• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Trump vs. Biden

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
From 538

New Hampshire is evidently getting even more blue (average is Biden +9.3)
Georgia is now a complete toss up. So a miracle is perhaps possible.
Florida is back to Biden +2.0
Pennsylvania is back to over +5 for Biden

One more tied poll for the senate seat in South Carolina.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

White Raven
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
"The Proud Boys are a men’s organization founded in 2016 ... as a pro-Western fraternal organization for men who refuse to apologize for creating the modern world; aka Western Chauvinists."

Dkog5okUUAAYjou

These neo-fascist chuds have a magazine with an "editor" named Pawl. :laugh: They're also terrified of women and don't jack off.

I see them as Stormtrooper LARPers. Not the Star Wars kind, the Nazi kind.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I see them as Stormtrooper LARPers. Not the Star Wars kind, the Nazi kind.

If you want to be historically accurrate, they and similar groups are more functioning as Sturmabteilung (SA) while they might be thinking they are the new Schutztruppen (SS). Good thing they seem unaware of the Night of the Long Knives and the fate of Ernst Rhöm...

The Cat

Offering FREE Monkey paws down at the Crossroads.
Staff member
If you want to be historically accurrate, they and similar groups are more functioning as Sturmabteilung (SA) while they might be thinking they are the new Schutztruppen (SS). Good thing they seem unaware of the Night of the Long Knives and the fate of Ernst Rhöm...

you aint just whistling dixie. Holy shit. :shock:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

White Raven
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Well, yeah, I was thinking of the SA. But people often get them confused.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just to vent a couple more things about the debate: Trump actually criticized Biden for leaving so many judicial positions open at the end of his & Obama's term. As if that insidious Vogon Pudding McConnell didn't hoard them to fill with conservative judges.

Another thing that seemed beyond moronic was ranting about how Biden wasn't drawing crowds. Biden isn't holding rallies because there's a pandemic.

Trump On Defensive Over White Supremacist Group After Debate Comments

First of all, he wants to make it clear, he's never met them. But also:

The top House Republican, California Rep. Kevin McCarthy, insisted that the president did affirmatively answer the question, and then noted that the president has moved to designate the KKK and antifa as hate groups.

McCarthy quickly pivoted to criticizing Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden for not calling out violence from individuals with ties to antifa, the left-wing movement that the FBI has labeled an ideology, rather than a specific group posing a security threat.

Biden explicitly said, "Violence is never okay." He wasn't even asked. He was talking about the protesting and said, "By the way, violence is never okay." He actually reiterated it a couple times, clarifying the difference between protesting and violence. I don't remember the GOP in general being so prone to voicing complete fabrications before Trump. Actually, a recent Frontline documentary points to Sarah Palin being the first person to do this with her "death camp" horseshit. But it seems rampant now, like they don't see any point in checking to see what the truth is first. There's a weird "Just say what you want the truth to be, and they'll believe you!" version of "build it, and they will come" magic happening for them.

"Flames...flames...flames..."

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
With new nudge in polls on 538 Iowa is now blue in polling average, Biden +0.4.
I mean the place voted for Obama so it is possible that it will go Blue again (although probably with pretty small margins)

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I thought Biden's best moment was when Wallace was telling Trump that he agreed to the rules of the debate during a conversation about his tax returns and Biden goes something like "yeah he lied about following those rules just like he lied about his taxes." Had to give him a little proverbial hat tip for that bit of savage wit.

Other than that Trump beat the living piss out of him all night, which was hard to watch because Biden is now at that age where he feels at the same time a very old man and a wide eyed little boy- neither of which you want to see get their ass kicked- but at the same time neither of which you want to put in charge of anything.

When Trump got into it with Wallace the moderator, saying "Ok, I guess I'm debating both of you then. That's ok, I'm used to it." I felt, as the millenials say, "personally attacked."

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
Imagine thinking Trump “beat the living piss out of” Biden. Anyone can interrupt, raise their voice, and lie. The only thing Trump beat the living piss out of was his chances of winning, and perhaps global perceptions of America.

Biden leads polls, voters say he beat Trump in first debate

As another example:

Mr. Trump’s actions were the actions of a bully. I am an independent, and I was shocked by his interruptions and his refusal to show an ounce of respect to either Mr. Biden or the moderator. Biden is not completely innocent – he did tell Trump to “shut up” and he did call Trump a “clown”; however, these actions could be seen as a direct result of Trump’s insults. I voted for Trump in 2016, and was viewing him favorably before the debate. Now, I see that he, as Biden says, “does not know what he is talking about.” He tried to taunt and insult Biden. Biden’s son, Beau Biden, died after serving in the military. Trump did not even acknowledge his sacrifice! Instead, he immediately tried to coerce Biden into making a gaffe and tries to insult Biden’s other son, Hunter.

and

[FONT=&quot]Chris Wallace needed a toggle switch to mute the mic of the one not speaking. Both were guilty of interrupting, but Trump did it every time Biden spoke. Failure in the ability to listen and respond appropriately shows a lack of leadership. This flaw can be seen in the worst managers in the workplace, all the way to the President. No leader should have that.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Biden also managed to speak to the people more often. When Trump answered, he spoke to either Wallace or Biden. He never spoke to the camera. The few times he tried, it seemed disingenuous and shifty, reminiscent of Nixon in 1960. Biden meanwhile was able to speak to us watching without a problem.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Trump continued to go off-topic and lied 30 seconds into the debate. While both candidates spoke untruth during the debate, Trump couldn’t seem to speak truth at all when fact-checking.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Then there’s the phrase “Proud Boys, stand back, stand ready”. That’s chilling as a person of Irish, Romani gypsy, and Cherokee heritage. The president just told a white supremacist group recognized by the FBI as a domestic terrorist group to be ready. That is scary, and should be to all Americans.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It is now crystal clear who this Independent is voting for. Definitely NOT Trump.[/FONT]

Here's who over 15,000 readers said won Tuesday's debate | Boston.com

batteries included

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Imagine thinking Trump “beat the living piss out of” Biden. Anyone can interrupt, raise their voice, and lie. The only thing Trump beat the living piss out of was his chances of winning, and perhaps global perceptions of America.

Even by Trumpian standards, the debate was a circus. Boiling it down, at the very least the debate hasn't helped his chances of being re-elected. Though there's always the subsequent debates.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
b5660d5b6dbd220923791cea6b41e289.png

I personally can't imagine thinking Trump won, but (apparently) there are a lot of people who perceive bullying alpha dog aggression as strength. I imagine this would necessarily preclude anyone who has had a stutter from being a "strong leader," and would explain why Trump seemed almost singularly focused on tripping Biden up.

I think this particular characterization (the tweet) is wrong (for one, I was not raised upper middle class), but it seems to me like vague justifications like it are common.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How Trump Voters View His Position on Pre-existing Conditions

Recent polls show the [Republican] party’s voters believe the president will do the best job of protecting those with pre-existing conditions. They believe the repeated promises he makes, at campaign rallies, in Twitter messages and with executive orders — despite his support of lawsuits and legislation that would do the opposite.

A recent survey from the Kaiser Family Foundation found that 84 percent of Republican adults said Trump had the “better approach” for people with pre-existing conditions. Another, from the Commonwealth Fund, found that 81 percent of Republican likely voters said he was “more likely to protect health insurance coverage” for such people.

This is just sad.

If people believe his executive order about pre-existing conditions means anything, he may as well sign a couple of executive orders to get rid of cancer and to make donuts super healthy and non-fattening and get them really enthralled.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
With new nudge in polls on 538 Iowa is now blue in polling average, Biden +0.4.
I mean the place voted for Obama so it is possible that it will go Blue again (although probably with pretty small margins)

Polls pulled Iowa back into red, but either way it is a toss up.
However Arizona, NC, Pennsylvania and Ohio got a little bit more blue today due to polls.

But we probably have to wait next week to see the actual impact of the debate on numbers.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
bQLb36v.png

So, to recap:

1. Trump decides to ignore all rules of decorum at the first debate.
  2. Most viewers agree that the debate was a shit-show and an embarrassment to the United States. Some even call for muting of microphones when allotted time is up.
  3. The Commission on Presidential Debates decides to consider updates to the debate format to prevent said shit-show from happening again.
  4. Trump campaign describes this move as biased against the POTUS.

Trump basically destroys everything he touches, and his supporters march in lockstep behind him. Worst representatives of "conservatives" I've ever seen.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Trump basically destroys everything he touches,

Yup. I've said this before. He's a plague that corrupts everything in proximity.

I knew this would happen, that the mic thing wouldn't fly. Instead of screaming bias about the moderator verbally trying to keep things on the rails, they will now argue about bias in the mic rules, who does and doesn't get turned off, etc.

Rules discriminate against Trump, because he cannot discipline himself to adhere to any. He's too good for rules.

Edit: ironically, I should also note that he corrupts/kills himself as well. He needs these debates more than Biden does. He was losing bigly and they were his last shot to make a case and show some humanity. He's actually ruined his own effectiveness at achieving whatever momentary agenda he had throughout his term because of a lack of discipline. He is self-indulgent to any momentary feeling of self-importance or self-gratification to put boundaries on himself to achieve a higher goal.