

Si or Se, they like to learn from being shown. It's a sensor thing.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Probably the first one. If there’s something wrong/some tension in a group, it’s somewhat uncomfortable. With that said, if I feel like I have to stifle my self-expression in a group setting, I feel very restricted inside.
Fe
12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I think I speak before thinking because I remember instances where I said something only to realize what I had just read afterwards. I’d probably prefer one-on-one communication because it’s easier to create a deeper connection that way.

I'm leaning towards you being an introvert.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
It honestly depends on my mood. When I’m more melancholic, I would most likely stay home. And if I feel like I need some stimulation or I’m in a really good mood, I would likely go. That said, if its American Horror Story that is about to start, I’m definitely staying home! xD
Feeler over thinker.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I can really butt heads with people who are closed-minded and stuck in their ways. I cannot stand people who are judgmental of others and don’t even take a minute to put themselves in others’ shoes to try to understand/feel how they feel.
Sounds Fi.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
Probably more of the mundane things in life. I also am not a very science-y person, so I don’t get into a lot of science topics either.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
I would be much more productive if I had a schedule, but I rarely make any schedules. I would spend my day working on my creative aspirations. I would practice piano, guitar, and dancing. I would also exercise and write/record some songs. Basically, I would be improving myself and my skills.
I see both Ni and Te here.

Overall I think you're an INFJ, possibly an INFP but you give off just wee bit more Fe vibes. SJ is possible but SJ's a bit more okay with mundane things in life. Your similar yet different. Hence INFJ and possibly a well balanced one at that. If you're an NT then maybe a INTJ but I doubt it.

I'm just learning enneagram so it's not my strong suit (yet). I'm still going to give it a go and say 5w6 sx/so.

AMC_2016

[MENTION=28526]sardonic delight[/MENTION]
Thank you so much for your interpretation on my MBTI and enneagram! :)

yoliyoli

I think you're an INFP or and ESFJ. Yeah, wildly different choices, I know. But Si is definitely in there with all the dedication. Ne is in there with the 'want to leave an impact part.' If you're saying you want to leave an impact, you're not Ni. Ni's just go for it. Ne's dwindle and doddle and don't give a shit. They kinda take their time. I definitely see inferior Thinking in there, either Ti or Te but I can't tell. I'd guess I'd need more evidence for Fi since Fe is tipping the scale right now.